Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kfog, Great to hear from you!!!

Parkhopper that horse looks great! I will keep an eye out for this one thank you

Wow PZ, and I was going to offer you $300.. :lol

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm really going to get that price. It may take a few months before I sell it and it might be at a reduced rate by that time.

To be honest I never thought I would be selling it. It has been just sitting in my closet for over nine years without ever being displayed. My wife doesn't mind having the other two Lawgiver statues on display but one covered in blood was another matter.

And by the way, Parkhopper is my son Alex. He joined the Freak a few months back. Now there are THREE generations of Freak Board members in my family!

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm really going to get that price. It may take a few months before I sell it and it might be at a reduced rate by that time.

To be honest I never thought I would be selling it. It has been just sitting in my closet for over nine years without ever being displayed. My wife doesn't mind having the other two Lawgiver statues on display but one covered in blood was another matter.

And by the way, Parkhopper is my son Alex. He joined the Freak a few months back. Now there are THREE generations of Freak Board members in my family!

Well if we can ever negotiate on a price let me know, I have always wanted that version, and you know my dedication to the Ape line is strong.

Good to know about your son, must be very fun to have the family involved. It will be great seeing what they come up with.

Aw I did not know Parkhopper was your son, PZ!

I like that horse just posted.

So sad I still have to unpack from Dragoncon. My suitcase still has stuff from my trip. All clean clothes though.

I have extra Ursus/Dragoncon Clan tshirts if anybody is interested in purchasing. They look really great!

He wears medium but he sometimes wears large because he likes the extra room.

Thank you for thinking of him... that is very kind of you.

PZ send me your mailing address to my facebook via private message or my gmail account. I have a size large tshirt I want to give to your son.

IMG_0417.JPG

Thank you so much for the awesome t-shirt. I am going to wear it to school tomorrow!:clap:clap:clap:clap
Thanks again!:)

Funny enough, yesterday my son wore his t-shirt!! (without prompting!) He said nobody noticed, nobody cared. LOL!!

That shirt looks cool! Hey, is anyone familiar with the Winston Churchill Head sculp at Monkey Depot and Wouldn't it make a good "Skipper" figure from BTPOTA?

That shirt looks cool! Hey, is anyone familiar with the Winston Churchill Head sculp at Monkey Depot and Wouldn't it make a good "Skipper" figure from BTPOTA?

I don't remember the Skipper being that chubby. Or are you thinking of the Skipper from Gilligan's Island? :wink1:

Space is getting tight so selling all my sideshow apes. Have:
Cornelius, Zira, Zaius x2, Gorilla soldier x2, Custom Ursus, Slave Taylor Nova twin pack, Brent, Mutant leader all have boxes and parts all complete in a1 condition.
Many thanks Steve UK.

OMG GUYS!! I just stumbled upon something that I needed to share. I ended up buying Vallejo paints to help paint up some headsculpts (mego scale...I know...yeah...but I had a bunch I promised someone). The skintone pallette is STILL DIFFICULT but with the help of chalk pastels, you can achieve greatness. I used a matte type of acrylic to help deaden the shine and also to seal up the chalk pastels. It still looked shiny to me. So...I decided to seal this further with matte top coat nail polish. OMG it's perfect!! Of course, the eyes and lips get the gloss treatment. BUT WOW!! You should try it if you haven't already. I purchased the nailpolish at Walgreens, and I got it for making my black fingernail polish look matte when I am in ape gear. But it works for my dollies too. YAY!!!

I know this is not 1:6 scale, but check out the wonderful matte top coat nailpolish on the paintwork. It's self levelling, too!!

Bottom right photo looks like a flaw in the paint...so I covered it up with more of the matte top coat, and it's all smooth now.

Shocked at how far back the thread had gotten.Anyway,after quite some time and a fair amount of thought,I am finally starting a face job on my HT gorilla Lt. by popping off his face and starting mods,specifically lowering the middle of his hairline.Next,I re-work his muzzle...PS

Yeah, Sideshow and Hot Toys have abandoned the collector. And so many are appeased with the tiny Neca offerings that there's not much here. Plus the SSF is still the only site I have problems with since they revamped and I'm not resetting everything else just for one site so its fallen to the wayside.
I do look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Back