Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't aware of that. Considering you no longer have any interests there, I'm surprised you are! :lol

I'm looking for a HT The Boss as well but nobody's selling one there.

Oh boy, I remember Hideo_Kojima_Italia, Thanks for the unpleasant memories man! It's like being in high school again. :lol

The first time I went there, he started throwing a fit because ThreeA was releasing a retail version of REX. He also whined incessantly about how the retail version of REX should be uglier, or painted pink to differentiate it from the exclusive version (I kid you not). Our resident SSF member, ZombieRepublican was trying to educate him on how ThreeA operates, but he just didn't want to listen - and started complaining even more that he wanted signed certificates of authenticity. If I recall correctly, he even emailed and complained to ThreeA's customer service :lol.

The dude's a compulsive collector; in need of every MGS item ever released. Something's definitely wrong with him, and I'm just glad he's not on SSF (not that he'd survive here with his attitude).

I knew I could count on your eagle eye Jason! Thanks so much buddy! :duff

As for the 2nd head, I think he has it, but regardless he's selling the whole set for $50. I think I'll get it unless anyone else thinks it's a bootleg.

I think the pictures need better lighting; they look very glossy to me when the real ones have a dull matt finish to them. Also looks like Ninjas mask is yellowing same as Otacons jacket, they may have had lots of exposure to sun light?
But I would say they look real, the fakes ones have hideous paint jobs and its very easy to tell the fake ones, I would say your good and they are real

The first time I went there, he started throwing a fit because ThreeA was releasing a retail version of REX. He also whined incessantly about how the retail version of REX should be uglier, or painted pink to differentiate it from the exclusive version (I kid you not). Our resident SSF member, ZombieRepublican was trying to educate him on how ThreeA operates, but he just didn't want to listen - and started complaining even more that he wanted signed certificates of authenticity. If I recall correctly, he even emailed and complained to ThreeA's customer service :lol.

The dude's a compulsive collector; in need of every MGS item ever released. Something's definitely wrong with him, and I'm just glad he's not on SSF (not that he'd survive here with his attitude).

WTF man? That's f'ed up!

I could never understand these compulsive collectors. At the end of the day, our collection are just stuff, and life is short.

Collecting (to me) is all about appreciating and interpreting beauty. Once it strays from that, it becomes a compulsion and you start to become a slave to your own twisted sense of material worship. It's far more gratifying to make someone smile, engage in conversations than buying a new collectible and getting all worked up over it.

Just a thought. So any other opinions on the Yamatos? :lol

I think the pictures need better lighting; they look very glossy to me when the real ones have a dull matt finish to them. Also looks like Ninjas mask is yellowing same as Otacons jacket, they may have had lots of exposure to sun light?
But I would say they look real, the fakes ones have hideous paint jobs and its very easy to tell the fake ones, I would say your good and they are real

Hmm, maybe it's the flash? With that in mind, you think they're authentic?

To keep up with the score:
Probably real: 2. (Jason and Rampagesss)
Probably fake: 2. (Solidus and Mosya)

WTF man? That's f'ed up!

I could never understand these compulsive collectors. At the end of the day, our collection are just stuff, and life is short.

Collecting (to me) is all about appreciating and interpreting beauty. Once it strays from that, it becomes a compulsion and you start to become a slave to your own twisted sense of material worship. It's far more gratifying to make someone smile, engage in conversations than buying a new collectible and getting all worked up over it.

Just a thought. So any other opinions on the Yamatos? :lol

Hmm, maybe it's the flash? With that in mind, you think they're authentic?

To keep up with the score:
Probably real: 2. (Jason and Rampagesss)
Probably fake: 2. (Solidus and Mosya)

If you want to know 100% get a picture of the Ninjas open mask, The real ones are crystal clear and the fakes are all fogged up and you can’t see the face inside.
I can take some pictures of mine and post up if you need

If you want to know 100% get a picture of the Ninjas open mask, The real ones are crystal clear and the fakes are all fogged up and you can’t see the face inside.
I can take some pictures of mine and post up if you need

Okay, I'll ask him to take a pic of the open mask and I'll post it on your profile, if you don't mind, that is. Thanks for your input man!

Heres a fake Ocelot
$_35.JPG
Just look at the camo on his pants and it screams fake!

I love that all of you are giving your legit reasons on why you think it's fake/authentic. You guys are the best I could ask for. Thanks everyone! :duff

Here's the other fake set. The fake one almost always have weird color splotches and look like they're melting. They also have crap colors.

saws1fW.jpg

So today I tried my hand at mold casting for the first time. The mold itself was pretty good, but my first cast ended up with raiden missing his jaw due to an air bubble. I used some plastic solution we use at work, and it's some pretty viscous stuff. Other than the jaw, everything else was spot on as far as details go.

a64A9GX.jpg

Back