Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think just very light stubble marks on the chin. I wonder how Figmas paint apps are with stubble??? Since most of their figs are Kawaii anime girls, thers no examples.

Heres a good look:

figurine-mgsv-venom-snake-union-creative-wonder-festival-summer-2014-01.jpg

The sculpt on this statue is epic, they must have 3d printed the games model. I dont understand why every high-end figure company doesn't do this now

It definitely is the best we have got true but i don't think it's nailed.

It is very good though for the scale too.

I actually think it's the most accurate face we've gotten of all MGS figures ever.

True dat, but other than the eyes it's got a very good likeness to him

I'm not really knocking the Figma Snake here. It's by far the best Snake sculpt we got but it looks like a mishmash of the game render and shinkawa artwork. Not that that's a bad thing either

Well, what bugs me about the PW PAK Big Boss figures is that he has brown eyes.

Nah unfortunately the PW PAK one is still more accurate to the source

While it looks very good it's still been stylized.

Oh yeah your absolutely right, but PeaceWalker snake is a perfect sculpt of the in-game model. I've always wanted a Snake based off of Shinkawas art.

Figmas sculpts are always anime-like which is much closer to Shinkawas art than the realistic look.

Oh yeah your absolutely right, but PeaceWalker snake is a perfect sculpt of the in-game model. I've always wanted a Snake based off of Shinkawas art.

Figmas sculpts are always anime-like which is much closer to Shinkawas art than the realistic look.

The paint app will make it even more anime-like, just have to accept it.
The statue does look good but I think the proportion is somewhat off (head to body)

image.jpg

After having tiny little heads on big bodies with PAK for so long, i'll take a slightly large head. Plus the new Big Boss has a big ol fat head.

Did anyone collect the McFarlane figures? I have an rl friend who wants to sell his McFarlane Ocelot

I had a complete set of McF stuff back in the day, but I sold off the ones I didn't like and just kept Snake and Ninja and stuff.

I'm psyched about that upcoming Figma...looks awesome. I was close to pulling the trigger on the mini revo but the size killed it for me. Seeing in hand pics I'm glad I didn't...not only does the face look really off, but I'm just not a fan of the over-stylized Revoltech "flared" sculpt on the legs.

My dream figure would be a Figma of Naked Snake from Snake Eater with the Skull camo....but other than the 1/6 Medicom, I've never seen any other toys of him. Were there any? I'm guessing he's not popular enough to ever get made huh...he didn't make the cut for PAK either....

I just discovered this thread and it's awesome....I'd really love to see some collection pics if you guys don't mind! If it's not too much trouble...show me your set-ups!! Especially if you've got most/all the PAKs....I bet those look awesome all together!!

I had a complete set of McF stuff back in the day, but I sold off the ones I didn't like and just kept Snake and Ninja and stuff.

I'm psyched about that upcoming Figma...looks awesome. I was close to pulling the trigger on the mini revo but the size killed it for me. Seeing in hand pics I'm glad I didn't...not only does the face look really off, but I'm just not a fan of the over-stylized Revoltech "flared" sculpt on the legs.

My dream figure would be a Figma of Naked Snake from Snake Eater with the Skull camo....but other than the 1/6 Medicom, I've never seen any other toys of him. Were there any? I'm guessing he's not popular enough to ever get made huh...he didn't make the cut for PAK either....

I just discovered this thread and it's awesome....I'd really love to see some collection pics if you guys don't mind! If it's not too much trouble...show me your set-ups!! Especially if you've got most/all the PAKs....I bet those look awesome all together!!

Welcome to the club man! :lol

Naked Snake will make the cut. It's only a matter of time (till the hype for MGSV is out) before we see him.
On the collections note, you show us yours and we show you ours :inlove (man, that sounds so wrong :lol). There hasn't been any set ups shown lately. You could shake things up by starting with yours!

& Welcome to the club!

He looks great except for the eyes.

The eyes actually look fine in hand, especially once you adjust them.

The stand that's taped to the back of the box is pretty useless. The pegs on the base don't fit his feet and there is nowhere to put the peg at the top of the stand.

Since he's so little I want like 10 of them to look mischievous around all the other figures. Hobby link japan still has them on sale for $22 + 10 shipping for EMS. I ordered it Friday afternoon and it got here today (Monday).

I really want more of these 4 inch figures. They're so cool, and I'd rather have more mini stuff since I'm running out of space.

Revoltech Snake should be here Friday.

Can somebody tell me the scale for that MGSV Big Boss statue?

Back