RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much grander scale, not as relentless and overall I don't think the fights are as inventive. However some of the action scenes away from the fighting are amazing. Story is surprisingly good. Just an overall better production. Its incredibly gory and doesn't hold back. Can't wait for part 3 with Tony Jaa in it too.

Compliance 0/10

Disturbingly bad! I can't f__king believe anybody can seriously be that stupid and for that reason the movie rating suffers :lol

HuLk - 8/10
TiH - 6/10
:hi5: I'm a big fan of the 2003 film. :)

I recently caught the 2004 remake of Thunderbirds - 7 / 10.

Not nearly as bad as I expected! The story was a bit meh - but yeah. Lots of tips of the hat to the old TV show, & I actually quite liked it for the most part. The island, the mansion, the tech - all great. I thought they could've cast someone else for Lady Penelope, but the actress they went with was alright. Parker was spot on!! :lol

Ben Kingsley as the villain was absolutely PERFECT casting. That oriental looking bald guy with the crazy eyes in the old TV show - Sir Ben was the first guy I thought of as a potential candidate when I first heard they were making the film - & they cast him! :lol

Bill Paxton as the dad - nah. The whole story revolving around a 'kid' Alan (the other four brothers were forgettable anyway) - nah. Tin Tin being Indian, & the villain's niece? Nah. I like that she had his powers though.. :lol

I'll probably buy it if I see it around, but I still have to buy the old series first!!

Last edited:
Django Unchained. 9/10. I'll admit to missing the first half-hour or so. Still, the rest was a very well-done revenge western. I'm into both revenge movies and westerns, so its right in my wheelhouse. I didn't find it quite the anti-white flick some billed it as. The revenge seemed to be act-specific rather than race-specific ... and the most satisfying revenge seemed to be against SLJ more than DiCaprio. Really great movie. Maybe one of my favorite Tarantino movies. Great gunfights. Blood effects were excessive. I wouldn't think bullet wounds would splash quite like that. That part almost reminded me of the absurd gunfights in Last Man Standing (w/ Bruce Willis) ... where a single shot from a .45 sends somebody flying across a street. Seems like a lot of trouble for absurdity.

Jackie Brown ... 7/10. It was alright. Watchable, but not Tarantino's best. Big fan of Elmore Leonard, and I like Tarantino a lot. Wasn't as good as I expected, given the involvement of those two. Never been much of a fan of Pam Grier. First role I ever saw her in was as a fairly convincing transsexual in Escape From LA, and that's been a tough first image to shake. I like Michael Keaton a lot, though. It'd be interesting to see a series built around his character. SLJ was a badass ... but roughly the same character he always plays. It was interesting seeing DeNiro as a bumbling lackey rather than the top dog.

Wyatt Earp. 8/10. Good enough. Bit long. Costner was better than I expected as Earp. He tends to play the same character in most every movie ... a nice guy. He started off that way in this one, but played the sullen Earp better than I expected. Quaid's Holliday was great. I need to watch Tombstone again to justly compare it to Kilmer's Holliday.

SnakeDoc

:hi5: I'm a big fan of the 2003 film.
:duff

Beside meh designs and lack of action in the finale, it has everything I love about such movies.

recently caught the 2004 remake of Thunderbirds - 7/10.
Not nearly as bad as I expected!
Lots of tips of the hat to the old TV show.
Come on, it was on par with other terribly pointless live-action adaptations:
Street Fighter, Tank Girl, Bayformers, Rise of Cobra, DB Evolution, Speed Racer, etc

Well, maybe giving it a 7 was being a tad charitable.. but ehh - I didn't mind it.

There was a fair bit about it that was crap, I'm not denying that. :lol

Back