Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not subbing. There's no way anyone can convince me to spend hundreds of dollars on figures I don't want just to get the remaining 2 or 3 I do.

I'm still not subbing. There's no way anyone can convince me to spend hundreds of dollars on figures I don't want just to get the remaining 2 or 3 I do.

I don't think anybody should Sub for that very reason....if you want all the figures,do it! if not,cherry pick away (if we get a full line)...people shouldn't be bullied
into buying into this line....

Either way,I am happy with walking away with Lizard Man,Ninjor and Oo-lar (for that vintage he-man head)

Either way,I am happy with walking away with Lizard Man,Ninjor and Oo-lar (for that vintage he-man head)

Yeah, at this point I am fine either way. I subbed this one since I have subbed every other one. I was on the fence big time with this one but opening the figures each month with my kids is fun and sometimes its the figures I have no desire for that they like the most. Castle-Grayskull-Man, Thunder-Punch He-Man and Sir Lazor-Lot are my sons favorites after the basic He-Man and my daughter really likes the Stat Sisters and Castaspella so I never can tell. The only shown ones I am personally really looking forward to right now are Oo-lar and the Snake Armor two pack.

The sad thing with buying a sub if you only want to cherry pick is that the costs have gone up so much that you are doomed to come out on the losing end. Twice during this run I have ended up getting two subs. The first time I did it I was able to sell off the figures I didn't want two of and actually came out ahead this year was the second time I did it and I have ended up selling off almost all of that second sub at a big loss.

Scott went on vacation and didn't think he had to sell the sub. So, it stalled at 90%. It's as simple as that. I'm sure that one way or another 2015 will happen (they claim they need 24 months notice to make any changes) but this will be the final full year after all.

Scott went on vacation and didn't think he had to sell the sub. So, it stalled at 90%. It's as simple as that. I'm sure that one way or another 2015 will happen (they claim they need 24 months notice to make any changes) but this will be the final full year after all.

I truthfully find it hard to believe that his vacation has any impact on sales. It just doesnt make sense. That like saying you missed out on going to see a movie at the movie theater, despite knowing it was out for a limited time with a specific end date, becuase the director didnt make a personal video message to go see it. If people want to sub they will regardless of what he has to say. I subbed early and hope it hopes mainly becuase I want a 200X mini sub. i have little interest in finishing off the vintage line.

Yeah, honestly, Scott doesn't do a huge amount of promotion during the sub, other than the occasional videos in past years. Which, frankly, I don't think sell a ton of subs. His vacation time is immaterial, to me. It's all about wether there are enough people who want this or not.

Sadly,Folks are buying extra Subs just so the line goes through? what a waste of money.....buy what you want and then move on

It's bad enough there is a glut of figures that just don't sell well and 2015 is loaded with them

That is such a crazy thing to me. Why go through all of this trouble and expense to "help" the largest toy corporation on the planet. They don't need your help. You're just being exploited.

I truthfully find it hard to believe that his vacation has any impact on sales. It just doesnt make sense. That like saying you missed out on going to see a movie at the movie theater, despite knowing it was out for a limited time with a specific end date, becuase the director didnt make a personal video message to go see it. If people want to sub they will regardless of what he has to say. I subbed early and hope it hopes mainly becuase I want a 200X mini sub. i have little interest in finishing off the vintage line.

If I had his job and I couldn't sell 100 subs in a day, I would quit. He has all of the resources, all of the prototypes. Even without an advertising budget, the internet is there waiting for him. In previous years he put together videos to push the drive. He didn't bother this year. He simply went away and trusted that he didn't have to play salesman.

If he was desperate to get the sub filled he wouldn't have taken the vacation. That's a ridiculous claim. It all sounds like bullying tactics. It's come to be a really big turn-off for a lot of people. Myself included.

If he was desperate to get the sub filled he wouldn't have taken the vacation. That's a ridiculous claim. It all sounds like bullying tactics. It's come to be a really big turn-off for a lot of people. Myself included.

I don't know the truth, at the end of the day. But I will say I do trust the 4H to be straight shooters. They always have been in the past.

2015 MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS SUBSCRIPTIONS!

Hey all of you Masters of the Universe Classics fans out there! Well, as I’m sure you’re well aware of by now, we got some pretty unsettling news this week. Even though during the San Diego Comic Con it looked like the 2015 Club Eternia subscriptions were selling really well and it looked as if we were going to sail really easily right through the end. We were all amazed at the huge amount of support fans were showing for the line. The 2015 Club Eternia looked like such an early success at that point that we’d even already been discussing with Mattel what we were possibly going to do with 2016 MotU Classics line-ups.

Unfortunately, things seemed to have stalled out just before the end of the original end date for the subscriptions, and we ended up about 10% short of the goal needed to make the 2015 line a reality. We’ve seen people speculating that this might be some sort of ploy by Mattel to boost sales even farther over the percentage needed, but that’s simply not true. We discussed the actual numbers with Scott Neitlich (Mattel’s own ToyGuru) yesterday, and we can assure you that we are indeed just a small amount short of hitting the goal needed to make the 2015 Club Eternia subscription happen.

We’re about 90% there and we just need one little extra bump to get us over the edge. Obviously that’s where you come in, He-Fans and She-Ravers! If you’ve already bought a 2015 Club Eternia subscription – thank you! But your work here isn’t done. Please help to spread the word and let other people know that it’s not to late to jump onboard and help to make MotU Classics one of the most spectacular action figure lines in toy history.

The 2015 MotU Classics: Club Eternia subscriptions are going to re-open tomorrow, Friday, 8/22 at 9:00 am pst, and close on Monday, 8/25 at 11:59pm pst

I mean c’mon… Did you ever think you’d get a Madame Razz or Broom figure in MotU Classics? What about Lizard Man? Gwildor? A New Adventures She-Ra? That awesome Tung Lashor? Mermista? The fan-chosen Huntara? If we don’t make that subscription happen some of those figures may never see the light of day, and we might have to shave O-Dawg’s head just to make us all feel better.

So please, if you can, go over to https://www.mattycollector.com/ tomorrow and sign up for your MotU Classics: Club Eternia subscription! Let’s wrap this thing up with a bang, not a whimper. Thanks a TON!!

Jim, Eric, Cornboy, Shane, Sherri and O-Dawg

-FOUR HORSEMEN TOY DESIGN-

Back