RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Your Highness - 1/10

I take it you watched it on HBO as well?

Your Highness - 6/10

It wasn't terrible, but the medieval ages aren't exactly the best time period for what is essentially a stoner comedy. Compared to, say, Pineapple Express (which I'd give a 9/10 or even a 10/10 since it's so good at what it does), it definitely fell short. I was looking forward to Danny McBride and James Franco doing something together again, just wish the setting wasn't so surprisingly bland. A few fun scenes and some charmingly-ignorant (a couple of those were funny for the wrong reasons :)) facepalm-inducing jokes are all it had to offer.

The problem is, they didn't use a script. They improved the whole movie. That did not work .

Really? Huh... it did seem pretty weak in some spots. Not too bad for an improv deal, but it was underwhelming. Definitely could've benefitted from a solid script.

1408 - 5/10

John Cusack in a haunted hotel room - Meh. Not particularly scary, and I find films like these never have a satisfying conclusion. Its a cliche to leave them open-ended.

Pump up the Volume - 7/10

Used to love this film, not sure why. It was alright but...I kinda side with the meddlesome adults! Whats cool about a pirate radio kid encouraging teenage rebellion over sweet **** all? Teenage rebels need a smack about the head.

Harsh Times - 8/10

Good film. You want Bale's character to die though.

Wizard of Oz - 10/10 A classic 100%. Songs are classic, effects are suprisingly good for the time, and all the sets/costumes are vibrant and gorgeous.

Paranormal Activity 3 - 9/10 This series scares the heck out of me. I can watch any slasher and pretty much any other horror movie and not move a muscle, but the little things like a picture falling off a wall drive me nuts. Better than 1&2, the last 20 minutes are edge of your seat type stuff.

1408 - 5/10

John Cusack in a haunted hotel room - Meh. Not particularly scary, and I find films like these never have a satisfying conclusion. Its a cliche to leave them open-ended.

I actually liked this one ... and I'm not big on the "suspense/horror" genre. I'd put it in the same category as The Shining, and Shutter Island. None of those were all that scary -- just mind games -- but they were entertaining, well written, and well acted.

SnakeDoc

Actually i'm gonna have to agree with snakedoc. 1408 was pretty good imo. I think I rated it at about 7-7.5/10.

Evil Dead 2 - 9/10

Still one of my favorite horror flicks of all time.

I picked up the Blu-ray for only $6 at Best Buy.

I actually liked this one ... and I'm not big on the "suspense/horror" genre. I'd put it in the same category as The Shining, and Shutter Island. None of those were all that scary -- just mind games -- but they were entertaining, well written, and well acted.

SnakeDoc

Neither of those films are close to the same league as The Shining imo. 1408 especially. It's just nowhere near as mysterious, interesting, well acted etc.

Paul - 7/10 - I'm probably overrating this, but I'm a fan of the Pegg/Frost movies.

Good Will Hunting - 7/10 -Somehow I've missed this one until now. Maybe it's the constant praise and hype that I've heard about it, but I just wasn't blown away. It's good, but I wouldn't say it's an all-time great. Also, I think I spent most of the movie wanting to punch Matt Damon. It's great when the main character annoys the hell out of you.:lol

Batman - 8/10

First time I've seen it on DVD, hard to believe. Only ever watched my original VHS copy before.

Evil Dead 2 - 9/10

Still one of my favorite horror flicks of all time.

I picked up the Blu-ray for only $6 at Best Buy.

That Blu Ray is so worth it. It's got a nice long feature about making the flick that's pretty decent. And the ported over extras from the last DVD.

Still, for 10 bucks or 6 bucks, it's a steal.

Just go with it 6/10 Does Sandler make funny movies anymore? JA and BD were smoking hot in it though. NK not so much.

Fright Night (2011): 8/10
Surprisingly good remake... I was pretty sure this would be awful, but the modernizations of the story were well done yet didn't interfere with the story. Definitely a fun watch :rock

Winnie the Pooh (2011): 7/10
First off I'm not sure 62 minutes constitutes a "feature length" film... but still it was not too bad. But still hard to watch a Winnie the Pooh in which the voices are a bit different and the characters don't act quite how I remember them. Decent, but would have preferred if they'd been able to keep it a bit closer to the original.

Dumbo: 10/10
Great as always... haven't seen it in a long while, but loved seeing it on BluRay :rock

Back