Does Firefly take a while to get into?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie is somewhat confusing if you haven't seen the show, even though they tried to reintroduce everything. For instance, I never got what Inara's occupation was from the movie.

I thought that too, but then I watched the show and loved it. Now Serenity is one of my favorite movies.

It is my favorite movie of all time. I'm such a fangirl.

The movie is somewhat confusing if you haven't seen the show, even though they tried to reintroduce everything. For instance, I never got what Inara's occupation was from the movie.

I saw the movie first, which is probably why I was attached to the show from the get go. I never found the movie confusing at all.

I saw the feature film Serenity first, then started watching Firefly.

Same. I wasn'the even taken with the movie at first, but then I'd think about it and want to re watch it, that was enough for me to watch the show.

I saw Serenity when it came out in the Theatre and thought it was good but nothing great. A couple years later I heard of Firefly and watched it on DVD. I loved the show and when I started Serenity I was like I think I have seen this before. Wow what a difference once you love the characters. Now I love the show and movie.

Honestly it took me till the third episode to get into it. The pilot didn't quite gel with me as a few of the dialog and story bits seemed like the writers were trying way to hard to be clever ("I never married", the strawberries, and the "gold bars" turning out to be food).

I pretty much liked it from the first episode. In fact, the "Serenity" pilot ranks as probably my 4th or 5th favorite of the series. Some of my favorite scenes are in that episode, though I think the network made a good call (for once) in asking them to lighten Mal up (some more) after that.

Do get through the whole episode before deciding at least. 10 minutes are not enough to judge any piece of entertainment by, IMO. I'd agree with whoever above said that if you're not hooked by Shindig, its probably not your thing.

Started with Serenity. I really enjoyed that & had no problem following the story despite the established history of the characters. Then read up about Firefly, buy it and savored all 14 episodes (luv'd the series) then re-watched Serenity which then had a greater impact

I was completely in the dark about Firefly. Saw the trailers for Serenity and was interested. Talked to my son about the up coming movie. He loaned me his Firefly DVD set and said I should watch it before I saw the movie. I think I was hooked from the very start. I now own the movie and the TV show on Blu-ray and watch them at least twice a year. I custom built all 9 crew members, and have the QMx Mal on pre-order. I've traveled to various Cons to meet the actors that played the crew, and found they have all been fantastic. LOVE THIS VERSE!!!

Old Grandpa

People I know RAVED about this show so I tried it out. After 5 or 6 episodes I gave up. I just couldn't get into it and didn't care about the characters. Maybe it was because I knew the show only lasted 13 or 14 episodes, but I just didn't really care for it.

I hadn't watched it for three years so put it on my rotation while waiting for the season premieres of current shows. I am up to the fourth episode and while I'd forgotten so much of it it's like watching a new show, I do remember why I struggled with it the first time. It is the foreknowledge it had such a short run and not a lot of time to get to know the characters and one other silly thing. I just find the Southern accents incredibly irritating.

I never watched when it was on tv. My Brother had the full dvd box set and eventually convinced me to watch it.
In an ideal world, and an alternate universe, there are people watching season Firefly season 13 right now. What could have been...

If Star Wars was on to it, this would have been equivalent to "The adventures of Han Solo & the Millenium Falcon" (or Cowboy Bebop/Rebels)

Back