Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini.... but Revolechs are already tiny. What the hell? I fell like Konami is taking the piss out of us!

Why would they make the most wanted Snake out of scale with all the others. I guess its still possible for a normal scale Revoltech down the line..

Solid Snake truly gets the shaft. This is proof.

ZombieRepublican, yeah I've noticed Revoltechs tend to be smaller than most other figures, or at least with their counterparts across brands. I believe their Iron Man figures are smaller than the Figuarts Mark VI and Marvel Legends counterparts for instance. So you're right, makes no sense.

Do you guys honestly think Kojima is the one who decided to make this a mini figure? Its entirely on the Revoltech side that made that decision. They paid for licensing fees so as long as Konami's Licensing department (not Kojima) approves the design its a go. Kojima & his crew can make suggestions, but as long as it doesn't break any license agreement Kaiyodo can do whatever they want.
Nothing wrong with hating on something but blame the right people for crissakes.

Do you guys honestly think Kojima is the one who decided to make this a mini figure? Its entirely on the Revoltech side that made that decision. They paid for licensing fees so as long as Konami's Licensing department (not Kojima) approves the design its a go. Kojima & his crew can make suggestions, but as long as it doesn't break any license agreement Kaiyodo can do whatever they want.
Nothing wrong with hating on something but blame the right people for crissakes.

Well, it's not like we're just pulling this out of our asses. Kojima and Shinkawa have the final word of approval where figures are concerned, and that much is obvious since Kojima is the one who is always Tweeting pictures of the unfinished prototypes. Plus, when ThreeA came under fire for the inaccuracies of their REX figure, their defense was, "don't blame us, Kojima made us do it this way".

Well, it's not like we're just pulling this out of our asses. Kojima and Shinkawa have the final word of approval where figures are concerned, and that much is obvious since Kojima is the one who is always Tweeting pictures of the unfinished prototypes. Plus, when ThreeA came under fire for the inaccuracies of their REX figure, their defense was, "don't blame us, Kojima made us do it this way".

:exactly:

Koji/Yoji are also to blame for REX's delays.

Who's crissake? ;)

Was looking into it. Revoltech made a line of minis before called Revo miniatures which didn't do well and was discontinued. I find it strange that they'd revive it but the silver lining is that they only made mini figs of already existing Revos.

So again maybe they're announcing the new minis with Snake because of his (and kid-muscles) popularity.
So it's very likely there will be a full sized Revo Snake. *fingers crossed*

3ejmdKP.jpg

My fingers are crossed as well. I was not expecting that one bit, but then again I know nothing about Revoltech. I was debating on getting Big Boss, but I would have gotten him if Solid Snake was released. I have absolutely no interest in that mini scale no matter the price.

Damn. At least it's a sexy looking figure. I like the face sculpt, which ironically is better than the Kai and RevoBigBoss. Revos anime style lends its self to Shinkawas art
Hopefully If they make a bigger snake it'll have as good a head sculpt.

The poses look good, but that sculpt is just wrong. Probably can't expect a lot of details for that scale, though. But, at least it comes with a standard assortment of hands and accessories.

My fingers are crossed as well. I was not expecting that one bit, but then again I know nothing about Revoltech. I was debating on getting Big Boss, but I would have gotten him if Solid Snake was released. I have absolutely no interest in that mini scale no matter the price.

It's pretty annoying that this new figure wouldn't be in scale with anything in anyone's collection (not even other Revo figures). It's so freakin' tiny.

It does look good for it's size, but as already said, a pointless scale.

Why not at least make it the same as the others?!

As much as I hate the scale, I think I'll end up getting it anyway. I can always use it for a Christmas ornament if anything.

Best Christmas ornament ever! Being so tiny you could probably do a lot of funny things with it, like having him peak out, hanging from the inside of a coffee cup. I still don't want it at that scale though. For those that do like it more power to you! It looks pretty neat.

How tall is it?

I might buy one and have it by my computer, up against it with him peering round the corner

Best Christmas ornament ever! Being so tiny you could probably do a lot of funny things with it, like having him peak out, hanging from the inside of a coffee cup. I still don't want it at that scale though. For those that do like it more power to you! It looks pretty neat.

And if they release a mini Liquid figure, you can have Snake and him fight on top the Star of Bethlehem :lol. This thing is just weird.

Back