Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh without a doubt, I'll be surprised if they don't do most of the cast honestly

I just jumped the gun when I saw Mantis and the small thumbnail image :lol I thought it was going to be another one of those throw an old character in the mix of the new ones but looks like there focusing on V right now. I shouldn't have been fooled so easily!

As you can see though I'm ever the optimist

Yea I think there going to Milk Phantom Pain and make as many figures as possible, where they would be better making more MGS1 and MGS2 figure. It's what fans want and they would sell like crazy!

As long as it looks like the character Ocelot I can deal with PAKs offerings usually, I'm past hoping for game accurate hs and what not at this level. They look fine and display well together and that's the main thing for me being x amount of figures in

The chances of a screen-accurate Ocelot is pretty slim IMO, though the MGS2 McFarlane one was really good.

Right now I only care for the Revol Mini, I love the smaller scale, I think Snake was fantastic, if you tilt the head down he looks just like the codec art.

Cyborg NInja's up next, and then MGSV BB, what's up with that? I mean it's cool but I would've preferred Meryl or any other MGS1 character first.

10175381_234600636733551_1766190327_a.jpg
gpacf37h1f5i0.jpeg

yup, just like him

Another pak from mgsv? Whatr they releasing 5 at the same time? Snake, quiet, volgin, skullface, and mantis. Im excited for all these but wheres mgs2 snake for christ sake??? I cant believe they havent made him yet, were even getting a figma version. Maybe thats why theyre focusing on the mgsv ones right now. I bet kojima knows how desired the mgs1 version one is and is making us wait. Wishful thinking i suppose........

I've been trying to find this out (i don't have mine yet). I haven't seen any pics of him with his arms above his head. If they can't do that pose, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Yeah figured out that you can raise them above his head, well, to the level I wanted it at (just beyond horizontal).

Yea I think there going to Milk Phantom Pain and make as many figures as possible, where they would be better making more MGS1 and MGS2 figure. It's what fans want and they would sell like crazy!

So many retailers are going to get stuck with them because of the price point... and the only good figure is the BB one...

So many retailers are going to get stuck with them because of the price point... and the only good figure is the BB one...

Wait about 6 months after release and they'll all be marked down a lot probably. I guess none of these are still as bad as releasing Kaz as a figure. I might draw the line if they decide to release a figure of Code Talker.

Wait about 6 months after release and they'll all be marked down a lot probably. I guess none of these are still as bad as releasing Kaz as a figure. I might draw the line if they decide to release a figure of Code Talker.

The GZ BB is still going for $100 in a lot of places. I don't think BBTS sold more than 5 of them :lol

I'm waiting on that one until it drops, no way I'm spending that kinda of money on a basic PAK figure. I think Solidus's price was justified, since he's still the most intricate of that entire line.

@Frank Jaeger here are some pics I just took.

K3zrfNVl.jpg

VHJIN6ml.jpg

You can't tell me it doesn't look like Codec Snake, the glass cutting cheekbones, the mouth, the nouse, the ears, the shadows over the eyes, etc etc.

Sure it's not 1000% accurate, but considering it's a 3.75" figure with a face the size of half a peanut, and compared to the PAK Snake's "likeness", this little dude is Snake in the flesh :lol

I think the shape of the face is definitely there. Maybe it just needs a good repaint to fix the googly eyes.

I think the shape of the face is definitely there. Maybe it just needs a good repaint to fix the googly eyes.

Yeah, a bit of a darker wash around the eyes should do the trick, I've been wanting to do it, but I'm a noob when it comes to detailing and it's so small I'm afraid to **** it up.

I also want to make a pixelated face fore him.

BTW you can move the eyes :lol

Last edited:
Yeah, you'd probably need a professional magnifying glass with a stand to do that kind of repaint. Are you planning to make the pixelated head from scratch, or just use the head from a second figure?

Yeah, you'd probably need a professional magnifying glass with a stand to do that kind of repaint. Are you planning to make the pixelated head from scratch, or just use the head from a second figure?

Well I have 2 extra snakes but I don't want to touch them since I'd probably need to pop the eyes out to do it, I'll probably do it from scratch, it doesn't look difficult, it's a pretty basic shape and shouldn't need a lot of clay, the trick should be doing the pixels.

The GZ BB is still going for $100 in a lot of places. I don't think BBTS sold more than 5 of them :lol

I'm waiting on that one until it drops, no way I'm spending that kinda of money on a basic PAK figure. I think Solidus's price was justified, since he's still the most intricate of that entire line.
Yeah Solidus was justified, but still $120 was pushing it a bit imo. $100 was more fitting. Also the newer PAKs have less accessories, Arkham Origins Batman arguably being the best example when you compare him to the AA and AC ones.

@ GAspar, the paint is the biggest flaw of the face, otherwise I could see Snake :lol

i wonder what the heck theyre gonna offer for accessories for mantis!?!?!? is it going to be more props like the mcfarlane had? hopefully well get something substantial, the alien pak came with a mini dio because they had nothing to offer for them.

Back