The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can lie and say I wont buy it on principal, but...

I Must own the Precious!!!

I threw that all away a long time ago. :lol

I expect this would have some really amazing stuff we haven't seen. The bloopers they showed were pretty damn funny.

So there are additional LOTR scenes! :horror :thud:

There was a scene from AUJ where they are running from the goblins and Bofur is below the others and apparently Gloin reaches down and pulls him up. That scene did not appear in the theatrical OR extended edition and to make matters worse it was not only in all the trailers but right now you can watch that very scene on the freaking menu screen of the blu-ray. :duh :lol

t169.jpg

Last edited:
No maam,

First time in my life I prefer flat over curves. :lol

And people say 3D is a gimmick, this is worse.

Adds $1,000 to the price and there are zero benefits, actually, it makes a 65" screen look like its 60" or 55", so there are real world negatives to the design.

Only good if you want to read subtitles in a curved shape. :lol

Thankfully its not taking off.

No maam,

First time in my life I prefer flat over curves. :lol

And people say 3D is a gimmick, this is worse.

Adds $1,000 to the price and there are zero benefits, actually, it makes a 65" screen look like its 60" or 55", so there are real world negatives to the design.

Only good if you want to read subtitles in a curved shape. :lol

Thankfully its not taking off.

Why would it ?

It's full on gimmick !

There are no home 4K sources. No Blus, no satellite, no cable, no nada !

It's all smoke and mirrors with boosted contrast.

Such BS !

Curved designs only work in large theater environments and with proper stadium seating designed to match the offset of the curve.

Gotta hate how they prey on the ignorance of the uninformed consumer.

I was just teasing jye because his TV isn't that old. I would never get one either because of the seating. Someone sitting a bit off center from it wouldn't get a very good picture.

I've never seen a curved screen at the theater, but then, I don't even have IMAX close. :(

Back