<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> TDK Batman Armory - OMG Photo Review <>

I see that a lot lately. WTF.

People are not mad at OMG or rude to him. They are upset at the crappy quality of Hot Toys. When someone brought up the Wal-Mart quality suit, OMG said to get a Kato one. Even he knows Hot Toys is just calling it in now.

You don't want a deteriorating dome: go - yourself
You want a nice suit: go - yourself
You don't want crappy diecast arms: go - yourself
You don't want waxy-lifeless sculpts: go - yourself
We fixed it now and you need to buy version 2.0 and 3.0: go - yourself

OMG is now supporting this mentality by telling us to buy a Kato suit if we don't like the crappy one they include.

Newbie here looking forward to just the Armory only which I do have on order from Big Bad Toy Stores, oh ya I have been on a long search for a DX12 and with the price being stupid right now how can I pass up on the Armory so I'm so glad I did not spend the cash just for a DX12. Yesterday I received my first HT's Batman MMS67 Original Bat suit and love it more then I thought I would and I have a 89 Keaton arriving in a few weeks.

Great pickups! Welcome to the board!

I think the set looks good overall. I don't really see the complaints about Bruce's suit. To me it looks fine, the collar can probably be futzed to lay down better and other than that I think it seems fine. The Batman looks basically the same as the DX12 which I'm fine with and expected honestly. The face plates are the only thing that I don't love but I'll use the neutral one which isn't so bad.

The armory itself though and Alfred both look great.

- Alfred looks dead. It's a great likeness to Caine, but it looks like a friggin' corpse. In a few shots he looks like he belongs at his own funeral service. His profile looks like they didn't even bother looking at a reference of the side of his face.

- Bruce's outfit looks cheap ass ****. DX 11 Joker and this Alfred have great, formed clothes, what happened with Wayne.

- Those mouth plates are hilarious. Hot Toys is trolling people at this point. Not only are they sized wrong (worse than the DX 12) they just look funny as **** the way they jut out and fit on the face. It's like they were made for a bigger head sculpt in mind (which would actually benefit the cowl head, had they made it bigger).

+ Painting and reshaping the eyes on Batman looks great and makes him look less derpy now compared to the DX 12. Atleast they listened about that, so kudos to Hot Toys.

+ the overall presentation of the armory is quite a site to behold

+ the weapons and accessories look like they held up during the production and don't look cheap. They all turned out great. Love the holster.

+ neutral sculpt faceplate is fine, too bad the other three got wasted and are doomed to stay in storage forever.

Maybe they will look better in person, but the mouthplates are, so far, a big disappointment to me. The neutral one is only OK. I didn't expect HT to make that many, if any, improvements to the figure, but the four mouthplates were supposed to be a big selling point.

I expect this set to start showing up on YouTube very soon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the set looks good overall. I don't really see the complaints about Bruce's suit. To me it looks fine, the collar can probably be futzed to lay down better and other than that I think it seems fine. The Batman looks basically the same as the DX12 which I'm fine with and expected honestly. The face plates are the only thing that I don't love but I'll use the neutral one which isn't so bad.

The armory itself though and Alfred both look great.

- Alfred looks dead. It's a great likeness to Caine, but it looks like a friggin' corpse. In a few shots he looks like he belongs at his own funeral service. His profile looks like they didn't even bother looking at a reference of the side of his face.

- Bruce's outfit looks cheap ass ****. DX 11 Joker and this Alfred have great, formed clothes, what happened with Wayne.

- Those mouth plates are hilarious. Hot Toys is trolling people at this point. Not only are they sized wrong (worse than the DX 12) they just look funny as **** the way they jut out and fit on the face. It's like they were made for a bigger head sculpt in mind (which would actually benefit the cowl head, had they made it bigger).

+ Painting and reshaping the eyes on Batman looks great and makes him look less derpy now compared to the DX 12. Atleast they listened about that, so kudos to Hot Toys.

+ the overall presentation of the armory is quite a site to behold

+ the weapons and accessories look like they held up during the production and don't look cheap. They all turned out great. Love the holster.

+ neutral sculpt faceplate is fine, too bad the other three got wasted and are doomed to stay in storage forever.

People are not mad at OMG or rude to him. They are upset at the crappy quality of Hot Toys. When someone brought up the Wal-Mart quality suit, OMG said to get a Kato one. Even he knows Hot Toys is just calling it in now.

