The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Load the bar for bench press to 455 and ask someone for a spot. They tell me how their dad could do 500.

About to do a 405 push press. Someone tell me about how they saw someone break their back doing overhead lifts as I am getting ready to lift. I say, "thanks for the visual, very encouraging". They reply, "Oh don't worry, they had like 8 plates". I say, "Per side? Umm not possible". He says, "No but he had a lot more than you, don't worry, you can't hurt youself with what you have on the bar".

Why is it everyone knows someone bigger and stronger or whatnot. It is annoying. I used to work with someone who always said her husband was about my size. When I finally meet the guy, he is just some average schmoe who clearly doesn't lift. Da fuq.

LOL! Yeah, well, I can squat a car, so take that!

Load the bar for bench press to 455 and ask someone for a spot. They tell me how their dad could do 500.

About to do a 405 push press. Someone tell me about how they saw someone break their back doing overhead lifts as I am getting ready to lift. I say, "thanks for the visual, very encouraging". They reply, "Oh don't worry, they had like 8 plates". I say, "Per side? Umm not possible". He says, "No but he had a lot more than you, don't worry, you can't hurt youself with what you have on the bar".

Why is it everyone knows someone bigger and stronger or whatnot. It is annoying. I used to work with someone who always said her husband was about my size. When I finally meet the guy, he is just some average schmoe who clearly doesn't lift. Da fuq.

Yep, a guy I spot and use to spot me often always tells me how his dad would bench 450 and squat 600.

A.) Have a video? I'd love to see it! If not, Who gives a ****. Could be a quarter squat with wraps.
B.) Sucks you didn't get any of his genetics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hit some PR's yesterday

Bench-Press (X pattern)
Set 1: 4 @ 225
Set 2: 6 @ 205
Set 3: 10 @ 185
Set 4: 16 @ 135

Barbell Curls
4 sets @ 95 between 8-12 reps

Hit some PR's yesterday

Bench-Press (X pattern)
Set 1: 4 @ 225
Set 2: 6 @ 205
Set 3: 12 @ 185
Set 4: 18 @ 135

Dumbell Curls
4 sets @ 95 between 8-12 reps

Congrats! I've never heard of the x pattern though. Quick description?

LOL! Yeah, well, I can squat a car, so take that!

Well I never got the oppertunity to squat one but I did flip a car for a few turns in a contest and have deadlifted them too :D

Yep, a guy I spot and use to spot me often always tells me how his dad would bench 450 and squat 600.

A.) Have a video? I'd love to see it! If not, Who gives a ****. Could be a quarter squat with wraps.
B.) Sucks you didn't get any of his genetics.

Lolz. Every time. I am too nice to reply something snarky though. Besides I need that spot. If I piss him off, he might leave me stranded under the bar haha.

Basically do your heaviest set first, after every set lower the weight but try and get more reps each set.
Use a spot though, go to failure each set.

Gotcha. I always heard it referred to as reverse pyramid training. Works extremely well. Congrats man!

I just call it drop sets. After using my heaviest weight of the day, I do drop sets. So if I worked up to 405x3, I might do 315x12, 275x20 etc...

I was using the easy barbell, the one with a slight bend in it, straight barbells hurt my wrist. Anyways does the outer and inner grips work different parts of the biceps when doing bicep curls?

I was using the easy barbell, the one with a slight bend in it, straight barbells hurt my wrist. Anyways does the outer and inner grips work different parts of the biceps when doing bicep curls?

The primary role of the bicep is not elbow flexion but really supination and pronation of the wrists. Supinated curls hit the bicep best. Barbell curls and hammer curls also bring in the brachialis a lot.

If barbell curls hurt your wrist, make sure you are not allowing your wrists to bend backwards. They should remain neutral and that means squeezing the bar and flexing your forearms. Your forearms and wrists will get a big workout from barbell curls. EZ curl bars remove a lot of the wrist and forearm involvement. Pick the tool best suited to your goal.

Managed a 415lbs push press last night. Pressing is going great. Looking forward to breaking the 200kg (440lbs) barrier. 30lbs to go to hitting 5 wheels per side on the bench. All drug free.

Deadlift is being stubborn but it is moving. Just slowly.

Timestamp it, because that is what happens, like this and you are the 1%, dislike and you've been/are the 99%.... the others.

Load the spaceship with the rocket fuel, load it with the Skimaniacs. With the command of my voice I raise the level of the Skimaniacs to one that can’t be reproduced. Dig your claws into my organs, scratch into my tendons, bury your anchors into my bones, for the power of the Bannerski will always prevaaaaaiiiiiilllll.

Ski

Back