Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rio isn't quite what is hoped, but might try to get him anyways. However I just got Two Bad few days ago, and he is just freaking great. I'm really happy to have him, though I thought it was sub-only figure or something like that. Bought it from a local net auction.

Yeah, I think the peg holes might be the culprits for things not sitting right. That's what TheFWoosh seemed to be saying in their review. The thing is, I actually love all the rest of him. He was one of my favorites in the line (I liked a lot of the latter waves, I guess because by the time they came out I was 7 or 8 and was a bit more into it all mentally. LOL. So Roboto, Sy-Klone, Extendar, Snout Spout and Rio Blast are some of the figures I have the most fond memories of. A lot of the older figures like Teela and Man-At-Arms I got incomplete at garage sales. So, really liking RB, I was actually REALLY satisfied with the update on him. Until this crap happened.

This might actually motivate me to take him under the knife and see what I can do. :)

Yeah it's definitely the pegs. You can see the pegs in the Fwoosh photos. Cheese and crumb I can't believe that did that. It's just an entirely incompetent engineering decision. There's no excuse for that. Some of the recent in-house changes to figures, like Modulok and NA Skeletor, have resulted in uglier figures than the original Four Horsemen prototypes. In this case it's the changes don't just make the figure uglier they make it look broken.

I dunno, he still looks pretty good to me.

I wonder if simply heating the flap/pegs might do the trick and get it to stay flush?

That wouldn't do anything. There's pegs on the insides of the flaps that the weapons plug into. Those pegs keep the flaps from sitting flat. It's not that they're distorted from manufacturing or something. Just the way thu are designed makes it impossible for them to sit flat.

That wouldn't do anything. There's pegs on the insides of the flaps that the weapons plug into. Those pegs keep the flaps from sitting flat. It's not that they're distorted from manufacturing or something. Just the way thu are designed makes it impossible for them to sit flat.

Well, that's too bad... :(

THis is smart business philosophy! Screw up the whole figure and make people buy a second one to fix it individually. Funny thing: it works! I am going to order a second RB to fix him. Almost comparable to Hot Toys! Leaky abs?! No problem, I buy a new one... :lol

Well, I haven't lost hope... just submitted my order for next year's sub.

One last time! :)

Oh I am in it for the long run. Bought my sub the day it went up.

Good luck to all going to San Diego Comic-Con International tomorrow. I hope ya'll have fun.

I will not be there this year but my art will in a big way which I am extremely proud of. May I request you all take pics when you visit the Mattel Booth of you along side 'it' and post the pic here or on my facebook. You will know what 'it' is when you see it. :)

been subbed for weeks. in it to win it. they keep selling, i'll keep buying. but only one this year

still not subbing....I hear we're getting a mini sub next year,I hear we're getting out of the Sub items for MOTU for next year....do you enjoy paying shipping twice? or 3 times over? I am tired of it.If I cherry pick,I then can add ALL my items into one order...Hover Robots are coming (either this year or next).200x mini Sub for next year.I want to be able to buy everything I want in ONE order.It seems Matty continues to play customers like a fiddle with their rip off shipping practices

I Buy the main sub, and the mini sub, i get to combine all my shipping into one order as well. i generally skip the out of sub items.

word is, it's a 200x mini sub.

Oh I am in it for the long run. Bought my sub the day it went up.

Good luck to all going to San Diego Comic-Con International tomorrow. I hope ya'll have fun.

I will not be there this year but my art will in a big way which I am extremely proud of. May I request you all take pics when you visit the Mattel Booth of you along side 'it' and post the pic here or on my facebook. You will know what 'it' is when you see it. :)

This sounds very exciting and very promising. If I had an Eamon wish list it would be She-Ra at the top of the list every day of the week. Maybe 200X She-Ra...

I really hope so Eamon. I still have my 200X Snake Armor He-man which is the only one I kept from that line. I would love to see the Four Horsemen tackle him in the Classics style. Though I am a little concerned that Mattel will make them plop the standard He-man head on him rather than getting an all-new, more 200X style sculpt.

This sounds very exciting and very promising. If I had an Eamon wish list it would be She-Ra at the top of the list every day of the week. Maybe 200X She-Ra...

Are you going to SDCC?

I really hope so Eamon. I still have my 200X Snake Armor He-man which is the only one I kept from that line. I would love to see the Four Horsemen tackle him in the Classics style. Though I am a little concerned that Mattel will make them plop the standard He-man head on him rather than getting an all-new, more 200X style sculpt.

Hmm that's a tough call. On one hand I prefer Classics He-Man face (though the prototype looked better) but a new head would be cool also.

Back