Hitler 12" figure coming soon..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF0002.jpg

K I T L E R

Last edited:
strange-kids-toy.jpg

Somebody P-L-E-A-S-E tell me that's Charlie Chaplin with Harry Potter......

Last edited:
I think a lot of the debate about this figure stems from the fact that non collectors of onesixth still view them as toys, the inference being that toys are for kids, and in this case a Hitler figure would be totally inappropriate. Personally I would not waste my money on the figure, he may have served in World War 1 as an active soldier but all he did in WWII was parade around inciting and encouraging Hate and then committting suicide. the fact that there is a one sixth figure of him reminds me a little of the Movie American Beauty where the son finds the Nazi plate in his fathers den. It is shocking but not unexpected.

Well and that just goes back to the whole notion of adult collectible action figures. I think if you understand the collectible market (especially 1/6 military) then figures like this aren't a big issue.

But I do think that discussion about them is healthy and a good by product of challenging products.

I'm not that familar with the Daily Mail, but this is obviously a joke - are they like the Onion?

I own this figure also - the character is a piece of history - I have an FDR and a Himmler too. Rommel and Patton as well.

The Daily Mail are a conservative paper

and at a Guess Id say they are serious they are not reknowned for their jokes

Daily Star or Sport id have to agree but not the Mail

those arguing against Hitler not being made cause he isnt a "movie" figure well . . . he's been played in a few films by a few actors so that arguement doesnt wash

By this same token all Nazi army figures shouldnt be made ?

He was the head of the Nazi regime ? and most if not all of those have been made

and I dont think we'd be up in arms if they made a 12 inch Gengis Khan now would we ?

He murdered more than Hitler so did Joseph Stalin and I doubt theyd be up in arms over him either !

They were going to release Stalin and Churchill as well,but for whatever reason did nt.
Shame i would ve loved a 1/6 Winston Spencer Churchill.The way things are going a lot of the next generation are going to grow thinking he s a loveable old dog that sells car insurance.
Wonder if that dude was serious with his"Whats a Hitler" comment earlier?

They were going to release Stalin and Churchill as well,but for whatever reason did nt.
Shame i would ve loved a 1/6 Winston Spencer Churchill.The way things are going a lot of the next generation are going to grow thinking he s a loveable old dog that sells car insurance.
Wonder if that dude was serious with his"Whats a Hitler" comment earlier?

No- the "whats a ..." hit multiple threads. I've seen it around 3 or 4 times. I think they're just having fun.
By the way my wife and I home school our kids and my oldest (10) does not play cowboys and indians(seeing he is 1/4 cherokee) but he has killed a lot of nazis.

Holy Crap Denger that post-op Michael is creepy as hell! I think I'd be more bothered by him that Hitler :lol

Where did you get that abomination?!?

Zombies are pure evil. Why do we push Sideshow on and on to produce these figures? What is evil and what is good? Without one you can't have the other. There is no choice, only struggle.

Zombies aren't pure evil. They're just misunderstood.

You're not confused. You're conflicted. The thing is if someone likes a figure, for whatever reason, it's their perogative. You don't like it, don't have it, who are you to walk into someone else's place and project your views onto someone else.

I am a man on a mission....to rid the world of all evil 12" inch figures......not really.....ive came to the conclusion its just a figure i shouldnt judge people over it :duff

If I had a definitive Captain America, I would love to have the Hitler figure to reproduce some of those WWII comic cover scenes.

I have Drastic's version as well:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_022502.htm

Along with their FDR (who is outstanding):

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122702.htm

And even their Custer (who's damn good too):

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_011003a.htm

Neither Hitler or FDR were figures I would have bought (DP sent them to me to review), but once I had them, I could have easily seen myself picking up Churchill and Stalin to complete the set. The quality was quite good for 6 years ago.

DP stopped making their own figures and now are involved as designers and manufacturing reps on other toys. The owner recently worked with FOX on Cleatus, for example.

I don't think it's about them being 'toys', but rather that at a subconscious level we still think of them as 'idols'. We worshipped small idols of our Gods for so long, that it's still part of our assumption that this is the case with even these figures. Just look in popular culture - if you want to imply that a teenager is unstable, fill his room with action figures, models and statues of various monsters. He therefore must idolize them, and hench, is sick. Same thing with Hitler - if you have the figure, you must be idolizing him. Obviously that's not true, but it's so ingrained in our psyche that it's hard to get folks to stop assuming it.

Good point Michael, hadn't really thought about the idolatry angle. I have to say I was pretty bummed when DP stopped making figures... they really seemed poised to do some great work.

Although at this point it seems like DiD is filling the role of high-end historical figures.

Back