GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold off the vast bulk of my 25th anniversary figures a couple of years ago, but ran across pics of a couple of new figures recently, and had to get them. Probably the best incarnations yet of these two characters in this line. The proportions and overall aesthetic of both are big improvements. I like the color scheme better from the 2nd, carded Zartan. But this one really is much nicer. Unfortunately, crummy lighting with the cell phone doesn't do these justice.

20160212_220511.jpg

Those do look great, I've thought about picking up some of the modern joes but I think I'll stick with vintage for now.

They are only released at mass retail (TRU) via multi-packs and with vehicles now, apparently. Both of those came in 3 packs with other Joes. They were on sale at Toys R Us's website for $13 each, which is a steal for 3 Joes. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have bought them. The new Gung Ho done for the 50th Anniversary line is also really, really nice. But yeah, like you, my current Joe focus is about 95% vintage. And on that front, while I've got almost everything I want, there are a smattering of carded figures, and one loose figure that still eludes me.

Loose-wise, I need a helmeted, swivel-arm Cobra Commander in very good condition. I have one, in not so good condition. The EBay BIN's for him are over-priced, and I haven't found one on regular auction that I've really gone after yet. I may buy a bigger lot for the purpose of keeping him and selling off the rest.

In terms of carded figures, my main want is the Crimson Twins, with either the Triple Win card, or with no promotion (I don't want the Sgt. Slaughter mail-in version). Then, peach back Snake Eyes V2, Storm Shadow, and Firefly. Shipwreck, Barbecue, and Duke would also be nice. I also want a Takara Zartan, and would eventually like to get a Takara Flint.

I only have one of those, the mint helmeted cobra commander, but his the only one I have an its on display:monkey3

23467117583_5d328a7899_b.jpg

24330356329_063ac3f678_b.jpg

yojoe.com was my go-to. It was a haven for OG collectors. Hisstank is good if you are more into the new stuff, though a lot of folks there look for near eBay prices from my observation.

Sorry to bring back such an old thread but I have been jonesing for some Joe action. I sold off all my stuff a few years ago but I thinking of getting back in the game. Are there any good sales/trade sites?

I'd also recommend any comic/collectible conventions are a good place to find Joes...especially the Joecon if its convenient for you.

Unfortunately, it's a lull time for G.I. Joe right now. I also sold off all of my collection a few years ago but keep up with the news here and there. The real highlight ewas the 25th Anniversary stuff and the subsequent follow-up of products and support that Hasbro did for that. They even had a few solid figures through Rise of Cobra and Retaliation.

Back