JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Here's what I did to dye the suit (no effect on the satin collar).

When I first bleached it, the jacket and pants came out a dark grayish brown color, which wasn't ideal for dyeing it, since my first attempt with the dye turned everything pretty much black again. Then I bleached it a second time for a longer amount of time, maybe ten minutes or so (this time, I actually just dropped the clothes in the bleach bottle and shook it up), and it came out a little lighter. Mixed almost a whole packet of royal blue RIT dye in a tupperware bucket filled with hot water, stirred the clothes around for about another ten minutes, rinsed it, dried it with a blow dryer, and got the result I was looking for.

Got the body on eBay. Can't seem to find a link to the exact one I got, but it's basically an exact clone of a true type narrow shoulder body, just cheaper at around $30.

Hi,Mattman, yours pm box is full;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Depending on what the piece is made of, you guys might also want to try Rit's color remover, after the bleach. Make sure to first wash the piece thoroughly, you definitely don't want to mix the Rit color remover with anything based on chlorine. You'll also have to work with it in hot water, but it can work very well. Also very different from bleach, including the ability to remove certain pigments/colors that bleach will not have any effect on. I did one of my shirts two weeks ago after having passed it through bleach first. It was originally grey, the bleach turned it pink and the Rit took it to a very creamy white.

EXCELLENT looking Bond, drewflu! Really great job on the clothes. Would love to get that outfit together for mine.

Did about my 10th or so repaint on mine, haha. Think I'm content with it now. Also fashioned a little untied bowtie for that slightly disheveled look and did some padding on the shoulders, back and chest to make the body look more natural.

13925682123_0315a3d78a_b.jpg

13902521712_50119c470d_b.jpg

13925626855_a5f8d2a023_b.jpg

13902517676_4425f28a97_b.jpg

Perfect!

Has anyone attempted to remove the lining from the DID jacket arms? At the moment it's so tight with the shirt underneath you get a bit of a bunched up/ scrunched up look. I was thinking of removing by the seam at the shoulder and leaving around 10mm from the cuff. Since this jacket is more for display you never see the inside sleeve lining anyway :D

So it seems my DID jacket and pants are bleach proof! :gah: I used the Rit Colour Remover first and maybe it lightened slightly though you can never really tell when its wet. Then put it in bleach which I think actually made it darker, then just figured I'd dye it blue and hope when it dries it lightens. So dried it, ironed it and still looks black! :dunno

Though in the right light it does have a much more blue tint to it in contrast to the black satin liner. Though probably my last attempt at dyeing black fabric :rolleyes2

skyfalltux.jpg

How long did you use the bleach? What was the ratio of bleach/water? How long did you use the Rit color remover? And did you cook it on the stove top (but not boiling)?

Point of note: if the DID tux is polyester, all this is out the window. The color won't come out with bleach nor Rit dye remover. I was under the impression you might be using the Toys City suit.

Doh! :D Yeah I wish I went with the Toys City one as it looks much better. Is that one more cotton based?

I uploaded a pic of the results in better lighting. It looks ok, though I guess his tux in the movie is also quite shiny satin which shows off the blue more.

Yep did everything by the book, simmered etc. Is there an example of a dyed Toys City Tux in the thread?

There are definitely multiple examples of dyed Toys City tuxes in the thread, but you'll have to scroll back some pages to see them.

Dam that TC tux looks good! Craps all over the DID! Still finding it hard to see the blue, chilipep. Looks similar colour to the other photos of mine. Great looking Bond. Where is the watch from?

Just a quick update on the DID tux. Looking at it in daylight it looks way more blue than in normal tungsten light. So good result in the end :) Might need a bit of ironing around the seams and lapel though.

P1030356.JPG

Honestly speaking the DID tux is pure garbage. I hate everything about it.

Love the toyscity tux and suit like more than anything. Best suits of all time bar none. But I don't like it for the Skyfall tux even dyed. His shoulders are too wide among other problems.

In all honesty you want to go with the verycool tux. It's already blue and modelled after the Skyfall tux and on a coulson it fits his body and build perfectly.

9v9o.png

Nice! Yeah DID tux isn't great. I was searching the ends of the internet for one of those very cool skyfall tuxedos. Though they sold out a long time ago.

Though I don't think anything will top what Kato comes out with ;)

Anyone got a lead on a Bbkill Craig sculpt for sale please pm me..thanks!

Heres my Skyfall Bond bash I'm working on. I was able to get the BBkill sculpt and Toycity tux in the deal. What others said was right this tux is really great! I was thinking about going with the Kato set but this suit works just fine for me. Got him on a Hot Toys Chris Taylor body with some extra padding on the shoulders to level the suit out a bit. Just waiting to send out the sculpt for paint and for his Walther PPK to come in.

bond2_zpsb449cc94.jpg

bond1_zps2adfe550.jpg

bond4_zps905b875e.jpg

As far as I know, the Chris Taylor body is an ordinary Narrow TT like the one that came with the Gambit HS and is an ideal choice for Bond. It's what I could use if I ever felt like painting a sculpt, never say never on that score.....

Back