ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a happy mistake. Was backlighting it to show off the transparency and just happened to have the light just right for that.

That was a happy mistake. Was backlighting it to show off the transparency and just happened to have the light just right for that.

No what you were meant to say was "Thanks, I tried for hours to capture that, it was only my amazing photography skills & patience that managed to capture such an intricate detail"

:rotfl:rotfl

Well it was knowing a bit about photography that allowed me to photograph it like that. You only get really spiky highlights like that at the higher ƒ-stops.

No what you were meant to say was "Thanks, I tried for hours to capture that, it was only my amazing photography skills & patience that managed to capture such an intricate detail"

:rotfl:rotfl

That's what I usually do :lol

On the subject of pics I must get round to doing some more.

Anybody else pick up the re-issue of mp08x at BBTS or TFsource?

Looks like they both still have stock.

Got Kronos....while I am looking forward to see what Fans Toys puts out,This rendition of Skyfire is fantastic...In Robot mode this thing is a beast and beautiful to look at.He fits right in with the other Masterpieces.I know some folks are not fans of the character,but this is G1 Skyfire....My figure seems good.Joints are not bad,but I haven't transformed it and not sure that I will considering all the wackiness of his transformation and possible Qc issues (which mine seems to be free of)

100_6743.JPG100_6742.JPG

Got Kronos....while I am looking forward to see what Fans Toys puts out,This rendition of Skyfire is fantastic...In Robot mode this thing is a beast and beautiful to look at.He fits right in with the other Masterpieces.I know some folks are not fans of the character,but this is G1 Skyfire....My figure seems good.Joints are not bad,but I haven't transformed it and not sure that I will considering all the wackiness of his transformation and possible Qc issues (which mine seems to be free of)

View attachment 127558View attachment 127559

Been on the fence about buying that Kronos figure due to the QC complaints, but man does that thing look like it walked off the cartoon or what. I've always wanted a cartoon accurate Skyfire since I was a kid.

^Nice looking shelf! Kronos a big, clean looking bot!

So random question... I have like $285 in credit at tfsource/toysource and nothing I really want to use it on. I don't think I can transfer it, but if anyone is thinking of ordering anything from there soon, maybe you could help me out and "buy" the credit off me?

Only thing I want that toysource has is the soul of chogokin gx-65... and even that, not too eager to get it. Anyways, just throwing it out there.

Looking at Magnus and star...why did they switch lead designers for the MP series. The guy that did MP10 and onward (not counting the jets) had an aesthetic that really fit with one another.

Nice display there, Teemu. Honestly the only thing that sticks out is that G2 Sideswipe! I stopped following Superion after I got disappointed by Hercules, but he looks pretty sweet there.

Looking at Magnus and star...why did they switch lead designers for the MP series. The guy that did MP10 and onward (not counting the jets) had an aesthetic that really fit with one another.

He got moved to work on the crappy movie line. So sad. From designing nostalgic G1 robots to ugly alien insects covered in robot parts.

Anybody else pick up the re-issue of mp08x at BBTS or TFsource?

Looks like they both still have stock.

Ive got MP08X but hes in my pile of loot but still waiting on a few things before I ship. The wait is killing me!

View attachment 127558View attachment 127559

Nice setup there!

Star Saber would have looked the same no matter who designed it because that's how it looked in the cartoon.

It doesn't fit with early G1 because it's not really meant to.

Star Saber would have looked the same no matter who designed it because that's how it looked in the cartoon.

It doesn't fit with early G1 because it's not really meant to.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. It's just that the other ones (especially prime) got little details so as to not make them look..."cheap". Not saying star looks cheap, he just looks bland IMO. Anyhow, I'll be skipping out on him anyway...I don't know much about him as my classic TF days ended with season 3 (never followed HM)

I disagree. If Star Saber and Ultra Magnus took inspiration from the cartoon for overall proportions and inspiration from the toys and toy concept art for detail, like the previous MP figures have done, then they would both fit in much better. As I said before, if Star Saber looked more like this G1 box art he'd fit in great.

StarSaber.jpg

Yeah I guess that makes sense. It's just that the other ones (especially prime) got little details so as to not make them look..."cheap". Not saying star looks cheap, he just looks bland IMO. Anyhow, I'll be skipping out on him anyway...I don't know much about him as my classic TF days ended with season 3 (never followed HM)

I think the color scheme makes Star Saber look like a Power Ranger robot or something like that.

I have no idea on his cartoon appearances beyond the odd screen shot I've seen since the Masterpiece was announced.....the UK didn't even get series 3 & 4, let alone anything else.

I know everybody has their own preferences but I, for one, am glad it's turning out the way it is. I think it's as perfect as you can get. But then again, I don't plan on him being next to my G1 MP's so I couldn't care less how much his aesthetics don't match the rest.

Back