<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> TDK Batman Armory - OMG Photo Review <>

I agree, the eyes do look better. I don't know about the mouthplates yet, they don't look like they fit with the cowl. And the cape, once again, looks like a bath towel.

Newbie here looking forward to just the Armory only which I do have on order from Big Bad Toy Stores, oh ya I have been on a long search for a DX12 and with the price being stupid right now how can I pass up on the Armory so I'm so glad I did not spend the cash just for a DX12. Yesterday I received my first HT's Batman MMS67 Original Bat suit and love it more then I thought I would and I have a 89 Keaton arriving in a few weeks.

So did they just paint the eyes in or change them? I have a dx12 with painted eyes and I'm wondering if I need to upgrade

I suddenly feel bad for PO'ing 3 sets.

Damn, I finally gave in to temptation and looked in here :lol

Wow, BW suit looks badly tailored :( it doesnt fit properly and have that DID 'floating' collar effect on the suit. And the mouthplates looks lousier than the previous DX12 ones :panic:

Asides from that, the armory looks stellar and amazing. And so is the BW head paint, it looks more like Bale than the DX12 one. But asides from those, this feels like a bit of a let down considering it was one of my hugely anticipated release of this year. One of the mouthplate's teeth looks like hes got bleeding gums, but it looks like they fixed the racoon eyes this time around though they still look goggly.

Yeah, when I looked at these photos first and saw that mouth plate I thought "WTF?" Then I looked at the other photos, JingoBell's especially, and realized that it actually looks more natural at real life viewing angles and lighting. OMG's photos are great at showing us the fine detail and the photos of the head sculpts are at angles and lighting similar to portrait photographs of actual people. These are sixth scale figures, and displayed, we would never view these at the same angles and lighting.

I'm good with the faceplates and probably the only one in here that actually likes them :)

This set came out great! I may pick up but I'm not sure at the moment. Great pics OMG!

It seems like they definitely changed the eyes looking at my dx12. The corner of the eyes is much farther away from the cowl in the armory set

Yeah, when I looked at these photos first and saw that mouth plate I thought "WTF?" Then I looked at the other photos, JingoBell's especially, and realized that it actually looks more natural at real life viewing angles and lighting. OMG's photos are great at showing us the fine detail and the photos of the head sculpts are at angles and lighting similar to portrait photographs of actual people. These are sixth scale figures, and displayed, we would never view these at the same angles and lighting.

I'm good with the faceplates and probably the only one in here that actually likes them :)

Agreed, OMG is more of a technical review and Jingo really brings the characters to life. Some people are being very rude to OMG today

Bah this set is so 2010. The Caine hs looks poor compared to some knock offs that I have seen. More than happy with the dx-12 set. The armoury looks great, I will pick that off to complete my Nolan bat collection. My money is going to the new kid on the block --Guardians!!!

With all my respect to Kato's work, how could he be an option if you are not a billionaire like Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark:))?

I agree. I respect what he does and the quality of work he produces. I just can't justify spending that much on a 1/6 suit. Especially when I just bought a 3 piece suit for a wedding that was cheaper than what Kato charges. :lol

Agreed, OMG is more of a technical review and Jingo really brings the characters to life. Some people are being very rude to OMG today

:goodpost: These figures will need to be properly futzed IMO to make them pop on my shelf. I appreciate the pics to give us all an up close view of whats being produced.

I think the set looks good overall. I don't really see the complaints about Bruce's suit. To me it looks fine, the collar can probably be futzed to lay down better and other than that I think it seems fine. The Batman looks basically the same as the DX12 which I'm fine with and expected honestly. The face plates are the only thing that I don't love but I'll use the neutral one which isn't so bad.

The armory itself though and Alfred both look great.

- Alfred looks dead. It's a great likeness to Caine, but it looks like a friggin' corpse. In a few shots he looks like he belongs at his own funeral service. His profile looks like they didn't even bother looking at a reference of the side of his face.

- Bruce's outfit looks cheap ass ****. DX 11 Joker and this Alfred have great, formed clothes, what happened with Wayne.

- Those mouth plates are hilarious. Hot Toys is trolling people at this point. Not only are they sized wrong (worse than the DX 12) they just look funny as **** the way they jut out and fit on the face. It's like they were made for a bigger head sculpt in mind (which would actually benefit the cowl head, had they made it bigger).

+ Painting and reshaping the eyes on Batman looks great and makes him look less derpy now compared to the DX 12. Atleast they listened about that, so kudos to Hot Toys.

+ the overall presentation of the armory is quite a site to behold

+ the weapons and accessories look like they held up during the production and don't look cheap. They all turned out great. Love the holster.

+ neutral sculpt faceplate is fine, too bad the other three got wasted and are doomed to stay in storage forever.

Last edited:

- Alfred looks dead. It's a great likeness to Caine, but it looks like a friggin' corpse. In a few shots he looks like he belongs at his own funeral service. His profile looks like they didn't even bother looking at a reference of the side of his face.

Yeah, also my impression. As for the last point, yeah, it's quite possible they didn't look at reference for his profile. Multiple figures would bear that out.

I have to say I am not a fan of OMG's photos and the dead look Alfred is a choice of OMG's way of photography. We all know that how photography has the power to make something alive or dead. I don't like the use of light which OMG is using. This works sometimes with some figures but not always and Alfred's look is a good example of this. Look at jingobell's photos and you can clearly understand the difference...

Alfred looks dead and blank eyes in Jingo's too.

10574348_550301981762167_7400462628483529564_n.jpg

Back