Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13886714745_a092711ebf_b.jpg

Looks like Big Boss is going to some ghetto party, hosted by Lady Gaga :rotfl

Looks like Big Boss is going to some ghetto party, hosted by Lady Gaga :rotfl

Didn't Big Boss had parts of Liquid and Solidus grafted to him? I forgot. Man, they must be pissed. :lol

Anyway, does anybody know how to tell a bootleg MGS2 Yamato apart? I tried MetalGearJD but nobody cares since I'm just a poor collector who isn't worthy to be in the club. :lol

they look right but olga ninja has 2 heads for open and closed mask

I knew I could count on your eagle eye Jason! Thanks so much buddy! :duff

As for the 2nd head, I think he has it, but regardless he's selling the whole set for $50. I think I'll get it unless anyone else thinks it's a bootleg.

I think they're fake. Pliskin, Olga and Solid Snake look very suspicious. I'll try to find the article that explained the differences.

I think they're fake. Pliskin, Olga and Solid Snake look very suspicious. I'll try to find the article that explained the differences.

Maybe it's the lighting, I don't know. Do you happen to own the set, Solidus? I tried MGJD but to no avail.

And thanks Solidus for your help. :duff

I knew I could count on your eagle eye Jason! Thanks so much buddy! :duff

As for the 2nd head, I think he has it, but regardless he's selling the whole set for $50. I think I'll get it unless anyone else thinks it's a bootleg.

Some do look like bootlegs man. Is this the lowyat listing? Wasn't the seller selling the set for $70-80? $50 is a steal! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's the lighting, I don't know. Do you happen to own the set, Solidus? I tried MGJD but to no avail.

And thanks Solidus for your help. :duff

Ugh... I think the article was from DieSnake.com, and ViolentSnake uploaded a bunch of photos detailing the differences between the bootlegs. I have the old site data saved on my one of my old hard-drives, but I won't be able to get it to you until tomorrow.

I know that Plisken isn't supposed to have a huge grin like that on his face. Also, Solid Snake's gun might be pointed in the wrong direction (I might be wrong on that, though).

But, nah, I never collected them :lol. They were always way too expensive. Man... I haven't been on MGSJD in a very long time.

Ugh... I think the article was from DieSnake.com, and ViolentSnake uploaded a bunch of photos detailing the differences between the bootlegs. I have the old site data saved on my one of my old hard-drives, but I won't be able to get it to you until tomorrow.

I know that Plisken isn't supposed to have a huge grin like that on his face. Also, Solid Snake's gun might be pointed in the wrong direction (I might be wrong on that, though).

But, nah, I never collected them :lol. They were always way too expensive. Man... I haven't been on MGSJD in a very long time.

I was just about to ask you about that DieSnake article, I know I've read it before. Too bad nobody archived it. Ughh.

Would you go for it at $70 if you're in doubt, Solidus?

P/s: I really don't wanna be at MGJD as much as you do but I had to log in last night just for this. :slap

For anyone who's interested in the MGS Legacy Collection, Play-Asia has it for $59.90. I know it's gotten really expensive, lately. This is probably the cheapest you'll find it for a new copy:

https://www.play-asia.com/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-paOS-13-49-en-70-6jbx.html

I was just about to ask you about that DieSnake article, I know I've read it before. Too bad nobody archived it. Ughh.

Would you go for it at $70 if you're in doubt, Solidus?

P/s: I really don't wanna be at MGJD as much as you do but I had to log in last night just for this. :slap

I'm very frugal with my spending, so if I'm in doubt, no! :lol

I really miss DieSnake. JD is trying to be the same thing, and I know several of the old DS members are there, but it just doesn't feel the same. Not to name names, but there are some really hardcore collectors that are too "in your face" and braggadocios for my liking. That Hideo_Kojima_Italia guy is the biggest one.

I see that the Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeros iDROID Style iPhone Case is up for pre-order at LINK

I think I may have to pick that up, just for a display piece :lol.

Don't think that they are going anywhere. Hasn't the listing been up for a while now?

I wasn't aware of that. Considering you no longer have any interests there, I'm surprised you are! :lol

I'm looking for a HT The Boss as well but nobody's selling one there.

I'm very frugal with my spending, so if I'm in doubt, no! :lol

I really miss DieSnake. JD is trying to be the same thing, and I know several of the old DS members are there, but it just doesn't feel the same. Not to name names, but there are some really hardcore collectors that are too "in your face" and braggadocios for my liking. That Hideo_Kojima_Italia guy is the biggest one.

Oh boy, I remember Hideo_Kojima_Italia, Thanks for the unpleasant memories man! It's like being in high school again. :lol

Not sure if I fancy the iPhone case. None of the tech in MGSV intrigues me as of Ground Zeroes.

I wasn't aware of that. Considering you no longer have any interests there, I'm surprised you are! :lol

I'm looking for a HT The Boss as well but nobody's selling one there.

Oh boy, I remember Hideo_Kojima_Italia, Thanks for the unpleasant memories man! It's like being in high school again. :lol

Not sure if I fancy the iPhone case. None of the tech in MGSV intrigues me as of Ground Zeroes.

Haha I checked the forum yesterday to see if anyone was selling the play arts kai GZ Metallic big boss. I wanted to know how much they go for in Malaysia. Like I told u, I am planning to import a few pieces to sell.

I will look around for the boss for u. What is your budget like for her? I will ask my friends in HK and japan.

Back