ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until we get Devestator:wink1:

tumblr_m0iviuliqQ1r4ftcro1_250.gif

Dammit. I really don't care for the '86ers, but that figure looks so damn good that it's tempting me. He's gonna tower over every other contemporary MP figure.

Looking at the pic of him & Prime in that magazine scan it looks like he'll tower over Grimlock as well & I'm not sure that's correct is it??
Can't recall much screen time of them both together as an idea.

Neil

I'm curious if it will be similar to G1 where the cab merges with the trailer, or if the trailer separates into some pieces as add ons. Not bad. It is peaking my interest.

I think they mentioned that the trailer is a full on armor, much like the G1 design. Hence the size difference between him and Optimus. But yeah, it'd be nice to know if they are in fact pieces that separate.

Very intrigued as to how TT Is (if) going to achieve a decent articulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at his pictures, the Shin armor is the back part of the trailer where theramp is, split in 1/2 so there is one for each leg. The Trailer breaks down and becomes armor for him. What i'm NOT certian of is are his arms part of the trailer, or armor FROM the trailer on his regular arms. I'm hoping that he can still be broken down and displayed as simply a white MP-10 as well should we so choose to do that.

True, but he should fit in nicely with the original MP Prime an Megs.

Not really. Unless you give no craps about proper intended scale, and just want the biggest possible transformers on your shelf. whihc, if so, there are other options out there for prime and megs. Personaly, I'm LOVING this. scale looks pretty sweet too. Magnus should be larger than Prime and megatron.

Looking at the pic of him & Prime in that magazine scan it looks like he'll tower over Grimlock as well & I'm not sure that's correct is it??

Neil

not sure, but grimlock was made before takara started to care about scale in the MP line, just like hotrod.

I have no interest in getting Magnus, but it does look good from those pics. I always hated him in the cartoon as a kid and never had the original toy of him as a result. If they do a Diaclone Magnus somewhere along the line then I'll be up for that though, always preferred that colourscheme for some reason.

*I'm sorry you have reached the Voice Mail for Soundwave, I can't come to the Forum right now I am a big puddle of geek goo having just seen the prototype pictures of Ultra Magnus, I will return your message just as soon as I have pulled myself together*

:horror:thud::thud::thud::yess:

:rotfl

I won't rule out getting Magnus at this point as it looks nice, but I've just not got the same level of intrest in the character as the Autobot cars and some of the others.

Never really cared much for Magnus, so it'll be a pass for me. But I'm happy for those who love the character as it looks like he's getting a great representation.

Now, enough Autobots, give me a Megatron 2.0!

HOLY ****! It's not a Prime with armor, it's a 100% new figure! :panic:

Loose translation:

"MP22 is Ultra Magnus! The G1 toy was famous for being a Convoy with armor, but this Masterpiece will follow the cartoon concept. There's no smaller robot mode, cab and trailer turns into the robot. Same size and shares parts like tires and front grill with MP10."

Also says something about not having to detach the shoulder missiles to transform, but I'm not sure. Out in late December, price is 19440 yen.

The weird face thing is the "G1 toy respect mode" - it's supposed to be a Convoy's face inside Magnus helmet.

Neil
Grimlock is undersized vis-a-vis the more recent Autobots. I think he's around Prime's height, so yeah, Magnus will be bigger.

Now, enough Autobots, give me a Megatron 2.0!
Though I would prefer Hound and Jazz to anything else, Megs is right next on my list. C'mon Takara, give us more!

Magnus looks like he will not disappoint. Too bad those pics just make e hunger for more.

Oooh interesting news that it's all one piece, that transformation will be mental.

I have also started teaching my daughter early...she needs to understand daddy's obsession ;)

(Please excuse the wife's leg, it doesn't need to be there lol)

Neil

Oooh interesting news that it's all one piece, that transformation will be mental.

I have also started teaching my daughter early...she needs to understand daddy's obsession ;)

Neil

Start 'em young, that's the way! :clap

When my niece was little we used to pick her up from nursery and the first thing she usually said to me was "Have you got any new figures today?". She's 17 next month and now she just rolls her eyes every time I get something :lol

Neil

That's great. My oldest daughter is becoming a bit of a nerd by default, just being exposed to my stuff, even though I haven't actively been trying to proselytize the cult of Transformers. My 12 year old nephew even got a '66 Batman Hot Toys figure for his birthday after visiting my house recently. I don't know if this is good or bad!

Start 'em young, that's the way! :clap

When my niece was little we used to pick her up from nursery and the first thing she usually said to me was "Have you got any new figures today?". She's 17 next month and now she just rolls her eyes every time I get something :lol

Lol yep get her involved now & all being well she won't be too much trouble when I finally get a display going :)

I expect I'll get something similar as she gets older & friends start coming round.

That's great. My oldest daughter is becoming a bit of a nerd by default, just being exposed to my stuff, even though I haven't actively been trying to proselytize the cult of Transformers. My 12 year old nephew even got a '66 Batman Hot Toys figure for his birthday after visiting my house recently. I don't know if this is good or bad!

Thanks man :)
Lol that's awesome & I'm sure mine will be the same...it all rubs off doesn't it??
I've already got her into My Little Pony & she's not even 2 yet so I'm getting there :)

Blimey a '66 Batman at 12?? that's some awesome Birthday pressie, it could be bad as no doubt he'll start getting into Futzing figures really early & will probably want to help you do yours...which probably won't be too much of an issue until he starts getting better at it than you ;) lol

I'll say this, if he can somehow keep that figure from having snags and otherwise being damaged, then I'll have to officially turn over my entire collection to him to maintain :lol

Ok this really steals back the thunder from KFC's no armored Optimus bot mode. Very intrigued by what they do with the cab! I'm a little concerned by what appears to be more back kibble than usual, so I'd love to see a pic from that angle to clear the matter up. Overall, this is an absolute beast.

the back kibble is the cab. it folds more or less flat. if you look closely, you can see parts of the mirrors and windows right below the hand holding the gun.

Back kibble there is one oy my personal reasons for prefering the trailor to become armor.

Even so, still love it.

Back