Burton + Depp = Dark Shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the trailer was campy, but then again, so was the show in a 70's sort of way. I hope this movie does well, and I really want a Depp/Barnabas to go with my Captain Jack and Sweeney Todd :)

I didn't like the trailer, too campy for me,
I hope the movie is better, but, this seemed too silly, more silly than it should have been, i didnt get the bettlejuice vibe at all,

____ man...this could be Tim Burton's best.

But then again, Alice did look kinda good. And so did Charlie. And so did...ect.

So we'll see.

I do love the camp. Camp is good. A lost art.

well the movie itself looks really good, the costumes look really good, the actors are good actors, and the first half of the trailer looked really really good, like sleepy hollow kinda,

but then when the jokes start and the 70s music is when i kinda lost it, i hope it translates better but after the witch appears in the trailer as a blonde i kinda felt not great about the trailer,

Rendered practically speechless.........and not in a good way. At all.

Yuck.

Last edited:
They ruined this so bad I can't even believe it.. WOW!!!!! Been waiting a long while to see how this turned out. I wasn't hoping for a comedy.....:( This could have been great, no ticket sale to me.....

It's not in 3D. It's not a kids movie. It's classic style Tim Burton. It looks great. And Depp is badass.
So yeah. Opening night. In IMAX.

Still think it looks awesome, every time I watch the trailer (and heve watched it repeatedly ) I get a huge grin on my face. I hope no one really expected true gothic horror from Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.

Probably going to piss hardcore fans off to no end, but I really dug that trailer and laughed a lot. I haven't liked a Burton/Depp film in a while but this might be pretty damn good. It will be crushed by The Avengers though.

Back