RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Passion of the Christ. 9/10. Never got around to seeing this before. Extremely well done. True to the source material, even with some directoral elaboration. Quite possibly the most horrifically brutal movie I've ever watched. But, with purpose. Only reason it isn't a 10/10 is I probably would've extended the story to show a couple of the post-resurrection appearances. Seems that would've tied it up more completely.

Well worth a watch.

SnakeDoc

Only Lovers Left Alive - 10/10
I saw a review of this on TV recently, & it looks really good. I'd like to check it out.

:clap :lol

The Passion of the Christ. 9/10. Never got around to seeing this before. Extremely well done.

Well worth a watch.
It's a polarizing film; some praise it, & others are disgusted by it's gruesomeness.

That said, I agree that it's a well made film - & whether one's religious or not, that has to be at least acknowledged. Jim Cavizel (sp?) literally put his life on the line as it were, playing the role. Solid cast, very authentically shot / acted etc - something you'd expect from a mammoth budget & the names involved anyway.

It's definitely worth at least one watch - but personally, once was enough for me. I couldn't sit through all that again.

It's a polarizing film; some praise it, & others are disgusted by it's gruesomeness.

That said, I agree that it's a well made film - & whether one's religious or not, that has to be at least acknowledged. Jim Cavizel (sp?) literally put his life on the line as it were, playing the role. Solid cast, very authentically shot / acted etc - something you'd expect from a mammoth budget & the names involved anyway.

It's definitely worth at least one watch - but personally, once was enough for me. I couldn't sit through all that again.

In more ways than one, apparently. Caviezel was struck by lightning while filming the Sermon on the Mount ...

SCOTT ROSS: It's been rumored, I don't know if this is true or not, but as you were filming you were hit with lightning? That's true?

JIM CAVIEZEL: I was lit up like a Christmas tree! I was doing the Sermon on the Mount. I knew it was going to hit me about four seconds before it happened. I thought, "I'm going to get hit." And when it happened, I saw the extras grab the ground.

What they saw was fire coming out the right and left side of my head. Illumination around the whole body. And during the shot they said, "Do you have it on camera?" What happened was Mel had said, "Action" and the cameras were panning to me and here is where this light just flashed. And by the time the cameras got to me, I hear Mel screaming out, "What the heck happened to his hair?" I looked like I went to see Don King's hair stylist.

JIM CAVIEZEL: Five minutes after I got hit, Jon Mikalini, an assistant, walks over and says are you okay? And then he got hit. The difference was that they saw the bolt come down and hit Jon; they didn't see that when I was standing there. All I felt was this giant tremendous slap on my ears and a few seconds of a pink, red static in front of my eyes.

https://www.cbn.com/700club/guests/interviews/scottross-jim_caviezel_2.aspx

That qualifies as one of the eerier filmshoot occurrences I've ever heard of. He also apparently suffered hypothermia and a dislocated shoulder during the filming of the crucifixion.

I think the polarization has more to do with it being difficult to watch than any complaints about the content itself with regard to accuracy to the source material, or being more brutal than the story justified. It is a bit difficult to watch, though. But, I think that was the point.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Captain America: Winter Soldier - 7.5 out of 10. Still prefer the original, but better than Thor 2.

Noah - 5 out of 10. Complete cheese fest.

I saw a review of this on TV recently, & it looks really good. I'd like to check it out.
It's Jarmusch, he can't disappoint those who understand him.

Also I wanted Hiddleston to play Eric Draven since new "Crow" was announced and this film shows why.
I wouldn't be able to adequately perceive Luke Evans in that role knowing that Tom got ignored.

It's Jarmusch, he can't disappoint those who understand him.

Also I wanted Hiddleston to play Eric Draven since new "Crow" was announced and this film shows why.
I wouldn't be able to adequately perceive Luke Evans in that role knowing that Tom got ignored.
That's right - Jim Jarmusch directed it! :rock

I also dig Tilda Swinton - great actress.

They're doing a new Crow? :monkey1

At least they didn't get Mark Wahlberg like they wanted.

Z8oDYvG.gif

I caught two Aussie horror films recently:

The Reef - 7 / 10

Not bad. Some excellent shark footage tied in with the actors in the water. Some nice cinematography, decent suspense, but fairly predictable too.

Black Water - 5 / 10

Borderline crap actually. Really dumb people make some decisions, & pay for those dumb decisions. :lol
The plausibility of the crocodile's behaviour (supposedly based on true events) is debatable on a few occasions too.

Back