Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up - Alex Ross Art is selling the 2014 SDCC Sketchbook Hardcover Variant on Amazon.com. This sketchbook features front and back cover artwork of He-man and Skeletor. I do not believe the interior of the sketchbook has any other MOTU artwork from Alex Ross, but I have not seen it in person. It probably has a lot of his Marvel and DC artwork, which I also enjoy.

This book was $50 at Comic-Con so the markup is minimal and it has been signed by Alex Ross. There are only 400 copies total including those sold at Comic-Con. The direct link is below:

https://www.amazon.com/Alex-Sketchbook-HardCover-Variant-SIGNED/dp/B00MHVUEQ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407938776&sr=8-1&keywords=Alex+Ross+SDCC+2014+Sketchbook+HardCover+Variant+SIGNED

Here is my SDCC haul which includes said Sketchbook.

avyqugyr.jpg

The Sketch book does not have any MOTU in it at all.

Thanks for confirming Eamon! I figured that was the case, but I enjoy Alex's artwork so the book is definitely worth adding to my collection. I only wish there were some 11x17 prints of He-man and Skeletor available.

Congrats on the SDCC haul by the way. I thought you weren't attending though? Did you have a friend pick those up for you?

Congrats on the SDCC haul by the way. I thought you weren't attending though? Did you have a friend pick those up for you?

Aye, had a friend who was good enough to sort me out. :)

I think Alex Ross's He-Man is great (though he is missing his bracers) but I am not feeling the Skeletor one that much.

Very odd he did these are they are credited to Mattel.

In an ideal world I would've loved if he finished his original comic cover for 2003. That was badass but unfinished.

Last edited:
So, just throwing this out there - I'd like to trade for a Lookie/Kowl, SDCC Hordak w/book (or just the regular Imp with no Hordak would be okay), Goat Man and Clamp Champ.

Anyone in the Chicago area going to the showing of the Toy Masters doc? I'm so excited to finally see it!

Wow! That's actually getting released? You'll have to let me know what you think of it JonWes. I would love to go see it buy Chicago is about a 6 hour drive.

Tug O War was just trademarked....could be 2015's spirit of Hordak chase figure

Also Uncle Montork/Dre-elle may be an outside the sub item in '15

Tug O War is some yellow dressed dude who plays tug-o-war with the masters in the comics

Tug O War is some yellow dressed dude who plays tug-o-war with the masters in the comics

I... I can't even believe they'd make Tug O War guy dressed in yellow. I just can't. But trademarks cost money to register so.... wow.

So he's some random guy from a mini-comic?

10.jpg

And from that same story came the story of Battle Bones. Never knew it was so sad. I actually had 2 of these as a kid because I loved it so much. :)

15.jpg

Tug O war is a repaint cash grab...people will buy it just because he's in the Mini Comic

Back