The Possession of Michael King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK so this just came out on Blu Ray / DVD. It's another Found footage/ POV movie but it was actually very good. It's about a Documentary Film maker who's wife is recently killed. He is an Atheist and so he sets out to Prove there is no spiritual world by messing around with the dark side of things and invites a demon into his life.

Normally I would not make a new thread for a film like this but I thought Horror fans (especially those who like possession/supernatural films) should give this one a go. I thought it was one of the better "Found Footage" films. There is Not much shaky cam as he has cameras set up all through his house. In fact they way it's done there is so much editing that I would not consider it a Found Footage film. So don't be put off by that of you ate those kind of films. It had a feeling of dread throughout the film. The performance by the main actor, Shane Johnson, is what really sold this film. He was great... How This one did not get a major theatrical release when others of the same POV genre do is beyond me.

Is it perfect? No, but I would say it is easily one of the better possession movies ever made.

So Turn out all the lights and give this one a try :)

MV5BNTUzMzUxNzU4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzUyMTcxMjE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

PS - It's better then the trailer. In fact it's best to skip the trailer... Everything plays better in the film.

I would like to see this. It did say it was being played in select theatres, maybe if there is more demand for ppl to see it, more theatres will get it. Since it's already on redbox, it prolly won't reach many.

I would like to see this. It did say it was being played in select theatres, maybe if there is more demand for ppl to see it, more theatres will get it. Since it's already on redbox, it prolly won't reach many.

I bought it on Amazon... I think it's theatrical release days are over :)

I've noticed reviews have either been really bad or pretty good for this. I don't want to buy it until I see it.

I've noticed reviews have either been really bad or pretty good for this. I don't want to buy it until I see it.

Basically if you like possession movies (even though there are not many good ones) and you don't mind found footage films (even though this one is not really done in that style too much) then I think you will enjoy this.

Exorcist is still Number 1

Then it comes down to this or the Exorcism of Emily Rose.... Will have to watch this one a few more times to really give it a true comparison. I may have just been caught by surprise and enjoyed this one more then it deserved. :)

Basically if you like possession movies (even though there are not many good ones) and you don't mind found footage films (even though this one is not really done in that style too much) then I think you will enjoy this.

Exorcist is still Number 1

Then it comes down to this or the Exorcism of Emily Rose.... Will have to watch this one a few more times to really give it a true comparison. I may have just been caught by surprise and enjoyed this one more then it deserved. :)

I did enjoyed the first few Paranormal Activities for what they were. I have looked up the real "Emily rose" story many times, but never actually saw the film. The Conjuring was awesome too, don't know if that one counts, but that one might be the best I've seen for a non found footage type.

Back