Why no Marvel DX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just curious as to why we haven't seen a Marvel DX yet. Seems to me that a character like Captain America cries out for the DX treatment with PERS under his helmet; it would be a great way to get a new Avengers Cap out there as secondary prices are fairly high. I know some of the Marvel releases are quite lavish anyway but none of them have had the kind of 'definitive' treatment that a DX release implies (even if some DX's get rereleased multiple times!).

Just wondering what people's choices would be, or if they'd rather there weren't any.

Only one I am waiting/wanting is a tony stark from iron man 1. Not so much for PERS though will need to be DX but more on the side of a deluxe package. Double sided dio background oneof mountains and Jericho explosion and the other inside the cave. Suit version clothing, green vest and tools for constructing Mk 1 helmet scene. Also provide a white vest and one mark 3 replusor arm for when Tony is blasting his work shop up. Combine that with alot of fill in accessories and you would have one ultimate Tony Stark. What do you say Hot Toys.

No Marvel DX bc the Ledger & Bale maniacs will all cosplay and picket/riot at Howard's home with their home made Batarangs and purple trench coats, and ain't nobody need that drama.

Only one I am waiting/wanting is a tony stark from iron man 1. Not so much for PERS though will need to be DX but more on the side of a deluxe package. Double sided dio background oneof mountains and Jericho explosion and the other inside the cave. Suit version clothing, green vest and tools for constructing Mk 1 helmet scene. Also provide a white vest and one mark 3 replusor arm for when Tony is blasting his work shop up. Combine that with alot of fill in accessories and you would have one ultimate Tony Stark. What do you say Hot Toys.

That does sound pretty awesome, I'd buy that set. When they were announcing the IM2 range I was expecting a DX Tony Stark set with the MkV - Tony in racing suit with a PERS head, separate MkV figure and a suitcase accessory which opened into the 'stage one' position with the frames for his hands inside. But that never came to pass, I'm not seeing it now.

Tony Stark has always been the figure I thought would break into the DX line for Marvel. However, since I'm not a fan of PERS, I'd rather see the figures done well as regular releases anyway.

I think Heimdall would be cool with PERS. Actually I'd just like to see a Heimdall.

Regarding a DX, I like the idea of a diecast MKV/Racing Suit Stark. It could include the suitcase, a fight damaged portrait and a sliced front end of a Formula One car. I sold the first MKV because it just felt and looked kind of anemic to me. A diecast would be probably be fantastic.

If HT really wanted to go out on a limb I'd love to see them make Pepper Potts/Rescue concept DX. When I read that Pepper was going to be in a suit in IM3 I was hoping it would be a special armor that Tony had made special for her, and to her proportions. Even an after credits or deleted scene would have been cool. Even though she was in the armor in the movie, a female head in a male IM armor is not something that appeals to me from a display standpoint. They could also do an Extremis version with the sports bra and swap-out arms. I'm going to keep pushing for this until it gets made or I figure a way to have a custom done.

They could do Hulk - who is quite limited as a figure - with Pers and a working jaw, similar to how the muscle suits work with articulation under rubber. Obviously the rubber would deteriorate after five minutes but it would be interesting to see articulation introduced into the face other than the eyes.

No Marvel DX bc the Ledger & Bale maniacs will all cosplay and picket/riot at Howard's home with their home made Batarangs and purple trench coats, and ain't nobody need that drama.
You forgot to mention they'll drive Howard mad with their bad impressions of Bale and Ledger :lecture

Hulk had PERS but he isn't technically considered a Dx. IM just needs eyes that light up movement is unnecessary. Until HT finds another Marvel cow to milk besides IM , I predict no Dx

Back