"Aliens vs Predators:Requiem" trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I don't go to Predator or Alien movies for substance, either. So, the gore will be just fine for me. After all, aren't these movies about alien species that kill without pity?

I have nothing against gore, but I think it would be nice if there was a half-way decent story behind it. I'd like something was wasn't forgettable an hour after I saw it.

The first two Alien movies were so much more than just gore. There was story and atmosphere and characters you cared about. I couldn't tell you the single name of any character in the first AVP movie. I just didn't care. And it looks like this one will be the same way.

I'm not saying it's going to be bad, it just looks like it will be forgettable. I think the Alien and Predator franchises deserve more.

I have nothing against gore, but I think it would be nice if there was a half-way decent story behind it. I'd like something was wasn't forgettable an hour after I saw it.

The first two Alien movies were so much more than just gore. There was story and atmosphere and characters you cared about. I couldn't tell you the single name of any character in the first AVP movie. I just didn't care. And it looks like this one will be the same way.

It's called quality filmmaking. Something AVP could have been, but sadly it wasn't even close.

I'm not saying it's going to be bad, it just looks like it will be forgettable. I think the Alien and Predator franchises deserve more.

I don't think this movie will be forgettable at all, I think it will be so bad it will be impossible to forget. And yes, the Alien and Predator franchises deserve so much more than this cartoonish/halloween style drivel. :rolleyes:

I am glad everyone can tell from a short trailer just how bad this is going to be.

Also, for those saying the franchises deserves so much more.....well Predator deserved more than Predator 2. Alien and Aliens deserved more than the sequals they got.

Neither franchise has made a "good" movie since the 80's.

I am looking forward to this and hope it's a good action/popcorn flick.

We all hafta understand that we'll never get another quality Alien/Predator/Terminator/Ghostbusters movie again. Never. Predator 2 was good (Busey/Paxton/Glover Triple Threat), but cheesy, Alien 3 just okay, and T3 was respectable, but after those--the franchise machine goes to pot. Ripley bangs a xenomorph, Predators suddenly have Mayan and Incan roots, and "Who ya Gonna Call?" "He-Man, He-Man, He-Man."

I hated AVP when I saw it--in the theater, where I'll be when I see the sequel. I was pumped for this franchise when it was first annouced around 12 years ago (I remember an article in one of my Sega magazines). After all that time, many excellent graphic novels, and rewrite after rewrite, Anderson still managed to mangle up what coulda been a seriously great meeting between 2 sci-fi heavyweights. And now the $$$ his sh**fest earned has birthed AVP: The Horror Film. Even the trailer looked like Neve Campbell should have been running around scared. But I'll see it. I don't have to love it or even pretend it's canon. It just looks like just pure, gore-fest, X-mas fun. I just wish Busey was in it.

I am glad everyone can tell from a short trailer just how bad this is going to be.

My opinion has nothing to do with the 2 minute trailer. It's based on the fact Fox has hired two directors [the Strause Bros.] whose only directing credit is a coke commercial. A screen writer whose never written for a movie before, and a bunch of no name TV actors.

Also, for those saying the franchises deserves so much more.....well Predator deserved more than Predator 2. Alien and Aliens deserved more than the sequals they got.

I am looking forward to this and hope it's a good action/popcorn flick.

No doubt there will be plenty of action and special effects and if that's all you are looking for from this franchise it looks like you will get your wish.
I for one would have preferred it if Fox had taken some of the bushels of money they made on AVP and re-invested it into this sequel. Instead they hired the cheapest, bargain basement directors, writers, and actors they could find. Hardly the sign of a studio that values it's customers. :rolleyes:

My opinion has nothing to do with the 2 minute trailer. It's based on the fact Fox has hired two directors [the Strause Bros.] whose only directing credit is a coke commercial. A screen writer whose never written for a movie before, and a bunch of no name TV actors.

No doubt there will be plenty of action and special effects and if that's all you are looking for from this franchise it looks like you will get your wish.
I for one would have preferred it if Fox had taken some of the bushels of money they made on AVP and re-invested it into this sequel. Instead they hired the cheapest, bargain basement directors, writers, and actors they could find. Hardly the sign of a studio that values it's customers. :rolleyes:

Like I said, neither franchise has had a "good" or "quality' movie since the 80's. Preadtor 2 was very average and not even close to the original. Aliens was the ONLY good sequal in that franchise.

People act like these two franchises have some rich history of quality films that's somehow been tainted by the AVP films. I don't see it that way at all.

Like I said, neither franchise has had a "good" or "quality' movie since the 80's. Preadtor 2 was very average and not even close to the original. Aliens was the ONLY good sequal in that franchise.

People act like these two franchises have some rich history of quality films that's somehow been tainted by the AVP films. I don't see it that way at all.

I think the big difference is that at least with the Alien and Predator franchises Fox tried to give us half decent movies. Yes they fell short, but at least they brought in good casts and crews, and tried to make good quality films.

With the B-list cast and crew Fox used for AVP, and now for AVP 2...... can you say the same thing?

I think the big difference is that at least with the Alien and Predator franchises Fox tried to give us half decent movies. Yes they fell short, but at least they brought in good casts and crews, and tried to make good quality films.

With the B-list cast and crew Fox used for AVP, and now for AVP 2...... can you say the same thing?

No, but I also don't think Alien 3 or Resurrection were any better than AVP despite "trying" to make a quality film. You can tell if the studio is trying or not based on the budget most of the time.

Could they have brought in better cast and crew? Yes. Did I expect them to and make a 150-200 million dollar movie? No.

Also, at this point in these two franchises, what kind of new or indepth story do you think there is to tell? I am not being an ass in my tone when I ask that either. I am serious. What's left to tell? Maybe some back story on the Preds home world, but how do we get that since the Preds don't speak English and it's not like the people of Earth have visited and studied them.

What kind of story would you honestly write?

No, but I also don't think Alien 3 or Resurrection were any better than AVP despite "trying" to make a quality film. You can tell if the studio is trying or not based on the budget most of the time.

Could they have brought in better cast and crew? Yes. Did I expect them to and make a 150-200 million dollar movie? No.

Also, at this point in these two franchises, what kind of new or indepth story do you think there is to tell? I am not being an ass in my tone when I ask that either. I am serious. What's left to tell? Maybe some back story on the Preds home world, but how do we get that since the Preds don't speak English and it's not like the people of Earth have visited and studied them.

What kind of story would you honestly write?

I'm the wrong person to ask, since I have the imagination of a doormat. But I am sure there are some extremely talented writers and directors in Hollywood who could come up with a great story. The question is...will Fox ever put out the kind of money necessary to attract top notch writers and directors? I for one would love to see someone like James Cameron back at the helm, though I doubt Fox would ever pay out the money necessary to hire him.

The way I see this is the movie companies don't really give a crap about either licenses. And if they tried to make a serious film at this time it would probably so bad that I would leave angry and upset with the world.

With this at least they are going for fun and make a mindless romp in which a lot of youngsters and random hunters get splattered. No expectation of quality just low brow entertainment. Sure I lament for the days of Alien and Aliens... but I think the ship has sailed on these two.

Although maybe Aliens running amok on the Predator home-world would have been cool... but no chance of T&A in that, so Hollywood would probably say no.

Back