Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 655 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Cleaning House...
    Feedback
    Default Re: Blu-ray wins format war

Quote Originally Posted by rw23 View Post
    Here Kit, use this to patrol the forums making sure peolpe don't start new threads on a MESSGAE BOARD!!!

LOL best post in this thread maybe?

THE DEMON WHO MAKE TROPHIES OF MAN...
    SIG MADE BY ME

2. Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Entertainment Earth 250x250-NFL Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
    Quote Originally Posted by rw23 View Post
    Thanks!
    No problem. I wasn't trying to be a **** about and didn't attack the guy. I was just saying there is already a Blu-Ray vs HD DVD thread on the front page where pretty much all the updates have been posted so I didn't see the need for a new thread on the same topic. People "thread direct" around here all the time.

Wonderful news!!

What an awesome week this has been.

Gandalf 12"
    Obi in armor
    Indy 12"

and the death of HD DVD

Oh, and when the hell are we getting Transformers on BD?

Quote Originally Posted by King Darkness View Post
    Wonderful news!!

What an awesome week this has been.

Gandalf 12"
    Obi in armor
    Indy 12"

and the death of HD DVD
    How can anyone be happy about the death of competition?

Remember the holidays and all those BOGO deals on Amazon? Kiss that goodbye. BR now has no need to lower the prices on their players or discs. How this is a good thing is beyond me. Competition is always a good thing.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Loki View Post
    How can anyone be happy about the death of competition?

Remember the holidays and all those BOGO deals on Amazon? Kiss that goodbye. BR now has no need to lower the prices on their players or discs. How this is a good thing is beyond me. Competition is always a good thing.
    Well I for one am happy because now we can start getting all films on one format rather than having to go out and buy another player just to watch a movie in HD. Yes, it kills competition and sales (somewhat), but they'll still have to compete with DVD, and we'll still get sales from that.

Demi G0D Overseer
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by bagelsncheesey View Post
    Well I for one am happy because now we can start getting all films on one format rather than having to go out and buy another player just to watch a movie in HD. Yes, it kills competition and sales (somewhat), but they'll still have to compete with DVD, and we'll still get sales from that.
    I agree. I also think the prices of the players are about a year away from coming down in price a good bit.

Universal MODster
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    The competition will just move to the retailers now...

Thats why I am happy the war is over. Sure sales were cool, but owning 2 machines to watch movies was total ****.

I just want to go to the store and know every new movie is available to me.

And again, BD is not just gonna stop and sit back, they still have DVD to compete with, which a much more formidable opponent than HD DVD was.

I don't see regular DVD as competition for Blu-Ray. HD is a fairly "nitch" crowd. There are many that could care less if BR is the same price as DVD they still won't switch from DVD. There are also many, many households that don't have HD TV's, much less 1080p TV's which bring out the real beauty in Blu-Ray.

Also, there are many people ( who I think are nuts ) that say they don't see any real diff between BR and regular DVD. BR now stands alone for what, at the monet, is a nitch crowd. I think it will be several years, if ever, that BR becomes the "standard" and regular DVD is replaced.

Page 3 of 655 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast