RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

The Rite. 7/10.

Not a bad movie, but it was predictable.
I do love these movies about possessions so it was still fun to watch.

I hated "Anitchrist" too pretentious.

Stupid talking fox... WTF was that all about?

:lol I thought that was the best scene! :rock

Balada Triste De Trompeta - 7/10
Spanish film about two clowns battling for the love of a female acrobat in a circus. A pretty weird watch... interesting though.

Take Shelter. 9/10.

OK, just finished watching this and enjoyed all of it.
Michael Shannon is good at playing this kind of role. I've seen him in Bug and the character he plays in that movie is very similar to this one.

By the way, did anyone catch the subliminal message right at the very beginning of the movie?

The first time you see Shannon, less than a minute into the movie, he's standing in front of his garage looking up at the sky. The next shot you see a huge, dark cloud, in the shape of a person's head. Now, at the very top of the head, where your brain is, the clouds are enormous. From the forehead, the clouds spread up and outwards and you can see lightning behind the clouds only in that area.

Very suggestive that 'this is all in your head.'

:clap

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon: 6/10

I had to take 2 breaks while watching it because it was so mind-numbing. It really went on for much too long, especially the first hour to hour-and-a-half. They should have cut more than half of that stuff. I did enjoy the prologue in Cybertron. And I LOVED the building sequence. But the rest was overload.

I kinda want Bay to do something else besides these Transformer movies. I loved Armageddon and Bad Boys 2, and didn't think Pearl Harbor was so bad. He creates excellent action sequences, and all his movies are photographed impeccably.

I was trying to think back to the other two movies and for the life of me I can't remember the second one. I had to read the Wikipedia plot summary to refresh my memory, and I seem to remember the first half of the movie (vaguely), but damned if I can't remember the second half with all the action and resolution. I think that's very telling.

He's going to make Pain and Gain next. A low budget true story something to do with body building. Said one car crash, no explosions. So, that's next. I'm excited for that.

Take Shelter. 9/10.

OK, just finished watching this and enjoyed all of it.
Michael Shannon is good at playing this kind of role. I've seen him in Bug and the character he plays in that movie is very similar to this one.

By the way, did anyone catch the subliminal message right at the very beginning of the movie?

The first time you see Shannon, less than a minute into the movie, he's standing in front of his garage looking up at the sky. The next shot you see a huge, dark cloud, in the shape of a person's head. Now, at the very top of the head, where your brain is, the clouds are enormous. From the forehead, the clouds spread up and outwards and you can see lightning behind the clouds only in that area.

Very suggestive that 'this is all in your head.'

:clap

Just went back to check that out. Never noticed that lol. I thought the movie was pretty refreshing in the sense that its been a while since I've watched a movie where I was really into it and it didn't need any out of this world action scenes or anything like that to keep my attention.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Drive, I dont even know what to give it. Parts were great and others were head scratchers...

Justice League: Doom

6/10.

It was alright.

I really liked Batman's response to everything; he made the movie.

Just went back to check that out. Never noticed that lol. I thought the movie was pretty refreshing in the sense that its been a while since I've watched a movie where I was really into it and it didn't need any out of this world action scenes or anything like that to keep my attention.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you listen to the commentary the director goes the opposite of your spoiler leanings.

Spoiler Spoiler:

To answer your question, I would again refer to that subliminal picture at the very beginning of the movie. That image pretty much tells you the underlying theme/idea that drives the main character.

At the end,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Interesting, I wish I had a copy of the movie to listen to the commentary track.

It's a good commentary and he just seems to lean that way but from interviews he's been putting out as far back as Sundance he's open to the idea of people making different interpretations because whats being interpreted is irrelevant to what the movie is about. Here's a great answer from a Q&A

Well, I said it last night in the Q&A, and I can reiterate here: His wife is the pivotal character. Michael Shannon is the main character, but Jessica Chastain is the pivotal character. Will she stay with him? Will she not stay? Will she support him? Will she not? The answer to that is the answer to this stress and this fear and, ultimately, the film. If this movie isn’t a film about marriage, commitment, and communication, what happens at the end, literally, doesn’t really matter. It can and hopefully will be interpreted in a number of ways.

Back