RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
Just don't expect much.
It's not a movie per se, more like one long cinematic scene from unreleased video game.

I'm starting to watch only 9's or 10's movies.(and not the 9's and 10's you kids give out like candy, real good flicks!) Anything else isn't worth my time. Unless i just want to check it out gotta try to see if they're making anything worthwhile these days.

Predator 9/10
Rocky 10/10
X-Men DOFP 6.5/10
Fight Club 9/10
Dead Snow WTF/10
LOTR FOTR 9.5/10

Gonna watch Edge of tomorrow when i can torrent it, expectations mediocre.

You've become what you hate, Mr. Candyman.

Boyhood-9/10 one of the best films this year. It's a charming and thoughtful film that examines the personal growth that coming of age entails and explores the relationships that surround it.

Caught Book Of Eli (in full) tonight - 7.5 / 10.

Ehh.. I liked it. Might be a bit generic & cliched in some aspects, but I like the premise / visuals, & Denzel does well in it.

Gary Oldman reminds me of a combo of his characters in Leon & Fifth Element. :lol That said - always love his work.

Also Jennifer Beales is still fine, & Mila is easy on the eyes too. :duff

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

8/10

Wow, they don't make 'em like this anymore and they probably never will. It's amazing that a movie of this genre was ever made with such high production values and was so hardcore with the sex and violence. And what a timeless score.

I thought it was interesting to notice that it beat ROTJ to the punch for what would eventually be some very iconic images.

maxresdefault.jpg

epi61.jpg

conan30.jpg

luke-funeral-pyre.jpg

8/10

Wow, they don't make 'em like this anymore and they probably never will.
It's amazing that a movie of this genre was ever made with such high production values and was so hardcore with the sex and violence.
And what a timeless score.

:exactly: :lecture:lecture:lecture

8/10

Wow, they don't make 'em like this anymore and they probably never will. It's amazing that a movie of this genre was ever made with such high production values and was so hardcore with the sex and violence. And what a timeless score.

I thought it was interesting to notice that it beat ROTJ to the punch for what would eventually be some very iconic images.

maxresdefault.jpg

epi61.jpg

conan30.jpg

luke-funeral-pyre.jpg

And to think in a few years (after they cancel King Conan because Terminator 5 sucked sweaty donkey balls), when you mention Conan, the first thing people will think will be the Momoa abomination. :monkey2

the Momoa abomination. :monkey2

It really was an abomination too. You guys know how forgiving I can be for genres I like but damn, it was so bad that when I watched it on the DVR I ended up just fast forwarding to the end after about 20 minutes. When I saw how stupid the ending was I was glad I hadn't wasted my time watching the whole thing.

I just hate that all sword and sorcery films all want to be The Scorpion King with their stupid oiled bodies and crappy CGI. I can't imagine why so many people want to channel Steve Sommers instead of John Millius.

They went all out with the original Conan the Barbarian. Such massive set pieces were built, epic locations chosen for filming, hundreds of extras in any given shot, which of course all still hold up today because it was all "real." You really believe that you're watching an ancient fantasy world and not some dumb video game. And then there's that freaking amazing score. Too bad Millius never did any sequels (and I'm guessing he never will.)

Last edited:
It really was an abomination too. You guys know how forgiving I can be for genres I like but damn, it was so bad that when I watched it on the DVR I ended up just fast forwarding to the end after about 20 minutes. When I saw how stupid the ending was I was glad I hadn't wasted my time watching the whole thing.

I just hate that all sword and sorcery films all want to be The Scorpion King with their stupid oiled bodies and crappy CGI. I can't imagine why so many people want to channel Steve Sommers instead of John Millius.

They went all out with the original Conan the Barbarian. Such massive set pieces were built, and epic locations chosen for filming, hundreds of extras in any given shot, which of course all still hold up today because it was all "real." You really believe that you're watching an ancient fantasy world and not some dumb video game. And then there's that freaking amazing score. Too bad Millius never did any sequels (and I'm guessing he never will.)

Kinda scares me with King Conan. If they do wind up making it, Dino's long passed away, so I'm fearful most of it will be horrific green screen garbage like Hercules and the Clash of the Titans movies. :(

Yeah, I feel like the only way we'll get another "1982 Conan" is if a JJ Abrams type comes along and deliberately films it in a "retro" style. I wouldn't mind some CG in a new movie but they'd *have* to do it like Jurassic Park where you'd see CG for a wide shot of a monster but there'd still be a full size animatronic head for Conan to jump on or whatever. I love the slow moving snake that Arnold decapitates in the original. Now they'd have that snake whipping around like the stupid serpents in the Anaconda movies.

Yeah, I feel like the only way we'll get another "1982 Conan" is if a JJ Abrams type comes along and deliberately films it in a "retro" style. I wouldn't mind some CG in a new movie but they'd *have* to do it like Jurassic Park where you'd see CG for a wide shot of a monster but there'd still be a full size animatronic head for Conan to jump on or whatever. I love the slow moving snake that Arnold decapitates in the original. Now they'd have that snake whipping around like the stupid serpents in the Anaconda movies.

Hopefully Arnie has some say and mandates practical effects. Otherwise I see this being a lame bookend to the series.

DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam The Return of Black Adam 10/10

Idc if the movie isn't tied to the Justice League if it ends up being as good as this short film.

Back