My missing cat retuns home after 30 mile journey.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great story, I'm glad he returned.

Classic example of psi in cats where they find their way back home. Sucks about the paw, but atleast you have him back.

Sorry I kept saying she before...anyway, even if he did lose a lot of weight and a paw, he looks pretty healthy and well kept in that picture!

Well, here he was after I found him. He definitely used up all his reserved fat to survive as he used to be HUGE. If I find any old pics of him, I'll post it next time just so you guys can get a sense of how much of a fat, healthy feline he used to be.

15050623540_771b077802_c.jpg

Tom Cat :rock

30 miles? Wow that is incredible. It's fascinating to think about the journey that he went thru and what scents or clues he picked up on to lead him so far back home. Stories like this have always amazed me.

So happy to hear he made his way home. Nothing is more heartbreaking than losing a pet. They are part of the family and the connection between owner and pet is often stronger than even other humans. Hope all goes well and he is able to live a peaceful and calm life with you for the rest of his time on this earth.

Thanks every one of you.

Anyway, just to update you guys on the visit to the vet, the doctors did a thorough checkup and aside from missing a limb and loosing 4.5 pounds, he's in remarkable health. The amputation seems to have been from an animal attack due to the bite marks, most probably from the 5-foot lizards I was talking about earlier. He was lucky not to get an infection and he got the injury about 30 days ago based on the wound. That also meant his journey was definitely a real challenge because he had to compensate the missing limb by hopping and reserving his stamina.

Aside from that, he'll be on medication for a month and is expected to gain his weight and health back within a month.

So there you go guys. Pets, they can be great survivors, so take care of your pets the best way you can. :)

I'm really happy for you, Ryan. That's definitely an amazing story. You've got yourself a little warrior there, man. Congrats, again!

I'm very happy for you and Tom, Ryan. Losing a pet is indeed heartbreaking, so I'm glad he has a second chance. I hope to see pics of his future fatter self. :)

Thanks every one of you.

Anyway, just to update you guys on the visit to the vet, the doctors did a thorough checkup and aside from missing a limb and loosing 4.5 pounds, he's in remarkable health. The amputation seems to have been from an animal attack due to the bite marks, most probably from the 5-foot lizards I was talking about earlier. He was lucky not to get an infection and he got the injury about 30 days ago based on the wound. That also meant his journey was definitely a real challenge because he had to compensate the missing limb by hopping and reserving his stamina.

Aside from that, he'll be on medication for a month and is expected to gain his weight and health back within a month.

So there you go guys. Pets, they can be great survivors, so take care of your pets the best way you can. :)

:rockSimply amazing

I'm so happy for you! Is there anything they can do for the injured leg, like, rig a simple slip-on stump that he can use for balance?

Thanks everyone. I'll update you guys with some pics when he's gained back his weight. He's been hugely aggressive towards his younger siblings though, even as so far as chasing his younger brother away from the house. Only a few days back home and he could already sprint. :lol

I think you should start calling him Skywalker.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7634-1367606596-3.gif

:lol

I'm so happy for you! Is there anything they can do for the injured leg, like, rig a simple slip-on stump that he can use for balance?

I don't think so, as it might hinder mobility but as for balance he adapts remarkably well. He can run, jump, and do pretty much what normal cats could do. It's quite surprising.

Back