UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add a third opponent in the mix for Rousey now.. Gina Carano's gonna sign with the UFC too. Dana said they already negotiated everything and now it's just a formality to sign contracts. Kinda funny that ALL 3 of these potential opponents for Rousey (Grappler) are strikers.

When Gina fought Cyborg she had no answers to anything Cyborg was throwing. I remember talking to her during those times when she was doing American Gladiator and she said she walked at 165/170 for the show, but was comfortable at that weight. Its been so long that Im sure shes probably a solid welterweight now. From what Im hearing rumors is "Hollywood" might not allow Gina to come back to MMA. Saying it could do damage to her image as a Hollywood action star. As for Cyborg dropping weight classes, i'll believe it when I see it.

Carono to the UFC is a complete joke at this point. More fodder to push Rousey. It's an absolute gimme fight. And an insult to some of us MMA fans.

Yeah from what Dana said it looks like the Gina deal is almost a done deal. I guess the rumors were wrong and she really might be fighting. I did hear that one of the clauses is Gina gets an immediate title shot. I really like Gina and shes a super nice person but shes been gone for way to long and I see Ronda just destroying
her. The only thing I see helping Gina at this point is her size cause shes a big girl but at the same time that size is also what always gave her a hard time making
weight.
Im actually more excited to see Holly get in the cage now.

I would say Cormier is actually way above Jones in grappling, which would be a first for him. Will be the first time we see him on his back for extended time I think, but Gus is overall a tougher match imo. It will be hard for Cormier to get in close, so when he gets a takedown, he will have to hold him there for most of the fight in order for him to win.

Vitor/Weidman is happening in Dec now. Will be Weidmans toughest match up.

These guys really need to lower their training regimen....so many injuries. Wonder if they have any "match" insurance in case they get injured in training and can't fight and thus don't make money. Don't see how anyone would offer that insurance though.

Last edited:
I think JBJ is gonna smash DC. DC seems to have one path to winning the fight and JBJ has several, add to that DC has knee issues that were set to be operated on.

AJ looks to be the biggest threat to JBJ right now.....wow. All of a sudden, there are 3 legit guys capable of taking the title.

Still amazed that dude ever fought at WW because he was essentially the same size as he is now i.e. AJ was cutting 50+ lbs per WW fight. Insane.

No kidding, crazy that he dropped that much weight. Boxing quality punching by AJ tonight. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Wow seriously? That sounds like a great fight. Never thought Diaz would move up to MW. I guess Silva doesn't want to go out the way he did , but I think like Liddell and so many past older fighters, he doesn't have a great chin anymore, so who knows what could happen.

Back