Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need that case!

Yeah, tell me about it. My jaw dropped when I saw that Konami had it. They had some other cool stuff that they were sold out of on Thursday morning though. I missed out on the MGS HD Edition Original Headphones. =(

ac258330.jpg

Sorry to stray from topic but it is somewhat MGS1 related. Is anybody interested in a MK 23 Socom Airsoft pistol with the Surpressor? This is the exact thing I'm selling in the stock photo. PM me if interested.

I also have no heard from Square Enix at all about trying to get a replacement Ninja... I might call them today but their going to tell me to do what I already did 4 days ago and email them.

Yeah, tell me about it. My jaw dropped when I saw that Konami had it. They had some other cool stuff that they were sold out of on Thursday morning though. I missed out on the MGS HD Edition Original Headphones. =(

ac258330.jpg

Wow, need those headphones!

You could only get them in SDCC?

And apparently in Japanese ver. of the MGS HD collection :thud:

Sorry to stray from topic but it is somewhat MGS1 related. Is anybody interested in a MK 23 Socom Airsoft pistol with the Surpressor? This is the exact thing I'm selling in the stock photo. PM me if interested.

I also have no heard from Square Enix at all about trying to get a replacement Ninja... I might call them today but their going to tell me to do what I already did 4 days ago and email them.

Ive wanted one for ages, to bad its illegall to bring into Australia :gah: even if i had all the inside workings removed before hand it's still illegal :slap

Ive wanted one for ages, to bad its illegall to bring into Australia :gah: even if i had all the inside workings removed before hand it's still illegal :slap

That sucks. I'm just trying to get rid of some of my collection because I'm collecting different things now.

I want one of those Socoms bad too. I just never had the cash :(

I think ill need one of the Kotobukya Rex kits afterall. They are one step ahead of 3A, know why??

metal-gear-rex-fait-le-beau-au-wonder-festival-01.jpg

metal-gear-rex-fait-le-beau-au-wonder-festival-02.jpg

mini Liquid, Snake, Grey Fox and Squished Fox!
(The sculpt on Snake and Fox looks more accurate than Play Arts lololol)

I want one of those Socoms bad too. I just never had the cash :(

I think ill need one of the Kotobukya Rex kits afterall. They are one step ahead of 3A, know why??

metal-gear-rex-fait-le-beau-au-wonder-festival-01.jpg

metal-gear-rex-fait-le-beau-au-wonder-festival-02.jpg

mini Liquid, Snake, Grey Fox and Squished Fox!
(The sculpt on Snake and Fox looks more accurate than Play Arts lololol)

Holy ____balls, thats definitely competition with the 3A Rex. Definitely picking that thing up. :yess:

This will be a great alternative to the 3A version price wise and release time since 3A is slow as ____. Either way I'm getting both.

Rex by Koto is pretty impressive and a nice touch to include the tiny Solid, Liquid
and Fox. The paint and pattern on it is alittle strange but could be repainted.

Hope they dont stop here but continue with Ray as well.

First time I've heard or seen anything about this Koto Rex! Awesome!
Any idea of size and cost?
Thanks.

BTW: Here is my version of Lego Iroquis Pliskin from MGS2. Too bad lego isn't making any suitable olive green fatigues, but that was IMO the best option if you use official parts (though the combat vest isn't actually made by lego nor is the mp5).

irokeesi.jpg

Its supposedly 7 inches tall but price is yet to be announced. Im finding it hard to believe its only 7 inches though that would make the Liquid Snake and Fox absolutely tiny!
01-noscale.jpg

Original reveal (i think it comes unpainted):

Kotobukiya-Metal-Gear-Rex_1340711619.jpg

Unpainted sucks majorly. 7 inches? I was expecting maybe 10 inches at best...

At least I got the 3A REX in the pipeline for Aug/Sept.

7673763302_f81a35b4a7_o.jpg

1/100 scale = 20cm..That doesn't sound right. If it IS, the characters would be the size of Master Grade gundam pilot size - which is really tiny..

It sounds more like 1/72 scale to me, but they say it's 1/100..

Just under 8 inches... meh I wish it was bigger (that's what she said)

The Master Grade pilots are so minature... I guess we will have to paint them UGGHHHHH

I guess it would run me close to 40$ to buy the necessary paints.

Sorry to double post this thread, but has anyone got their hands on a Meryl Play Arts figure yet? Next month is tomorrow and that is the release date.

Hey guys, I'm new here, I've joined here as I'm seeking answers for 2 questions involving the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Play Arts KAI. I've asked various other figure websites and they gave me no answers. So I have come to you guys since you guys know your stuff.

Question #1: What is the difference between the original Snake (Battle Dress and Kazuhira Miller to the Premium Package versions?

Question #2: Last year, I brought this off an UK seller mainly for the Love Pack bonus which it was paired with, since I already own one I was planning to sell it off once it arrived. When it did arrive, I discovered it has the head of the Battle Dress ver. instead of it's original and the PSP game code was missing... I messaged the seller about these and he told me he brought it straight off Square-Enix Shop's stall at an convention. At first he was a little baffled as to why it had a different head, but he thought it was cool looking so he kept it and never opened it.

Is this a factory error or has Square-Enix Products re-released? I'm still baffled about it til this day.

Here's some pics of it for you to see. Note: This figure was never opened or tampered with. Box remained sealed since I got it.

petchy-mon1343354308.jpeg

petchy-mon1343354787.jpeg

petchy-mon1343354929.jpeg

My recent MGS Hauls

PLAYARTS SNAKE JUNGLE FATIGUE
DSC_0014.jpg

PLAYARTS SNAKE SNEAKING SUIT - ZERO VERSION (KOJIMA AUTO)
DSC_0017-1.jpg

PLAYARTS GRAY FOX - RED VERSION
DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

MEDICOM WONDERFEST ZOMBIE
DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

MEDICOM SOLID SNAKE
DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

MEDICOM OLD SNAKE - OLIVE DRAB VERSION
DSC_0036-1.jpg