Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Cruel! Cruel! :monkey2

(funny though)

Barbossa...:monkey2

Where, where...?

I really want a Barbossa figure. I'd say he's got to be my second favorite character in the trilogy, next to Jack. Especially if he had "interchangeable" skeleton parts.

I think Barbossa will be one of the next ones. I just hope they release Norrington. I want him soooo much. And while Jack is awesome, I hope we don't see another one of him for a long while. I want the other characters.

Barbossa and Norington would be a good "wave." Only question is, which Norington do they go with? I would also love a cursed Barbossa!

I would love an Elizabeth in the maroon gown from the first film, but not over Barbossa and Norrington. I'd rather have them first - the characters they haven't made yet.

Yes, the maroon gown Elizabeth would be perfect and I agree, we need a Barbossa, a Norrington, a Pintel and a Rigetti. Then again, I wanted a Wesley, a Fred, a Gunn and an Anya to complete my Whedon line but S/S didn't do them so I suppose it would be a bit too optimistically completist of me to expect HT to give me what I want in this line.:banghead:mad:

I want Barbossa & Teague and that'll be all for me. More than anything I want Cannibal Jack to get released as it seems like forever since I ordered it.

It might be asking too much but I think an entire cursed wave would be nice; cursed Barbossa, cursed Jack, etc.

Barbossa could have a cursed Jack the monkey accessory!:D

Here's my unfulfilled POTC wish list.

COTBP Jack Sparrow - (with corrected jacket) with a 4th and possible 5th headsculpt
COTBP Will Turner
COTBP Elizabeth Swann in Barbossa's Purple Dress, but only if beneath the dress is the white undergarment she had on from the marooning with jack through to the finale of the movie, otherwise I just want her in that garment
COTBP/AWE Captain Barbossa
DMC Will Turner
DMC Elizabeth Swann in Pirate Garbs and long hair sculpt like on Davy's island
DMC Bootstrap Bill Turner

The bold ones are the ones that I really want, the others, while desired could be lived without but being a Jack freak, I really want a COTBP Jack and Barbossa is clutch and that representation of Elizabeth will always be THE one for me, tough a done well Pirate figure of her could compensate if they did her like on the island, Keira was beautiful there.

This line seems to be quite popular so hopefully we will get as many figures as the Alien and Predators.

CotBP Jack is really the last Jack variant they can get away with without much work
CotBP Cursed Jack would be a great version to see.
Barbossa (did he even change between the films) is the most needed at this point
CotBP Cursed Barbossa would be a great variant, as well
Norington, character important wise, is a character that needs a figure.

Pintel and Regetti would be a fun pair, but not exactly needed to feel complete IMO. As long as we get a Barbossa at this point, I would be satisfied with the line ending. Anyone or thing, else is just icing.

I'd pass easily on Norrington, nothing about him says he'd be a good figure to me, don't care about the costumes he wore or anything. He adds a nice element to the films, but adds nothing to a collection to me. Same with Pintell and Rigetti, they're one of the cooler parts of the film, and I might be tempted to get figures but probably not. Will and Elizabeth have great costumes and looks that make for nice figures, Jack and Barbossa have the types of characters that shine and represent well in a figure format, as well as Davy Jones. I suppose if I really liked Norrington, I'd want a figure of him, but where my fandom lies heaviest with the 4 main characters of the trilogy, I have a hard time seeing cool figure possibilites in the other characters, particularly at $150 a piece. I'd probably be tempted to get the shark guy from Jone's crew if they made him, I like sharks.

Norrington is a must for me. If I could have only one outfit for him, it would be the DMC, drunken one.

Norrington is my favorite character in the films after Jack (in fact, he might even be my favorite because I didn't care as much for Jack in the sequels), so I want a figure of him. I'm not really into the look of the figure as much as I am *who* the figure is and how I feel about them in the films. I'm not a big Pintel and Ragetti fan, so I have no interest in either of them as figures. I would pass on Bootstrap, even though he would be cool looking.

Barbossa. Norrington (pirate version and Commodore version). Elizabeth in Barbossa's maroon dress. Calypso. Human Davy Jones. Give me those and I would be in potc heaven.

Come on folks we NEED a Capt Teague! That's my dream figure for this line, so I can pose father and son together.

Teague was only effective on screen for me, i never even got the NECA figure.

I'm far more selective in this line simply because of price. If every figure were even $90 I'd probably buy up more, but when you collect 3-4 1/6 properties and the range is $90-$150, you get more selective.

Pirates for me, after Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth , Barbossa and Jones becomes all about the visuals. Not really any "character" that I like outside of them enough to want figures of, but certainly some more visually interesting ones that would utilize the figure medium well. I have figures where I find the figure cooler than the screen character.

Teague never interested me as a character. I really never cared whether Richards was going to make a cameo or not. To be honest, I didn't like anything about the Brethren Court characters. Too silly.

These can get pricey, but I'm currently only collecting these and Tonner's Harry Potter figures, so besides those and my Supernatural figures, it isn't like I have a lot on my plate. There are no other lines I'm following, just a figure here and there I'll pick up (like a 1/6th Indy).

*sigh* any word on when Davey Jones will be coming out? Is already april. no pics, no news. nuthin!!

Back