Force FX Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm expecting my Darth Vader Force FX lightsaber to be shipped today. Which batteries should I get? And how many? It says nothing on the MR website about this, and I'm sure that I'll need to pick them up.

I think the new ones are 3 batteries, at least my ESB Vader is... and they are AA.

I just bought cheap-o ones, I think you aren't supposed to use rechargables with the FX for some reason. But I could be wrong about that.

Um ... :lol ... thanks, guys. :) Since I got it from DSC I'm gonna go with his suggestion.

Get some 3 AAs just in case as I think GB is right, just the Maul is AAA. That is the one I just changed recently so it was the one I was thinking of. The more I think about it the more I think they are 3 AAs.

The FX sabers also work better with premium batteries. There have been reports that Duracel batteries don't work well the the FX sabers. Master Replicas recommends using Energizer when you ask about the battery problem. Cheap batteries seem to cause fluttering in the blade.

That's interesting. Thanks for the tip. I was lucky that I had Energizers on-hand, I suppose. :lol

I'm hooked, by the way. I've been seduced by the dark side of FX. It's true. Take a look...

DarthTerry.jpg

I'm pre-ordering the Luke E4 edition, as well. :D

The FX sabers are fantastic, I myself have Luke ROTJ v.2, Darth Vader ESB, Darth Maul Double-Bladed, Obi-Wan ROTS and Anakin ROTS.

Wow, nice collection! I'm thinking of sticking with Obi-wan and Vader, as well as the Maul if I can find it for a good price. I may also get Yoda's as well. :D

Well, I got Anakin's and Vader's for like $65 each because they were on sale at MR at the time, plus I had coupons from my collector's club membership. I was hesitant to spand the money at first because I wasn't aware of how nice they were, but for half price who could pass it up. I got Anakin's and liked it so much I ordered the Vader right away. Obi-Wan and Maul were musts because of love for the characters, and Luke was a combination of liking his appearance in ROTJ and wanting a green fx saber and I much prefer his of the 3 green ones MR might have made.

I only have the old one... Anakin (Ep II). Back before they came with stands and needed a lot more batteries. :lol

Pretty cool though, wish I had gotten more....

Nice score man!! :rock

Yeah, I have the ESB Vader and ROTJ V2 Luke and they are both great... but it was a gateway into me buying the ANH LE Luke lightsaber, so be cautious :lol

So in the end who was right about the batteries?!?

kk.jpg

I'm using 3m plastic hooks, a metal ring and some of those clear plastic bands. I got it from a tutorial someone posted over at RS. Cost about $3 and is about as unobtrusive as you can get. I've posted it before so I'll see if I can find the link.

Back