UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean Gina has been out for about 5 years Cyborgs still fighting. We all seen what happened the first time they fought, Gina had nothing for Cyborg so
if they meet again I have a feeling that outcome will be more of the same. Not that I wouldn't watch Gina, but Id personally prefer her to stay out of it.
Most people watching now don't know who she is anyways. Now Cyborg Id like to see for sure, I still think her striking is good enough to change some
things regardless of her loss at Lion Fights a few months back.

Anyone watch the fights on Saturday...meh if you didn't, you didn't miss much.

Well Cyborg is now negotiating with Coker. So Gina & Cyborg may be next. :wink1:

Actually Cyborg is NOT negotiating with Coker because she's still under contract with Invicta:

Scott Coker said:
As far as Cyborg, we haven't talked to her because she is under contract and fighting with Invicta. But if she ever becomes available, then we will have a conversation with her.

And as far as Gina:

Scott Coker said:
We've had one conversation with Brent and Scott (her managers!?) and that was it. It was just one quick conversation and there was nothing really made of it. I think that Gina really wants to fight at 135. We don't have a 135 division and I can't say what (Carano) is going to do because she's got film commitments and she is very busy and has a good acting career. It's going to be up to her and her schedule.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/446730/Coker-confirms-discussions-with-Carano/

I might be wrong, but I think the problem might be that Carano wants a brand new contract to fight in the UFC and the UFC might be trying to keep her under her old SF contract (she's still under contract for 4 fights). But who knows!?

Bellator gave Eddie Alvarez an unconditional release today so he's a free agent and most likely headed to the UFC now. Kinda crazy considering he's still the Bellator LW champ until they convert Brooks' interim title to undisputed. :lol

Bellator gave Eddie Alvarez an unconditional release today so he's a free agent and most likely headed to the UFC now. Kinda crazy considering he's still the Bellator LW champ until they convert Brooks' interim title to undisputed. :lol

They just signed him to fight Cerrone on 178

The rumor behind this is Bellator gave up Alvarez for Gina.

GIF spoilers for the UFC Macao main/co-main event:

Bisping vs. Le
Spoiler Spoiler:

Woodley vs. Kim
Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought so too but after watching the replay over and over again it doesn't look like he started to actually regain his senses UNTIL it was stopped. Because he didn't block/attempt to block any of the incoming shots. So iunno..

I thought so too but after watching the replay over and over again it doesn't look like he started to actually regain his senses UNTIL it was stopped. Because he didn't block/attempt to block any of the incoming shots. So iunno..

Yeah I get that, but it just pisses me off when you see stoppages like that and then look at the Congo vs Berry fight that was epic and could have been stopped rightfully a handful of times. I just prefer to see them fight and when you have a guy out cold stop the fight.

Thought it was a bit early stoppage , but for the most part, seems like there is an emphasis on looking for certain things and just ending it. I think those days of refs letting things just play out a little longer are gone. One doesn't even need to put someone on their butt to get the fight stopped .

Yeah I get that, but it just pisses me off when you see stoppages like that and then look at the Congo vs Berry fight that was epic and could have been stopped rightfully a handful of times. I just prefer to see them fight and when you have a guy out cold stop the fight.

Good point/example. That fight had like 4 finishes. :lol

I think all this brain damage talk is kinda an issue these days with the UFC. Since they went all big time with the network, I'm pretty sure some things were said.

The refs and their styles have nothing to do with the companies they ref for/the networks affiliated with those orgs. It's an individual thing. Herb Dean for instance is willing to let a fighter work through some bad spots, especially if that fighter has a history of it i.e. the recent fight between AJ and lil Nog. It just depends.

The refs and their styles have nothing to do with the companies they ref for/the networks affiliated with those orgs. It's an individual thing. Herb Dean for instance is willing to let a fighter work through some bad spots, especially if that fighter has a history of it i.e. the recent fight between AJ and lil Nog. It just depends.

I know they have no affiliation with each other, but I still think the UFC kinda gives them a nudge. I only say this because I see the same refs in other organizations calling fights a lot different. I think it was an RFA event and one of the same refs (I think rosenthal) which we've seen in the UFC let one fight go a lot longer, giving the fighter more of a chance to get back into it. Bas has also said some things about lower organizations reffing and about how if it was UFC the fight probably would have been stopped quicker.
In the lower organizations, eyes aren't so much on them at the moment.

Regardless of whatever, Bendo most likely would have completely went out......but then again, I thought he would have tapped to Cerrone about 10 times back in wec.

If it were a sub attempt I would agree. And that goes to what I was saying about a fighters past (like you mentioned plus other examples) which is probably why Big John rushed in because I can't ever remember seeing Bendo absolutely rocked and floored like that. Ever.

Back