Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but the thing is an Owl Ship and Bubastis and Moloch figures would have completed the toy line as seen in the graphic novel itself.

Watchmen-comic-figures.jpg

And here's a mock ad they did for the movie:

Watchmen-movie-figures.jpg

I had hoped that's what they were going for with this line (the figures even used the same designs as the faux ad in the comic). But oh well.

Mattel is a master of stupidity. They nearly have a license to print money and they settle for $1 bills instead of $100s. They've really just given up on DC right now to focus on Masters, but they're too selfish to let go of the license and let someone else do it justice. There are so many obvious things they should have made by now, but haven't. And their handling of the line is even worse than their plans for the line. :slap

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the sub in date is upon us and alas, this line may be at its swan song. Anyone here planning on subbing? Lee in mi and I have one so far, down from two last year, but really hoping to get Vixen and now that the retail line is dead, this is the only spot to ever get a dark knight returns superman, provided fans wanted to see that in the sub.
Have all the freaks abandoned this line? LMK. If not, head over and sub up!

None for me. I subbed for 2013 and didn't get one figure I wanted. From what they've shown for 2014, there's nothing of interest for me. Besides, not subbing will allow me to budget for the HT Batman and Robin from the 66 TV show.

Hey I'm from Detroit!
No interest in Huntress, Fire and Ice?
You must be either straight old school or Nu52.?

Yeah, the price increase turned me off. $30 for $10 figures is too much. If I'm going to pay for overpriced figures, I will get oversized ones, like PAK or HT instead.

My Favorite figure from the Subscription line ... is Probably Mallah and the Brain. I like Larfleeze alot too, as well as Captain Marvel jr... and a couple others, but I feel as if over all they hosed us ..., and better characters coulda been offered.

Good day fellas. Just started collecting Mattel DC Universe Classics. I know it's a bit late, as the retail production has stopped, but I have already started and was hoping there were folks here who are letting go of their spare / double / duplicate loose figures.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Here is my small collection so far, gotta back track big time.

View attachment 105736
View attachment 105737
View attachment 105738
View attachment 105739

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398393474776.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398393474776.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 356
I don't normally do 6 inch customs but this was a pretty simple build, still want to work on the hair and boots but you get the idea.

Jesse Custer

7d84e8b2-fe7e-4713-bfd7-cfb92f6afe26_zps175abfb2.png

Cool! Ya just don't see enough Preacher and Hellblazer customs. I'd also like to see Spider Jerusalem or some characters from 100 Bullets. Mainly 1/6 though.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Good stuff,Turd!
I really wish there were some quality preacher figures out there.

Curious to see what kind of stuff comes from the AMC series.
....provided that it doesn't suck ass.:lol

Back