ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if Motormaster is meant to be MP scaled he should be more about the size of Ultra Magnus is possibly even bigger since he's an entire truck and trailer transformed into a bot not just the cab.

Unicron Head :)

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FEW10100&mode=retail
FEW10100.jpg

FEW10100.jpg

FEW10100.jpg

FEW10100.jpg

I had decided I really needed a third party Reflector. There's two options, Perfect Effect's and TFC's. They both cost about the same. Perfect Effect's camera mode is pretty dodgy. All of the bots are also more or less exactly the same. And they're very small. Each of the bots is only about 2 1/2" tall. The TFC set has a great looking camera mode, the bots are all fairly individual in molding, and they're much larger about the same size as a Hasbro Deluxe figure.

So the set in hand is pretty great. Camera looks fantastic, I like the look of all the bots, and there's some cool use of transparent parts. Before I get to the bad, I do like the set, especially given the bots were only about $33 each. Normally TFC bots of this size, like the Hercules, Ares, or Uranos induvidual bots, are in the $100+ each range. Now maybe it's because these guys were cheaper but based on pics all TFC stuff seems to be like this…

…the molding and plastic quality on these are terrible. There's lots of rough surfaces, rough edges, flashing, etc. There's also a fair bit of inconsistency in the molding with a panel line on one arm being a different width and depth than the same line on the other arm. The pain, what little there is, is rather poorly applied as well. It's a bit sloppy and under and over applied with it being too thick in some places and too thin in others. The tolerances are poor enough that all of the bots have at least one hand that cannot hold at least one of the guns. It's why the bot holding the purple guns is holding both in one hand.

Still pretty cool set, especially for the price, and it has a great Reprostickers set. Although the sticker set doesn't apply terribly well due to the poor surface quality of the plastic.

IMG_3800 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_3809 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
IMG_3805 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
IMG_3807 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oMPCGy]
IMG_3810 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
IMG_3812 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

They will. I have zero doubts they'll make it right for you. They take a bit to answer sometimes, much like SSC.

Onto another topic:

Not really that big of a fan of third party stuff anymore, but this guy is shaping up to be a nice Motormaster, scaled to MP10.

c04a5602b5fe33d28e5120369bb92e2e.jpg

Color me interested.

Now that's Fugly. Yeesh

I had decided I really needed a third party Reflector. There's two options, Perfect Effect's and TFC's. They both cost about the same. Perfect Effect's camera mode is pretty dodgy. All of the bots are also more or less exactly the same. And they're very small. Each of the bots is only about 2 1/2" tall. The TFC set has a great looking camera mode, the bots are all fairly individual in molding, and they're much larger about the same size as a Hasbro Deluxe figure.

So the set in hand is pretty great. Camera looks fantastic, I like the look of all the bots, and there's some cool use of transparent parts. Before I get to the bad, I do like the set, especially given the bots were only about $33 each. Normally TFC bots of this size, like the Hercules, Ares, or Uranos induvidual bots, are in the $100+ each range. Now maybe it's because these guys were cheaper but based on pics all TFC stuff seems to be like this…

…the molding and plastic quality on these are terrible. There's lots of rough surfaces, rough edges, flashing, etc. There's also a fair bit of inconsistency in the molding with a panel line on one arm being a different width and depth than the same line on the other arm. The pain, what little there is, is rather poorly applied as well. It's a bit sloppy and under and over applied with it being too thick in some places and too thin in others. The tolerances are poor enough that all of the bots have at least one hand that cannot hold at least one of the guns. It's why the bot holding the purple guns is holding both in one hand.

Still pretty cool set, especially for the price, and it has a great Reprostickers set. Although the sticker set doesn't apply terribly well due to the poor surface quality of the plastic.

IMG_3800 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_3809 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
IMG_3805 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
IMG_3807 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oMPCGy]
IMG_3810 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
IMG_3812 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Can't say I would use that DSLR bloody line right in the middle of the lens WTF!?!? LOL :)

My review might have come off a bit negative but it is quite a cool set and if you get it for the $100 BBTS is selling it for right now a pretty good deal. They're at least as nice as Takara's versions of Hasbro stuff, probably nicer, and they end up costing about the same price. Do I have nicer stuff? Sure but it also cost more.

They will. I have zero doubts they'll make it right for you. They take a bit to answer sometimes, much like SSC.

Onto another topic:

Not really that big of a fan of third party stuff anymore, but this guy is shaping up to be a nice Motormaster, scaled to MP10.

c04a5602b5fe33d28e5120369bb92e2e.jpg

Color me interested.

Yeah, not scaled with MP at all. Who's making this one?

Perhaps the appeal of this Motormaster is meant to be a closer adherence to his G1 design than FansProject's?

r_motormaster050.jpg

I had never heard of these Transformers 30th anniversary 3D puzzle figures before until I stumbled across them in a bargain bin at Toys'R'Us here at a local store in Adelaide.

And once I saw that there were G1 figures in addition to TF Prime and movie versions, I sat there and rummaged through the bin for about 20 minutes finding all the G1 characters that I could.

There appears to be very little information on these on the web, which surprised me, but it looks like the only one I'm missing so far is Ultra Magnus. So now the hunt begins!!

Back