Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 Reinhardt
Thanks, bro!
Here is some update: I've finally finished the dropship base. It's extremely simply done, just a little bit of dark blue-grayish soil on the black base.

And here is my current Aliens display (you can barely see the little eggs\hugger\burster diorama on the back, but it's there):

But it's still not complete! I'm going to order few little glass bases to level up some items in my shelves. For example, I'd like to level up the power loader with extra 12cm, so we could see more of it. Also I gave Bishop the motion-tracker. Looks nice to me.

I'm still dreaming about nice Newt even thou it will force me to build another Ripley. ><
And I really have no idea where to display upcoming Sideshow Queen on the Nest diorama. XD

Last edited:
Whipped up a couple modified Ithaca 37s.

The 21st century toys "police shotgun" set contains several versions of the Ithaca 37 (as most know). I hacked up, ground down, taped up and painted up a replacement that my Hicks has long needed (a long list of needs, but this one I at least checked off).

20150118_195743.jpg
20150118_195926.jpg
20150116_121902.jpg

and of course the real prop, for reference
M37A2 (Itheca 37).JPG

Hicks is much more ready for close encounters
20150118_195812.jpg

This is one of the oldest surviving threads that is still active. Amazing.

Anyway, I just read that HT renewed the rights to Aliens and someone suggested that it is highly likely that HT will revist the Marines with proper likenesses and updated outfit and gear. That would be awesome, although this thread and working on the old marines has been one of the happier things to happen here at Freaks for me.

... I just read that HT renewed the rights to Aliens and someone suggested that it is highly likely that HT will revisit the Marines with proper likenesses and updated outfit and gear. That would be awesome ...

Kiiiinda awesome, well of course awesome, but, DAMN! I don't wanna think about how much less $$$ I've spent on 2nd hand bits if I knew these little guys were gonna be re-released ... :)

I was just able to pick up the uniform, scanner, and flamethrower relatively cheap and I am going to bash a CM for my son. It will be a generic one and not a specific character. I was glad to find this thread as a reference and plan to read the entire thing. That said, if anyone has suggestions on gear that is usable for this project I'll take it. Was glad to see the 21C shotgun I found in my spare parts is referenced here on the last page.

Back