Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it all worked out well for you, Now begins the fun of placing them all on display without any of the thatching each other. Also out of interest can you post up a picture of the shelf below? I’m interested in seeing the height difference between the Medicom Snake and the Hot Toys Snake.
I want to have all my Snake in one display but am worried there will be a noticeable difference in heights

Yeah I'm glad. It will be a pain to display these Yamatos though, so I'll need some time to figure out what would be the most aesthetically pleasing formation. They are lovely though, I can't believe I've never gotten them sooner. :slap

As for the Medicom Snakes, you'll need to extend the shin of the MGS3 Snake for him to he as tall as the HT. There are some shin extenders built into the shins and I discovered that by accident. Old Snake looks comparable to the HT though. I think all of them are comparable in height with some tweaks.

Here are the pics.

13992061284_f510bbbbff_z.jpg

13988400342_06efd717ec_z.jpg

14011607963_32621e92af_z.jpg

13991624095_b189e8cc07_z.jpg

13988437711_1e1df834e4_z.jpg

Apologies for the horrible photography and placement of the figures, but I literally got this set in the mail just minutes ago. As a follow up to the discussion of the authenticity of these figures, in hand the paintwork is superb and the plastic seems of that of high quality. I'm relieved.

14011284183_fbd88e2dba_z.jpg

13988107881_1841f66dd7_z.jpg

13991720804_ccea812051_z.jpg

13991716194_7674759941_z.jpg

13988092791_fb7f030fcd_z.jpg

Great display, Ryan! Glad the Yamato figures worked out. I would have been too skeptical to take the risk :lol.

Yeah I'm glad. It will be a pain to display these Yamatos though, so I'll need some time to figure out what would be the most aesthetically pleasing formation. They are lovely though, I can't believe I've never gotten them sooner. :slap

As for the Medicom Snakes, you'll need to extend the shin of the MGS3 Snake for him to he as tall as the HT. There are some shin extenders built into the shins and I discovered that by accident. Old Snake looks comparable to the HT though. I think all of them are comparable in height with some tweaks.

Here are the pics.

Cool thanks for that, Will have to have a look at the shins and work out how to extend them so all the figures will be at the same height.
Heres a pic of my Yamato set-up (all be it very dusty!)

Im happy with them since I have have them split up into the diffeent sets and them into good and bad. I have the Gurlukovich side with Ray, then the good guys. Then kept Dead Cell together and agian the heroes on the other side. Also none of the figures touch each other which is cool.

Great display, Ryan! Glad the Yamato figures worked out. I would have been too skeptical to take the risk :lol.

Thanks Solidus! Personally, I wouldn't as well. My only consolation was that if they turned out being bootlegs it wouldn't be that hard to swallow at $70. :lol

Cool thanks for that, Will have to have a look at the shins and work out how to extend them so all the figures will be at the same height.
Heres a pic of my Yamato set-up (all be it very dusty!)

Im happy with them since I have have them split up into the diffeent sets and them into good and bad. I have the Gurlukovich side with Ray, then the good guys. Then kept Dead Cell together and agian the heroes on the other side. Also none of the figures touch each other which is cool.

Sweet display! But seriously, you need wipe those off with a damp cloth, like now! :lol That amount of dust can kill the paintapps.

Kojima talked about the revoltech Snake on his show.
Heres a couple interesting screen grabs.

If you look at the first image, firstly. Snakes eyes can move, which is pretty crazy when you consider the size.
But mainly if you look at the exemplar poses at the top, one is pulling the GreyFox pose. Personally Im taking that as a confirmation of a GreyFox Revolmini too.

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 14.40.36.jpg

Heres a comaprison shot for scale. Peace Walker BigBoss and Revolmini Snake
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 14.41.18.jpg

Kojima talked about the revoltech Snake on his show.
Heres a couple interesting screen grabs.

If you look at the first image, firstly. Snakes eyes can move, which is pretty crazy when you consider the size.
But mainly if you look at the exemplar poses at the top, one is pulling the GreyFox pose. Personally Im taking that as a confirmation of a GreyFox Revolmini too.

View attachment 105541

Heres a comaprison shot for scale. Peace Walker BigBoss and Revolmini Snake
View attachment 105540
Awesome news for as small as it is it's very nice.

I honestly can't see them skimming the price that much compared to standard size. It should cost about $30, but will probably be $40.

I would love for to them to release the entire cast from MGS1 yea they should be around the price of those sh figuarts DBZ figures.

I would love for to them to release the entire cast from MGS1 yea they should be around the price of those sh figuarts DBZ figures.

If they did all of FOX-HOUND along with Snake, I could easily accept the scale change. Although any company ever doing that again (McFarlane) is just a pipe dream, it's all about the newer games.

It's just a wasted opportunity once again

The head looks good as well, in comparison to ape escape Big Boss

Yeah, I think play arts has gone as far as it'll go with MGS1 now. But I'm surprised they never made a Phyco Mantis, or alternate Snake and Grey Fox, seeing as they're the most popular.

It says on the ad that its 2600 yen, which is about $26. So it's a great price, Ima buy 2.

Back