RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I'm a Terminator fan, not as big as others here, but I thought Salvation is one of the best.

My list:
T2
TS
T1
T3

Salvation is boring crap. It was kinda cool watching for the first time. But when you really look at it, it's got no soul. No life. No nothing. Everyone is an _______, and boring.

And you turned one of the better actors of this generation into a growling idiot. No wonder he flipped out. I'd flip out if I had to work in a movie that soulless and stupid.

The Terminator series has a ton of heart. (I don't mean 3). There's actual, human emotions there. That's what makes those two films.

I don't know, I thought Salvation's tone was pretty cool. And liked the Marcus Storyline. But you are right about the blandness of it. It's still a bit more exciting then T3 though IMO. Most of that is due to me not being able to take Arnie serious as an actor in anything after 1999. :lol

Eh. I dunno. T3 does have a smidge of heart to it. And that ending is really, really, really brilliant.

TS has a cool look to it. No doubt. Problem is though, McG doesn't have a style, or puts any of himself in the film. I love directors who put a visual stamp on their films. You know they made it. You know they care about it.

People like McG and Brett Ratner don't seem to care. They can film something that looks good, but you'd never know they made it.

21 Jump Street - 9/10

Very very funny movie...plus awesome cameos by Depp and DeLuise :rock

I don't know, I thought Salvation's tone was pretty cool. And liked the Marcus Storyline. But you are right about the blandness of it. It's still a bit more exciting then T3 though IMO. Most of that is due to me not being able to take Arnie serious as an actor in anything after 1999. :lol

I thin the problem with this one is it ended up being more of a Marcus story than anything else.

We waited forever for a John Connor story and now, we are still waiting.

I wonder what the reboot will hold for us fans? :gah:

Eh. I dunno. T3 does have a smidge of heart to it. And that ending is really, really, really brilliant.

TS has a brilliant opening with that resistance attack on a skynet outpost - and the big continuous sequence with the helicopter crash etc. I dunno, I prefer it to T3.

TS has a brilliant opening with that resistance attack on a skynet outpost - and the big continuous sequence with the helicopter crash etc. I dunno, I prefer it to T3.
:exactly:
Yeah, the opening scene is really cool. Same with the ending scene inside Skynet.

Van Helsing - 7.5/10

- Been years since I saw this. Can't believe how bad some of the special effects were but still a fun movie. Not the kind of movie you should take seriously.

Cloverfield - 8/10

- Most movies that do these shaky camera gimmick are ____ but I like it alot on this film.

Dawn of the Dead. 5/10. Should've been called "Mall of the Dead" ... the whole freaking thing was in a shopping mall. The baby thing was stupid. Bleh. After two seasons of The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and Zombieland ... just disappointing.

As for T3 ... I thought it was fair. Watchable, but definitely the worst of the franchise. Rehash of T2, with a tired Schwarzennegger, a worse villain, and I didn't like the casting of John Connor at all. That whiny, scrawny little dude was lousy. He should've been in his 20s by that time, and had some training time with good 'ol mom ... and Claire Daines had bigger stones than he did.

The action was worthwhile, and the ending was good, though.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Dawn of the Dead. 5/10. Should've been called "Mall of the Dead" ... the whole freaking thing was in a shopping mall. The baby thing was stupid. Bleh. After two seasons of The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and Zombieland ... just disappointing.

You should try the original Dawn where the mall was used as a point of satire, you might get more out of that one.

dont hate on it too much. This is one of the zombie flicks that help ignite the current Zombiemania which enabled Walking Dead to get green lit in the first place... :monkey1

Oldboy 9/10 Been a very long time since I have seen this movie and finally got around to picking up the trilogy today on bluray :yess:

Back