Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Recommended for ages 18+
    Feedback
    Default Re: Hitler 12" figure coming soon..

K I T L E R
    Last edited by mindbook; 04-25-2008 at 09:43 AM.

2. Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Fanboy Collectibles  300x250
    You are correct Mindbook... kittens are pure evil as well

Recommended for ages 18+
    Feedback

Somebody P-L-E-A-S-E tell me that's Charlie Chaplin with Harry Potter......
    Last edited by mindbook; 04-25-2008 at 01:10 AM.

I think a lot of the debate about this figure stems from the fact that non collectors of onesixth still view them as toys, the inference being that toys are for kids, and in this case a Hitler figure would be totally inappropriate. Personally I would not waste my money on the figure, he may have served in World War 1 as an active soldier but all he did in WWII was parade around inciting and encouraging Hate and then committting suicide. the fact that there is a one sixth figure of him reminds me a little of the Movie American Beauty where the son finds the Nazi plate in his fathers den. It is shocking but not unexpected.

Well and that just goes back to the whole notion of adult collectible action figures. I think if you understand the collectible market (especially 1/6 military) then figures like this aren't a big issue.

But I do think that discussion about them is healthy and a good by product of challenging products.

Custom Padwan
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Dave View Post
    I'm not that familar with the Daily Mail, but this is obviously a joke - are they like the Onion?

I own this figure also - the character is a piece of history - I have an FDR and a Himmler too. Rommel and Patton as well.
    The Daily Mail are a conservative paper

and at a Guess Id say they are serious they are not reknowned for their jokes

Daily Star or Sport id have to agree but not the Mail

those arguing against Hitler not being made cause he isnt a "movie" figure well . . . he's been played in a few films by a few actors so that arguement doesnt wash

By this same token all Nazi army figures shouldnt be made ?

He was the head of the Nazi regime ? and most if not all of those have been made

and I dont think we'd be up in arms if they made a 12 inch Gengis Khan now would we ?

He murdered more than Hitler so did Joseph Stalin and I doubt theyd be up in arms over him either !

They were going to release Stalin and Churchill as well,but for whatever reason did nt.
    Shame i would ve loved a 1/6 Winston Spencer Churchill.The way things are going a lot of the next generation are going to grow thinking he s a loveable old dog that sells car insurance.
    Wonder if that dude was serious with his"Whats a Hitler" comment earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimodel View Post
    They were going to release Stalin and Churchill as well,but for whatever reason did nt.
    Shame i would ve loved a 1/6 Winston Spencer Churchill.The way things are going a lot of the next generation are going to grow thinking he s a loveable old dog that sells car insurance.
    Wonder if that dude was serious with his"Whats a Hitler" comment earlier?

No- the "whats a ..." hit multiple threads. I've seen it around 3 or 4 times. I think they're just having fun.
    By the way my wife and I home school our kids and my oldest (10) does not play cowboys and indians(seeing he is 1/4 cherokee) but he has killed a lot of nazis.

Born to lose/Live to win
    Feedback
    I think the drastic plastic Hitler is a million times better, in fact i have it.....

Holy Crap Denger that post-op Michael is creepy as hell! I think I'd be more bothered by him that Hitler

Where did you get that abomination?!?