Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely agree with the simpler idea. I always thought it would have been cool if he used x-ray vision/ super hearing and saw something wrong with pa-Kent's heart. But pa-Kent tells him he's fine and makes him promise not to tell ma-Kent. And a couple days later, have a heart attack and die.

Still gives him the conflict of not acting to save his father. Etc.

The death of Pa Kent while trying to help is a good concept because it shows that despite being doubtful and giving Clark messy advice at the beginning of the movie, Pa Kent ultimately showed him what the right thing to do was, despite his previous doubts after the school bus scene, Pa led by example.

The death of Pa Kent while trying to help is a good concept because it shows that despite being doubtful and giving Clark messy advice at the beginning of the movie, Pa Kent ultimately showed him what the right thing to do was, despite his previous doubts after the school bus scene, Pa led by example.
If you are referring to the question clark asks, "should have let them die," and Pa Kent says "yes" and Pa lets himself die instead of letting Clark save him, then I guess he does lead by example.

Reading through here I am surprised to see how many people dislike the movie. I very much enjoyed it, actually its the first time I found Superman entertaining. Could be why I liked it, I prefer a more flawed super hero and Superman previously always bored me.

I have no issues that Superman killed Zod. I mean he did it before and no one seemed to be at arms. Though I do agree that he never bothered to lure the bad guys and the fight away from the city to avoid killing thousands of people is really just bad and not at all what Superman's character would ever do.

I have no issues that Superman killed Zod. I mean he did it before and no one seemed to be at arms. Though I do agree that he never bothered to lure the bad guys and the fight away from the city to avoid killing thousands of people is really just bad and not at all what Superman's character would ever do.

That would have made zero sense in the context of what was going on. Zod was bent on killing humans, not playing lets go to outer space games. Also, before this movie Superman never had actually been in a fight, I'm guessing anyone who thinks Superman should have been making all these brilliant tactical decisions while fighting people at least as strong or stronger than himself have lived fairly sheltered lives. Hes not a veteran of battles who has learned to make on the fly decisions.

Other things I disagree with is the de-saturation claim, people say it like the movie was all grey, watch MoS and Iron Man side to side and tell me you see a big difference in color saturation, in fact, there's more color in the Smallville scene than in the Afghanistan scene in IM.

Well that's one scene in Iron Man (which is still more colorful. I did as you asked and watched them right after one another) vs. the entire movie of MOS. The entire film had this cast over desaturated grey tone which made the whole thing feel joyless and detached.

That would have made zero sense in the context of what was going on. Zod was bent on killing humans, not playing lets go to outer space games. Also, before this movie Superman never had actually been in a fight, I'm guessing anyone who thinks Superman should have been making all these brilliant tactical decisions while fighting people at least as strong or stronger than himself have lived fairly sheltered lives. Hes not a veteran of battles who has learned to make on the fly decisions.

Actually, at the end of the fight when they were going through buildings Zod wanted to kill Superman. "Either you die, or I do!" So superman could have diverted to fight somewhere else. But if he did then he would not have Lois Lane's shoulder to cry on after he breaks his neck.

Actually, at the end of the fight when they were going through buildings Zod wanted to kill Superman. "Either you die, or I do!" So superman could have diverted to fight somewhere else. But if he did then he would not have Lois Lane's shoulder to cry on after he breaks his neck.

As I said in the text you quoted, to someone whos never been in a fight, armchair QB'ing is cake. I have several friends who can tell move by move what someone on UFC fights should be doing at any given time, weird that none of them are on TV winning belts. :lol
Should be worth noting for those who comment, if you've actually seen the movie, the fight ends with Zod attempting to kill humans as well, regardless of what he said while they were fighting.

Yeah that's right, & it's akin to what I think Kara was saying earlier (which I agreed with) about Kal still being very green to the whole experience of coming to terms with who he is, let alone managing such a high stakes threat as was presented to him in the film.

In that sense, the film addresses those issues decently.

Yeah that's right, & it's akin to what I think Kara was saying earlier (which I agreed with) about Kal still being very green to the whole experience of coming to terms with who he is, let alone managing such a high stakes threat as was presented to him in the film.

In that sense, the film addresses those issues decently.

Exactly, if that had happened it would have totally been a huge WTF, as this dude thats basically at this point in way over his head, outwitted a dude thats been a military tactician for decades??

I realize this is a "superhero" movie, but does anyone actually believe this would ever happen? :lol

I do get that this isn't everyones cup of tea Superman, but I don't think the finale is as flawed as alot of people make it out to be, when you look at its placement in the movie as a whole.

When I was in first grade my first fight was with a bully bigger than me who wanted to embarrass me in front of some girls. So I took the fight away from them so they would not be able to see me get hurt. I guess I had more sense to move the fight than an adult who is trying to help mankind.

I didn't realize that bully could throw you through 5 buildings like if they were warm butter.

Well that's one scene in Iron Man (which is still more colorful. I did as you asked and watched them right after one another) vs. the entire movie of MOS. The entire film had this cast over desaturated grey tone which made the whole thing feel joyless and detached.

Not at all, I picked IM because it has almost the same saturation than MoS, and at times MoS has more color than IM, in fact, that scene with the terrorist has less color at all than the Smallville scene.

When I was in first grade my first fight was with a bully bigger than me who wanted to embarrass me in front of some girls. So I took the fight away from them so they would not be able to see me get hurt. I guess I had more sense to move the fight than an adult who is trying to help mankind.

How selfless of you. :lol

Back