Mumak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but that's the lame prop they have laying there when Merry found Pippin!
That was NOT as big as the CGi that came roaring into the battle and crushed all those damn Rohirrim and their horses!

HOI exactly!! When you just focus on the piece its really pretty big.

As far as the base being plain. What we now have to have full battle going on the bases as well. Of all the statues I have Shelob has the most extras on the base. Other than that if they have wrongs or something extra its pretty plain.

Yeah, but that's the lame prop they have laying there when Merry found Pippin! That was NOT as big as the CGi that came roaring into the battle and crushed all those damn Rohirrim and their horses!

Here are two more images to compare with the Sideshow one I have linked to. One is with some Orcs where you can compare a helm to the large toe of the Mumak. The other shows Eowyn I think close by the leg of a Mumak. Again, the helmet and big toe. All very similar. If they aren't exact, they are very close in scale.
Most likely camera perspective is what made it seem that they were 400 times larger.

www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/9334_image02.jpg

www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/html/episodes/images/rotk/rotk1631.htm

www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/html/episodes/images/rotk/rotk1661.htm

I don't know....I guess....But they cheated their collective asses off with those CGi Shots and the actual physical props!

Think of the Mumka rider! He was standing on it and he looked so small! Especially when Eomer stuck him with the spear and he feel and hung on the Mumaks ear! ....Also think of Legolas sliding off one of their trunks!
....Come on, they were supposed to be monsterously huge!

Back