ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word about a Masterpiece Galvatron yet?

Nothing yet, but given that Ultra Magnus is on the way the speculation has increased.

It might also be a LOT bigger than originally expected as Ultra Magnus is so oversized in robot mode it's like they're starting a whole new scale for characters that debuted in the '86 movie.

The only current Masterpieces that Magnus will display well with are the first Prime and Megatron, neither of which I own so if Galvatron was a similar size it would at least give me a reason to keep my Ultra Magnus as I could display them together.

The only current Masterpieces that Magnus will display well with are the first Prime and Megatron, neither of which I own so if Galvatron was a similar size it would at least give me a reason to keep my Ultra Magnus as I could display them together.

Oh, I totally disagree with you there. I have no problem with Magnus being big - admittedly that may be because I had the G1 toy at one point, which was HUGE. I wouldn't want a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus figure that adheres to that ratio, mind you, but I think the one we're getting is a nice balance between the two sizes.

Also... regardless of how tall he stands on the "Holy Scale Chart", I think they shrunk him down too much for the Sunbow cartoon. It might have been easier for animation's sake, but I just don't like it.

I have a giant on PO at TFsource. Should have it by the end of the month or so.

I saw a guy selling one for 340 shipped with repro labels on it, but I passed.

Not really a fan of stickers and I love the clean cool light green plastic and the red tampo. I really don't like that big ugly purple sticker that covers the mixer.:monkey4
Passed on it to keep my PO. haha

I'd never buy a bayformer. The alt modes are fairly boring as car design these days is... fairly boring, and the bot mode just looks like scrap. No real defining characteristics of the alt mode... which is the point of a transformer in my mind. When you look at Sideswipe he looks like a walking Lambo. All the stuff in the movies just looks like some 12 year old's imagination with no real thought to engineering or design.

Starscreams alt mode is great... I wish somebody would design a decent bot mode for that plane.

Last edited:
I quite dig the purple stickers on Mixmaster but I may not do that on mine. The reprolabels stuff is cool as there's often options for different looks. I get liking it without the stickers. It certainly looks great without. I like how it looks both ways and am looking forward to the fun of attaching all the stickers.

I just hate putting them on. I prefer my collection to be out of the box and in a glass case with no changes haha

In the end.. stickers are just pieces of paper glued to your toy. Not a fan haha

Last edited:
Usually more like pieces of plastic glued to your toy (good quality like reprolabels stickers are vinyl or acrylic). Since I already have plastic glued to my toy that doesn't bother me so much. I also come from a model building background and am very much used to decals. As I said though it's very much a matter of taste. No right or wrong answer. Green Giant certainly looks good as is.

Yeah, I was just reading the thread at TFW. I wasn't really talking about "professional" reviews - just reports of people getting it in hand. Even the people generally happy with it aren't gushing for the most part. I haven't read it in a few days, though. Did you get yours in yet?

No,I am being held hostage at Captured prey..have no clue when mine is coming

Teemu owns daca toys.

Boy if I did,this thing would not be having QC issues....

Nothing yet, but given that Ultra Magnus is on the way the speculation has increased.

It might also be a LOT bigger than originally expected as Ultra Magnus is so oversized in robot mode it's like they're starting a whole new scale for characters that debuted in the '86 movie.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed as well. I guess I assumed these were in cartoon scale with one another, but this kind of throws that out the window. :(

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed as well. I guess I assumed these were in cartoon scale with one another, but this kind of throws that out the window. :(

Fortunately for me I don't have a whole lot of attachment to the character as I never owned the G1 toy and I think I only pre-ordered on impulse as I was like "New Masterpiece = YAY!" :lol

Even so it's disappointing that the overall design of Ultra Magnus appears to be a bit of a step backwards.

DPrime,
No worries, even the greatest minds can't think alike all the time :lol

No,I am being held hostage at Captured prey..have no clue when mine is coming

Boy if I did,this thing would not be having QC issues....

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts. I know you've been a fan of this from the get-go, but I have to say - and I'm not trying to be the "told ya so!" guy here - I'm pretty glad I didn't preorder. I was very close to doing so, but a number of things seemed like red flags to me.

1. Arafat's consistent efforts to keep this as cheap as possible, as well as his claimes - genuine or not - that he was "doing this for the fans" and was going to make little or no money on this was lauded by most, but I had a sinking feeling that it might result in a sub-par product. I'm not accusing him of having bad intentions or anything of the sort; I just had to wonder if by doing so, there might be unforeseen consequences that he might not be able to deal with due to lack of funds, such as errors or poor quality efforts at factory, cutting corners, etc.

2. There were at least a couple instances where he claimed this was going to be "the best figure ever" or some such nonsense (I don't have the source/post offhand - not going to go digging for it but that's the impression I got anyway). I don't know whether he's just overly enthusiastic or a BSer; either way, it seemed like a pretty outlandish claim to say the least.

3. Some of his posts on TFW just seemed unprofessional and turned me off from him and the entire project. And the fact that people are now getting this in hand and he's nowhere to be found on TFW to address QC issues has just further cemented this in my mind. Arafat - I know you're a member here and might be reading this, so please know that I'm not trying to defame you or even say you're a bad guy, but this is just the overall impression that I got. That's all.

This is all aside from design issues, like the lack of landing gear and partsforming, etc.

Fortunately for me I don't have a whole lot of attachment to the character as I never owned the G1 toy and I think I only pre-ordered on impulse as I was like "New Masterpiece = YAY!" :lol

Even so it's disappointing that the overall design of Ultra Magnus appears to be a bit of a step backwards.

DPrime,
No worries, even the greatest minds can't think alike all the time :lol

:)

Well who knows. Once we get this stuff in hand (at least when it comes to Takara MPs) we're often a lot happier with the finished product.

In the end he's just another artist with Bipolar disorder that went south as soon as the fan community wouldn't ride on his euphoric high.

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts.

At this point,I want to see an official MP Skyfire or hopefully Fantoys can do this character justice.I think the figure looks great in Robot mode,but I almost don't even want to transform it. (Still don't have it yet)

In the end he's just another artist with Bipolar disorder that went south as soon as the fan community wouldn't ride on his euphoric high.

lol maybe...

At this point,I want to see an official MP Skyfire or hopefully Fantoys can do this character justice.I think the figure looks great in Robot mode,but I almost don't even want to transform it. (Still don't have it yet)

Yeah, I think the chances for an official one is slim, but FansToys is certainly in a good position right now. No doubt they will learn from Arafat's mistakes and improve their own design in all respects where Kronos was lacking. Plus, even with some QC issues surrounding Scoria (which will hopefully not be an issue with future Dibots, assuming it's due to the factory, not their own design), their customer service is pretty good.

no suprise there. mp-01 got SEVERAL reissues. Also, i disagree that ultra magnus is out of scale. He is big. he was big on the show, he was big in the old comics, he is big in the new comics.
might be a little too big, but it works.

Jeez, April 2015? I wish they'd just sell an MP-10 without the trailer but good for those that still need one. I'm gonna call it quits with Eva-10 as I'll be happy with three.

i've got the toys r us version, and the black convoy. i'll but a white one,m and a SG version if they make those. MIGHt grab a KO to give to my little one.

I would've been down for a SG Optimus but I think the Eva-Optimus will be the only purple version I'll need. At the end of the day, I think the MP-10 mold is just one of the best ever that they can release it in any color and it'll look amazing.

Put me down for an MP-10 "sleep" version too, while we're at it:lol

Back