Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently Toy Guru is on vacation for two weeks again. How can a man be a brand manager of a toy line like this and go on vacation every week during the only week in which the subs close??????

IMO Gross negligence.

Apparently Toy Guru is on vacation for two weeks again. How can a man be a brand manager of a toy line like this and go on vacation every week during the only week in which the subs close??????

IMO Gross negligence.

Really? Hahaha... What's different if he was at work? How exactly does it affect the outcome? :dunno...

Really? Hahaha... What's different if he was at work? How exactly does it affect the outcome? :dunno...

Because he could market the line and try to sell subs????? Seriously, he should be talking to everyone he can and pulling out all the stops.

IMO Gross negligence.

What does it matter if he is on Vacation?? the Sub sells itself....we ALL know about the Subscription and we All know what's involved with it.
There is nothing he can do! It's either we Sub or Don't.....people shouldn't go and buy extra subs and waste more money just to keep a line going either

The fact is,2015 has the worst and least popular characters of any year yet...nothing but mostly C and D list characters.....the best years characters are done! (1982-1985)

:lol exactly.. It doesn't affect anything...we all know what to do (buy or don't)...there is nothing else he can do now but watch

(he has already chimed in today too)

But the sub doesn't sell itself. It's a secret sub, and never tries to find new customers. Look, I'm no marketing guru, but if I were in his shoes I would be doing everything in my power to crusade for every last sale up until the final hour. At a minimum he should be releasing creative videos of the new figures and posting his head off anywhere that might let him.

But the sub doesn't sell itself. It's a secret sub, and never tries to find new customers. Look, I'm no marketing guru, but if I were in his shoes I would be doing everything in my power to crusade for every last sale up until the final hour. At a minimum he should be releasing creative videos of the new figures and posting his head off anywhere that might let him.

what would really help is reveal Angella (wings shown at SDCC) and reveal the entire list of what we are getting in 2015 (no bull crap that we already know what we're getting when they can easily bate and switch any characters they want after sub)

Mara (that actually few people of 60 votes voted this LAME character in),Huntara (should of been Masque),Buzz Saw Hordak (big time lame) and more Variants are not going to help sell subs

I love the Horde and Hordak specifically but I have no idea why they'd release Buzzsaw Hordak. Unless they're going to do something crazy that deviates from the vintage figure he basically looks exactly like regular Hordak.

I love the Horde and Hordak specifically but I have no idea why they'd release Buzzsaw Hordak. Unless they're going to do something crazy that deviates from the vintage figure he basically looks exactly like regular Hordak.

The "rumor" I have seen is that he could come with Mantisaur as the $60 sub item, obviously if the sub fails that won't happen and we'll never fins out.

The "rumor" I have seen is that he could come with Mantisaur as the $60 sub item, obviously if the sub fails that won't happen and we'll never fins out.

That's about the only way I'd be happy to get him. They do insist they are going to make him cool somehow.

If at this point as a MOTU fan you don't know of the existence of the line or the sub, it's too late honestly. Right now the line is surviving on current subscribers, nobody would start collecting this line right now as they don't have access to about 60% of the collections at decent prices.

If the sub were in danger he would be doing that... it's not obviously as he hasn't done sales drives like in previous years. He said at ComicCon that the sub was selling BETTER than any other year... we're good...

like who? BBTS has already been in

Doesn't matter... I think we're good...

So where did we end up?

No idea yet. They don't get into Mattel for another half hour or so. Hopefully we'll hear soon after if it's good news. If it's close but didn't actually reach a 100%, then it could be a bit before we hear one way or another.

If I was Mattel and it was close but not at 100% I would announce the percentage it reached and say that the sub will go through but only at the pre-ordered level meaning no day of sale figures. I would open up the sub again for maybe a two week span and then close it. They would probably pick up enough orders to get to the 100% and based on what happened with Sea Hawk a figure with no day of sale stock can still have plenty of early access stock latter on. If it is like the DC line they might already have tooling on the first quarter of figure already and canceling the sub would mean they are no longer assured those sales if they release the figures quarterly (and probably at a higher price point too).

Sub didn't make it....unless Mattel miraculously pushes it through,but only expect whatever that was shown at SDCC will be the final figures for '15

Back