Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he means of all the people to want to buy one of the prints, only the big fans would drop 420 quid on one, casual fans will not spend that amount

Not that you aren't a big fan unless you buy one

Exactly! It'd be kinda silly to belittle anyone's fandom because they didn't buy something, it's a very subjective concept.

Usually when one buys something to keep MIB, you kinda want the box itself in perfect conditions :lol

i guess gone were the days you just rip open the box and enjoy the toy itself & discard any boxes/Styrofoams & just play with the toy with joy.

now you have to worry about a small ding at the corner of the box, crumpled instruction manuals & even the cable ties.

boxes end up taking much more space than the toy itself and you start to worry about finding space to store them, oh and you can't put smaller boxes in bigger boxes because the styrofoam & plastic tray is too important to you.

seriously if you start getting squashed boxes, you will start to throw them away, life would be much easier for you, the time saved for finding extra space or buying a bigger house just to store them boxes probably saved you alot more than for example selling your figure, with a perfect conditioned box/packaing/manual/cable ties, and maybe the unique round circular shaped tapes?

My collection isn't nearly as big as Jason's yet, so I don't have to worry about space just yet :lol 1 detolf is still enough for me and I like the look of several boxes piled up in the corner of my room.

How I solve the "ripping apart the boxes to play with my toy" problem? Whenever I really like a figure, I try to buy 2 of them, one to keep MIB and the other one to rip it open and smell the new plastic :lol

Some collectors like to buy singles, some like to buy pairs, some like to keep in box, some like to play with their figures, and combinations of the previous, who are you to tell us how to live our lives?

Slap-Futurama.gif

Collectors! Riot!!!

9RiIDMG.gif

Figured id jump in real fast hahaha. My gf collects metal gear stuff and she just got notice her threea rex shipped. If you guys want ill post pics of her collection once rex comes in.

My collection isn't nearly as big as Jason's yet, so I don't have to worry about space just yet :lol 1 detolf is still enough for me and I like the look of several boxes piled up in the corner of my room.

How I solve the "ripping apart the boxes to play with my toy" problem? Whenever I really like a figure, I try to buy 2 of them, one to keep MIB and the other one to rip it open and smell the new plastic :lol

Some collectors like to buy singles, some like to buy pairs, some like to keep in box, some like to play with their figures, and combinations of the previous, who are you to tell us how to live our lives?

Slap-Futurama.gif

Collectors! Riot!!!

9RiIDMG.gif

Nope, but helps when you get a damaged box coz the seller wanted to save some boxes when you realize you can live without a perfect box. Everytime i make a purchase i will write a note about the packing in the payment and send another message to make sure he gets the message if i'm buying something i would like to have the box undamaged. i just threw away a box coz the seller wrapped it with a bubble envelope and overfilled the box, i don't feel anything lost.

I asked him if he was coming back to SSF, he said he was way too busy with work :(.

Darn it Solidus, did you have to ruin the gag so quickly? :lol

I wonder though, just how busy can you be to not check in your favorite forum? He was the one all who's all hyped out about stuff way back when but now he's the one being left behind. I dunno about you, but no man who collect dollies could stay away from the hobby for months, maybe he quit. :dunno

Not sure. I think people were giving him too much of a rough time, so he decided to take some time off. I'd like to know if he's still collecting too...

A buddy of mine made a custom a la Marvel Legends, and it was pretty damn cool.

I'm tempted to ask him to make one for me, but I already preordered 3 of the revol mini ones :lol

10606531_346875608800688_1927941552462767239_n.jpg

Maybe I'll just ask him for the head sculpt and make one myself.

He could have at least painted it the right colours, if he went through all the trouble of customising it. Why not just buy the mcfarlene

He could have at least painted it the right colours, if he went through all the trouble of customising it. Why not just buy the mcfarlene

He has the McFarlane, he just re-cast and modified the head and used it in a ML body.

Ummmn, those are the right colors, aren't they? :lol That's the grayish dark blue you see in twin snakes and the PAK figure.

He's missing some orange, but I think it came out pretty good.

Blue and pink/flesh are the correct colours like in MGS and the Shinkawa artwork.

The mcfarlene Gray Fox is the only collectable made with the correct colours.

Blue and pink/flesh are the correct colours like in MGS and the Shinkawa artwork.

The mcfarlene Gray Fox is the only collectable made with the correct colours.

Yeah but you get a slight variation in TTS.

I don't mind the color swap though, in fact I love the colors in the revol mini one.

I'm gonna make a ML custom of my own, will give him the MGS1 colors.

Back