You don't want a deteriorating dome: go - yourself
You want a nice suit: go - yourself
You don't want crappy diecast arms: go - yourself
You don't want waxy-lifeless sculpts: go - yourself
We fixed it now and you need to buy version 2.0 and 3.0: go - yourself

OMG is now supporting this mentality by telling us to buy a Kato suit if we don't like the crappy one they include.

The set looks a little better in JingoBells's and PlasticEnemies' pictures, I don't think that's OMG's fault. I didn't help that one of his mouthplates was badly painted.

It's kind of a mixed bag at the moment.

Great photos. Ipim not put off of the set. I never planned to use the Batsuit for anything other than hanging in the display. I just thought the character profile of Alfred gave him a sad appearance. I'm good with it. Detailing on his face is complete. Yeah, I'm still looking forward to the text saying that this has arrived in store.

Cant wait to get the set, but I ordered it from OSB, so I probably wont get it till Mid 2015 if I'm lucky.

If ever. I'm STILL waiting for my man of steel superman from him. Which he refuses to even acknowledge.

Back to the topic at hand, the more I look at this set the more underwhelmed I am by it. The faceplates really don't work, and the suits don't really stand out as anything special. With this being a let down, as well as the Arkham City Batman, I'm getting quite nervous with how the Returns Batman might end up.

Money $aved.

I might be the only one that is actually very underwhelmed by this. Alfred looks sick, but there seems to be zero improvements to the DX12. Pass.

Great pics tho.

Have to agree. The pinstripes on Wayne's suit looks like something out of JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY.

Have to agree. The pinstripes on Wayne's suit looks like something out of JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY.

Johnny+Dangerously+2.jpg

tumblr_mlh1hsxzyc1rtg76ko1_500.gif

If ever. I'm STILL waiting for my man of steel superman from him. Which he refuses to even acknowledge.

Back to the topic at hand, the more I look at this set the more underwhelmed I am by it. The faceplates really don't work, and the suits don't really stand out as anything special. With this being a let down, as well as the Arkham City Batman, I'm getting quite nervous with how the Returns Batman might end up.

This isnt the first complain I have heard bout him as of recent, please keep us posted if its anything that we should be aware of.

Osb used to have top notch CS a few years back with nothing but the best feedbacks from their customers, though I have never bought anything from them since Im not in the UK/EU as that seems to be their core market.

This isnt the first complain I have heard bout him as of recent, please keep us posted if its anything that we should be aware of.

Osb used to have top notch CS a few years back with nothing but the best feedbacks from their customers, though I have never bought anything from them since Im not in the UK/EU as that seems to be their core market.

There's actually a thread about it in the dealers/market place section as there's a few people who are still waiting for stuff from him. The main problem though is the lack of communication. They seem to just be ignoring any enquiries about it. I've used OSB for years and would always recommend them to anyone in the uk but I won't be using them anymore. It's a real shame.

You haven't gotten your MOS yet? Ridiculous.

Tell me about it. The excitement for the figure has really disappeared by now. I'm hoping if it ever arrives I'll still love it though as I'm a big fan of the movie and design.

Yeah, the MoS figure can even be had for lower than retail right now if Im not mistaken.

I've actually considered telling OSB to cancel all my preorders with them as well as my man of steel order, but even then I doubt I'd get any response. The last time I heard from them was July 4th saying my estimated delivery date was two weeks. I'd been told the same thing in February.

Tell me about it. The excitement for the figure has really disappeared by now. I'm hoping if it ever arrives I'll still love it though as I'm a big fan of the movie and design.

Do you plan to mod it, like StewMurray47 did? His looks great, even better than stock.

Probably not. I was thinking about getting a tony mei cape as that looks great but was going to wait until I got the figure in hand first to see how it was. By the time I get it I'll probably just leave it stock, looks fantastic like that anyway.

Probably not. I was thinking about getting a tony mei cape as that looks great but was going to wait until I got the figure in hand first to see how it was. By the time I get it I'll probably just leave it stock, looks fantastic like that anyway.

I left it as stock as well.

As nice as the TM's cape is, it isnt pleated as in the movie, making it inaccurate.

Yeah, I do love the pleats in the stock cape, but I love the colour and drape of Tony's. I don't think I wanna do any non reversible stuff to my figure though. I'm sure I'll love the figure as is though.

Did I upset people by mentioning kato? I apologize o_o

Back