Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel I love seeing the photos of your work. They are fantastic. Can't wait to get back into customizing. Lots to do though before I can get back to sculpting, painting, sewing. I have 8 suitcases to put away/launder/unpack. YUCK.

Tomorrow I'm going to take the boys swimming. They're really bored at home. While I am putting away and unpacking upstairs I am only hoping they are not making a mess downstairs. Motherhood is tiresome sometimes.

Don't forget, HT sells their Masterpiece figures as "model kits". That way they skirt around the action figure license and the trade off is a bit more assembly. I have others of theirs and it doesn't affect the poseability/playability factor.

You will have to post links or photos. I am unaware of such model kits. Are they cheaper, then? :rolleyes:

Photosssss Ironman...photosssss!!!!

You will have to post links or photos. I am unaware of such model kits. Are they cheaper, then? :rolleyes:

I've attached a pic, taken by my phone. Its not great but you should get the idea.

All of Hot Toys 1:6 Masterpiece series are termed "models". Their Aliens marines, their Aliens and Predators, the heroes....

Last edited:
I SHOULD have taken photo of the bed but didn't. Next time. Anyway, here is a wonderful ape-like shelf!! (Taken in Kilifi, Mombasa).

kenya2009026.jpg

And this is their wonderful ape-like lamp!!
kenya2009027.jpg

Mombasa building being built.
kenya2009024.jpg

Last edited:
Angel I see nothing wrong with the skin tones of your painting. But, if you don't enjoy the act of painting, then I can see why you would not want to paint for others.

Angel I see nothing wrong with the skin tones of your painting. But, if you don't enjoy the act of painting, then I can see why you would not want to paint for others.

Jessica - I'll let you do the painting for the others. I don't enjoy it at all.

I sculpted these beards for Stickman and enjoyed that. But painting them sucked eggs. I can't stand painting. When will I get that into my head? It's really hard for me, and takes me such a long a time. Painting these custom heads was like an all day event for me.

I'm going back to painting gorilla heads, that I always enjoy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here is a cool photo of a sand crab. These suckers are less than 3 inches wide and run fast. It took me several minutes to tire out this crab before it would stay still. When they run on the sand they look like leaves being blown around by the wind--that's how fast they are.

kenya2009044.jpg

I love the composition of this shot:
kenya2009030.jpg

Here is some palm fiber that look almost like it was woven. Palm fibers glued onto cloth were used for the human outfits on the Planet of the Apes. I forget where I read that.
kenya2009040.jpg

Last edited:
I had a lot of downtime in Nairobi. I was able to complete this sweater while over there for my newborn nephew.

kenya2009077.jpg

kenya2009074.jpg

I believe that you should try all types of food or consumables at least once in your lifetime, like camel milk, even if it was in the form of yogurt. I tried this on my last day there. It was really delicious. It was vanilla flavored and it was powdery but very very delicious. I mentioned this to my sister, who said that she has tasted water buffalo milk on rice, and she said it's so rich it was like cream. Thinking about that makes me drool.
kenya2009052.jpg

kenya2009053.jpg

Hi all, during my trawl through ebay I came across this listing. Never heard of this figure before but I thought you might be interested...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Medicom-CHE-GUEVARA-Rebel-Ape-SSUR-12-Hot-Toys_W0QQitemZ130325052198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e57fa7b26&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have that old figure, he's a great looking piece (in storage at the moment) but you can see a pic at the bottom of this old review- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050605b.htm
Picked it up cheap in London about 5 years ago (priced up wrong) it was meant to be £125 but it had a £25 sticker... had to let me have it for the marked price...Yay!

Thank you for the comparison pix, Jess. You may have posted them for PZ, but I think many of us ape-preciatte them...PS

I know, I couldn't resist.Shoot me.

Angel, those beards look great - nice job!

Jess - its just so great having you back in town. Those gorilla head comparisons are great. Any thought on whether trimming down a SS head will allow the face to fit on the HT?

Angel, those beards look great - nice job!

Thanks Ironman.

About a week ago, I told you I modifying an extra naked orangutan body that did not have any hands. To simulate the black gloves of a gorilla, I had painted some extra “flesh like” hands (belonging to James Bond) the color black. I also painted the orangutan forearms and his neck post the color black in order to help hide any parts of the tan orangutan body.

Anyways, I started creating a new gorilla character this morning. This gorilla’s face is being inspired by the TV series. I’ll post a picture of this brute sometime today, probably tonight when he’s finished. Wish me luck!

BTW – No scarecrows this weekend guys.

Great photos Jessica. Glad to have you back!

Not sure what I'd think of the camel milk. I guess you'd need a pretty tall stool to milk a camel huh? :monkey1

Your nephew’s sweater looks wonderful. He sure is a hairy little chimp, what’s his name?:D

Thanks Ironman.

About a week ago, I told you I modifying an extra naked orangutan body that did not have any hands. To simulate the black gloves of a gorilla, I had painted some extra “flesh like” hands (belonging to James Bond) the color black. I also painted the orangutan forearms and his neck post the color black in order to help hide any parts of the tan orangutan body.

Anyways, I started creating a new gorilla character this morning. This gorilla’s face is being inspired by the TV series. I’ll post a picture of this brute sometime today, probably tonight when he’s finished. Wish me luck!

BTW – No scarecrows this weekend guys.

No scarecrows is forgiveable if you are making GORILLAS!!!!

This gorilla thug I’m making was a last minute brainstorm. I was hoping to get one of Jessica’s gorilla sculpts originally, but I know she’s very busy with many other things. I’ve had suitcases sit in my basement unpacked for several weeks after a long trip. I dislike unpacking after traveling. Pitiful, I’m just pitiful. How does her family keep up with her?

Back to the Scarecrows; they are still on my project list, and I see them being made soon… very soon.

Back