Armory or QS001?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really want to get a definitive Batman and thought the Armory one would be it... but there's only one face plate I like. On the other hand I've never bought a quarter-scale figure before and thought I never would. But then... I've only just returned to this part of the forum after years of not really taking account of the DC section and didn't realise how great the QS001 looks. Especially the BW sculpt, but all of it. Aaaarrgh!!!! What do people who own the QS001 think? That or the Armory Bats?

If I only had to pick one kick ass presentation, it'd be the QS.

If you wanna play and have fun with your toys and spend lots of time futzing and swapping parts etc, then go for the armory. But chances are, once you've gotten the armory set, you'd be tempted to get the others, like Batpod, tumbler etc. while if you only got 1/4, you pretty much got the whole thing covered on that scale. :lol

"definitive Batman"=QS001

I have one and the armory on PO. If I did not have the Tumbler/Pod I would not be getting it and would be satisfied with just the 1/4.

Not sure if you are aware, but the face plates for the armory Batman and 1/4 are the same, just different sizes.

Personally I think the 1/4 Batman is the way to go. It has lots of display options and looks great out of the box. It is my definitive Nolan Batman alongside my 1/4 Enterbay Batman.

The armory is okay, but is basically two guys in a suit, an okay Batman, and a bunch of weapons that will probably never leave the box.

QS001 > Armory

If you only need one nollan batman, i think 1/4 batman is the best choice. Might check the enterbay batman in my point of view its the best one

QS IMG_4652_??_??.jpg

i'd say QS001, if your goal is "I really want to get a definitive Batman", no doubt about it.
1/6 scale can't beat the size & detail on the qs001

Pretty much what Hydeous said. If you're looking for a definitive TDK Batman figure, regardless of the scale, the QS is your boy. The Armory just doesn't match the overall quality. That being said, it's still a very nice set. Alfred looks fantastic, and they, at least, got the most important faceplate right, with the neutral one. Do you have a 1/6th collection? If so, the Armory might be your bet. Alfred looks awesome, the regular Batman looks pretty good, and the Bruce Wayne figure is just "okay."

End of the day, if you're strictly judging each based on the merits of Batman, the QS is your best bet. All four faceplates look awesome (even straw sucker), the cowl is very good, the quality of the suit is great, and it's probably the most accurate suit HT has ever done for that version of Batman. On the flip side, if you already have a Bane or a Joker and you're looking to build up a TDK collection, you could do worse than a three pack with Batman, Bruce, and Alfred. Personally, though, I'm probably going to save for the QS.

Not sure if you are aware, but the face plates for the armory Batman and 1/4 are the same, just different sizes.

Personally I think the 1/4 Batman is the way to go. It has lots of display options and looks great out of the box. It is my definitive Nolan Batman alongside my 1/4 Enterbay Batman.

The armory is okay, but is basically two guys in a suit, an okay Batman, and a bunch of weapons that will probably never leave the box.

QS001 > Armory

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. They were based on the QS, but there's a significant quality drop in the final product.

Thanks for all the great responses. 1/6 has always been my scale, I'm just returning to the hobby now after years away and didn't think I'd want a 1/4 scale, but I've heard so many good things about the QS001 that I'm really intrigued. What's the pose ability like compared to the 1/6 DX12? And have there been any QC issues? Thanks.

I think the QS may actually be a bit more posable than the DX 12. I'm not sure if there've been any alterations in the armory version, though.

QS is the best representation of the whole trilogy, with the extra villain masks.

It really depends on what scale you prefer collecting. QS001 is the more impressive piece, but there are probably only going to be a handful of those going forward.

I think a Joker is an eventuality, there's going to be Star Wars figures in that scale and you know we'll eventually get at least one big Iron Man.

Do you like a few 18-inch figures mixed together with a lot of 12-inch figures? That's up to you. And the QS001 is a much better stop-you-in-your-tracks showpiece, if that's important to you.

As far as QC issues, I don't think there have been any, at least major ones, with the QS001. We don't know yet about QC on the armory set, but if it's anything like the DX12, there shouldn't be many QC issues either.

However, many collectors were unsatisfied with certain aspects of the DX12, so they decided to make some modifications.

Back