RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lego Movie: 6.5/10
Very clever and fun. I thought it was amazing that they "built" everything out of real lego blocks, down to the water, fire and smoke. And I liked how they made it look like stop motion animation and gave the pieces realistic movements, i.e., the pieces didn't bend. I wasn't thrilled with

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was too obvious and literal that they went there. I liked it better and thought it was more clever when it was all alluded to and meant as metaphors.

Austenland: 5/10
It was ok. My wife read the book and thought they did a bad job adapting it, but also said the book wasn't much to begin with. I personally was interested because it was directed by Jerusha Hess who did Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre and Gentleman Broncos, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed for their quirkiness. I thought she would add something interesting to the movie, but sadly it was fairly straightforward. I did enjoy seeing Bret from Flight of the Conchords!

Anchorman 2: 6.5/10
I thought the first half was hilarious. Unfortunately I thought the second half didn't sustain the laughs, once Ron went to the lighthouse.

Spoiler Spoiler:

cameo was very cool. And I would have liked to see more Kristen Wiig and Baxter.

The Lego Movie: 6.5/10
Very clever and fun. I thought it was amazing that they "built" everything out of real lego blocks, down to the water, fire and smoke. And I liked how they made it look like stop motion animation and gave the pieces realistic movements, i.e., the pieces didn't bend. I wasn't thrilled with

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was too obvious and literal that they went there. I liked it better and thought it was more clever when it was all alluded to and meant as metaphors.

Not so obvious to the target audience though :lol

Planet of the Apes (1968) 8.5 out of 10
Beneath the Planet of the Apes 6.5 out of 10
Escape From the Planet of the Apes 7 out of 10
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes 7.5 out of 10
Battle for the Planet of the Apes 6.5 out of 10
Rise of the Planet of the Apes 8.5 out of 10

Been on an Apes binge. I have never gotten past Beneath before on the original series. I was actually really impresses what they achieved with next to no budget on the sequels. The ideas in the films are what's important. Conquest was badass! Especially the unedited ending. Very psyched for Dawn :rock

I want to rewatch the classic five as well as the Burton remagining and Rise. The original is hands down a 10/10 for me. Of all the sequels, I think I enjoyed Beneath most still being set in the same world as the original, having a human as the main protagonist, and the awesome addition of General Ursus. I remember thinking they became lesser quality as they went on but still enjoyable flicks. Hated Burton's and haven't seen it since it came out. That movie is the reason I am always skeptical of remakes, reboots, and reimaginings. I didn't even want to see Rise. I thought I'd hate it. I wanted to hate it. But I ended up really enjoying it. Might be second to only the original. Can't wait to see Dawn.

Lego movie - 6.5/10

Very visually appealing but overrated as well. I did not find it very funny and wasn't into the characters. Legos weren't my favorite as a kid either, so I think many of the references and easter eggs weren't as cool to me as, say, the ones in Wreck-It Ralph.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 10/10

I think the original is a 10/10 as well and im really happy with what the sequel did with the characters and the relationships. The animation was stunning. I love hiccup and toothless' relationship. This film had a ton of heart.

Back