RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
47 Ronin 6.5/10

Not nearly the train wreck critics made it out to be. I will say, I liked it for not copping out and going with the Hollywood ending.

Considering how most people give out 10's so regularly on this board, ASM2 must be pretty disappointing as its only getting 8's. Most peoples 10's I'd give a 7.

I don't usually give out 10s ;)

Haven't seen it yet but I suspect the overlong/overstuffed complaint would indeed be addressed with fewer villains.

It was more his Fathers research and airport stuff that I felt made it a tad too much

*takes note to make same adjustment to Khev's ratings for Cap movies* :lol

Absolutely! Do take my enthusiasm over TFA and especially TWS with a grain of salt. I'm just one diehard Cap fan for which TWS hit all the right notes. But I wouldn't want anyone to take my biased reviews as gospel and then have the movie be a disappointment.

Biased reviews can still be helpful though. If a movie is upsetting or exciting to built-in fans that still can say a lot about what to expect.

Right but often you have to factor in a boost of 1-2 "fanboy" points depending on the person. So if someone with a Spider-Man handle, avatar or sig is giving it an 8 or 8.5 then that might mean it's really a 6 or 6.5 for the rest of us.

You gotta recognize the poster as well, sometimes "fanboy" factor makes someone overcritical of the handling of their favorite character. Its definitely a double edged sword.

Absolutely! Do take my enthusiasm over TFA and especially TWS with a grain of salt. I'm just one diehard Cap fan for which TWS hit all the right notes. But I wouldn't want anyone to take my biased reviews as gospel and then have the movie be a disappointment.

Biased reviews can still be helpful though. If a movie is upsetting or exciting to built-in fans that still can say a lot about what to expect.

I'm with you. I've gotten to where my ratings are pretty much enjoyment based rather than quality.
Probably every rating I make could be dropped a point or 2. :lol

Right but often you have to factor in a boost of 1-2 "fanboy" points depending on the person. So if someone with a Spider-Man handle, avatar or sig is giving it an 8 or 8.5 then that might mean it's really a 6 or 6.5 for the rest of us.

Any bias on my part is normally due to a nostalgia factor moreso than fanboyism. I mean I love Terminator and I think T3 is complete cack. Not enjoyable on any level really. I wouldn't give it points purely on the grounds of being a Terminator film. In fact I might more likely deduct points for how badly it fails in that regard.

Last edited:
Amazing Spiderman 2 - 5/10

IMO the worst Spidey film to date. No, not joking.

My rankings:

Spiderman 2
Spiderman
Spiderman 3
The Amazing Spiderman
Amazing Spiderman 2

Back